GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Drive-thru banking to be launched in Britain by Metro Bank next month - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drive-thru banking to be launched in Britain by Metro Bank next month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive-thru banking to be launched in Britain by Metro Bank next month

Drive-thru banking to be launched in Britain by Metro Bank next month

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 19th April 2013 08:46.

*but will it be a hit?* When you think of a drive-thru the most likely thought to pop into your head is American fast food chains where you can...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Drive-thru banking to be launched in Britain by Metro Bank next month

WTF
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Had a natwest drive through bank here for the last 10yrs or so.....closed it though recently which is NO help at all meaning now a trek of a few miles for the next bank

Comment

UK Crime Stats - Thames Valley:

Slough Center

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	1393806
        UKCrimeStats.com - Slough Central

Off ALL Places for Crime, they want to build a Drive Thru in Slough Berkshire - They'll have to make them wide enough to fit their 4x4 thru then!
        334 Crimes - February 2013

SL1 1AN, Slough, United Kingdom (334 Crimes) - February 2013
        Last edited by 5corpio; 19 April 2013, 08:27.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Maybe its a quick deposit bank so they can spend more time on the crimes.

Banks supporting innotive new companies.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
            Off ALL Places for Crime, they want to build a Drive Thru in Slough Berkshire - They'll have to make them wide enough to fit their 4x4 thru then!
            334 Crimes - February 2013
            *Bonnie and Clyde Strike in Slough*. An unlikely headline until now

Comment

"Do you want PPI with that?"

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post

Personal Protection Insurance = A great big gun.

Maybe its a drive through for tanks. Just see the cashier. Instead of the small shopkeeper depositing ÂŁ3million 1p's just infront of you and you sadly watching all the other queues moving faster this one will have TV's, gold, china, candlesticks and just general loot being put over the counter.

Your statement would be interesting. Four flatscreens 6 gold rings a rolex bit of wedgwood and 500 mibile phones in credit sir.

Comment

A sign in the Bank Lobby reads:
                    'Please note that this Bank is installing new Drive-through teller machines enabling customers to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles. Customers using this new facility are requested to use the procedures outlined below when accessing their accounts.'

After months of careful observation, MALE and FEMALE procedures have been developed based on the majority of customers’ habits.

MALE PROCEDURE:

1. Drive up to the cash machine.
                    2. Put down your car window.
                    3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
                    4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
                    5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
                    6. Put window up.
                    7. Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE:

1. Drive up to cash machine.
                    2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.
                    3. Set parking brake, put the window down.
                    4. Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.
                    5. Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up.
                    6. Attempt to insert card into machine.
                    7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.
                    8. Insert card.
                    9. Re-insert card the right way.
                    10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.
                    11. Enter PIN.
                    12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
                    13. Enter amount of cash required.
                    14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.
                    15. Retrieve cash and receipt.
                    16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
                    17. Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of checkbook.
                    18. Re-check makeup.
                    19. Drive forward 2 feet.
                    20. Reverse back to cash machine.
                    21. Retrieve card.
                    22. Re-empty handbag, locate cardholder, and place card into the slot provided.
                    23. Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
                    24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.
                    25. Redial person on cell phone.
                    26. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
                    27. Release Parking Brake.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

cheeky!!!

Comment

Deepie, you'll get a slap
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                          A sign in the Bank Lobby reads:
                          'Please note that this Bank is installing new Drive-through teller machines enabling customers to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles. Customers using this new facility are requested to use the procedures outlined below when accessing their accounts.'

After months of careful observation, MALE and FEMALE procedures have been developed based on the majority of customers’ habits.

MALE PROCEDURE:

1. Drive up to the cash machine.
                          2. Put down your car window.
                          3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
                          4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
                          5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
                          6. Put window up.
                          7. Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE:

1. Drive up to cash machine.
                          2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.
                          3. Set parking brake, put the window down.
                          4. Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.
                          5. Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up.
                          6. Attempt to insert card into machine.
                          7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.
                          8. Insert card.
                          9. Re-insert card the right way.
                          10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.
                          11. Enter PIN.
                          12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
                          13. Enter amount of cash required.
                          14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.
                          15. Retrieve cash and receipt.
                          16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
                          17. Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of checkbook.
                          18. Re-check makeup.
                          19. Drive forward 2 feet.
                          20. Reverse back to cash machine.
                          21. Retrieve card.
                          22. Re-empty handbag, locate cardholder, and place card into the slot provided.
                          23. Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
                          24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.
                          25. Redial person on cell phone.
                          26. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
                          27. Release Parking Brake.
                          Brilliant
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Bit like being behind a woman at the supermarket checkout

Comment

In Canada we have had drive thru banks for years.. never really a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X