GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Some people want everything for nothing - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people want everything for nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people want everything for nothing

Just thought id rant about a client of ours.

Wants to buy a house for £380k, wants a mortgage soley in his wife's name.

His wife currently shows an income of £300 per month as a part time M&S employee, and a owner of a residential care home, bought only a few months ago, with 4 months of accounts being declared to the Revenue.

Total income declared last financial year £14600 net profit.

Expected net profit following year 33k to 40k

Deposit of £60k.

Does not want to include himself in the mortgage, reasons i do not know, but thinks he can get a mortgage for £320k.

Not exactly spring chickens either, mortgage would prob run 20 years max.

Had his broker ringing all day with silly questions like, ah, what if HIS rental income was paid in to HER account, could she add that to her income.

No of course not, its not about where it gets paid, its about whos name is down on the business.

He rings up moaning, explain to him, if he wanted to include HIS rental accounts for the mortgage, he should either stick his name down on the mortgage application, or should have advised us to put it down as HER income last year.

Some people want everything for nothing.
    Last edited by SXGuy; 22 October 2012, 11:53.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Some people want everything for nothing

To get £320k wouldn't you need a sole income of £65k plus, including the £60k deposit?

Ours was just shy of £300k but I got a self cert (in poppy's sole name with my income) when I earned a 6 figure salary so it was no problem but now I'm back with the normal earning a shitty wage, I'd never afford our house on my sole wage! Well I would but I'd be pretty poor each month

We paid around £50k deposit.

I've asked you about this before as our self cert is still at 5% so we're stuck with this (and any rate hikes) unless we go joint - sod that! Too risky lol
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Some people want everything for nothing

I know mate.

Self Cert is impossible now, i was lucky enough to get a mortgage for 180k but that was by showing 2 years of accounts AND having my wifes income shown.

we had a deposit of 22k.

The guy lives in a dream world i swear, our prefered broker dropped the job the moment he heard what he could declare and what he wanted, and hes independant with access to all mortgages, so that says it all (wont be getting my M&S vouchers now lol)

He says he doesnt want to be on the mortgage because if he dies he doesnt want trouble with leaving her with it all, well thats what insurance is for surely? if i die, my half gets paid, so why he dont do that is beyond me.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X