GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bank acknowledges 'contactless' card problems by changing rules - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank acknowledges 'contactless' card problems by changing rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank acknowledges 'contactless' card problems by changing rules

Bank acknowledges 'contactless' card problems by changing rules

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 23rd October 2013 17:32.

*First Direct has told customers who want to pay with contactless cards that they must remove them from their wallets - in an apparent admission...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Bank acknowledges 'contactless' card problems by changing rules

If the enterprising criminal can pinch your PIN and rob your account, or buy stuff on ebay with your cloned card details, the contactless cards are laying your money out on the table in front of them, but behind you.

Having worked with smartcard technology, there are issues that arise. If anyone can get close enough to pick your pocket they can pick your electronic pocket as well. From experience there are tests to see that the technology works correctly according to the brief, but not that much testing of incorrect usage. That it the killer.

How do you prove you haven't bought anything when your card is used?

Comment

Working...
    X