Comet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comet

Nothing about Comet as a company just feel for all the employees who have been chucked out on the dole by what does seem a questionable way of doing business by Optcapita

Nice to see they also owned MFI and are owner of Game.

One went Pop and the other isnt doing so well.

Glad the powers that be seem to have been stung by the story the taxpayer stumps up the redundancy, the taxpayer loses the tax but these cowboys seem to be walking away with a tidy lump sum.

Surely if there is any equity left at all that shouldnt be heading anywhere near the owners bank balance if there are debts left right and centre.

Sure if it was a small business they wouldnt be getting away with it.

Yet again money talks the small guy gets done over

Re: Comet

Mind you I fell out with Comet in my mind back in 1990!s when I purchased a washing machine and the plug was then take out extra care cover and if you do now the promotion is if you do not have a claim the extended warranty period you claim back the cost of the extended warranty, so I contacted them after the warranty ran out with no claim only to be told hard luck we did not receive the tear off strip on purchase, on the agreement at the very bottom was in small print the tear off strip Which I had sent off to them at the time as I noticed it by chance at the outset yet the sales lady never pointed that part out on purchase time, but as usual I did not send Recorded Delivery as proof of despatch, just sent normal post, Boy that was it with Comet.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

someone from here will sadly be made redundant as a result of this....

sad state of affairs really.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This is that nasty corporate Capita who believe in short term gain so I am not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          someone from here will sadly be made redundant as a result of this....

sad state of affairs really.
          Yeah sad for her. Hence wasnt for Comet bashing and thought about even posting at all.

More how an earth we all seem to have been stiffed and the one person/company who should have lost the lot if the company went bust seems to be getting extra portions this xmas.

I dont profess to know much but that seems to be just plain wrong.

Comment

The way companies are aloud to go bust is all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
              Yeah sad for her. Hence wasnt for Comet bashing and thought about even posting at all.
              ahh you know who I mean, of course
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=ken100464;271738]Nothing about Comet as a company just feel for all the employees who have been chucked out on the dole by what does seem a questionable way of doing business by Optcapita

Nice to see they also owned MFI and are owner of Game.

One went Pop and the other isnt doing so well.

Glad the powers that be seem to have been stung by the story the taxpayer stumps up the redundancy, the taxpayer loses the tax but these cowboys seem to be walking away with a tidy lump sum.

Surely if there is any equity left at all that shouldnt be heading anywhere near the owners bank balance if there are debts left right and centre.

Sure if it was a small business they wouldnt be getting away with it.

Yet again money talks the small guy gets done over[/QUOTE

sadly the 52 million opcapita will walk away with will not even stay in this country as the secured lender is hailey aquisitions (american based firm)another 30 million has been shipped to a caribbean island for the warrenty side (triptych insurance)and as many customers will think their insurance is now void will not claim they are expected to gain around 23 million without interest added on by 2018 when the last warrenty will have expired.
                an investigation has begun into how comet has been asset stripped and hopefully this will not happen again to the likes of Game and now HMV who are just about to or are being bought by opcapita
                Last edited by carol01; 19 December 2012, 07:28.
                ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Im not sticking up for Comet in anyway shape or form, but there has to be a distinction between big business and small businesses going under.

If a small business goes under, chances are, it has no money, never had any money, and wont have any in the future.

Someone like comet, prob had fat profits each year, which were removed from the company, and not put back in to help sustain it. Just my own thoughts.

Whatever type of business it is, its always sad for the workers who lose their job, more so near xmas time.

That being said, if a business cant continue, they cant continue, workers wouldnt work for free, so i dont see what people expect them to do.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

UPDATE:

Ex-Comet staff win up to £25m compensation pay-out - AAD BLOG HERE

Comment

Working...
                    X