GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malaysia Airlines: Missing Flight MH370 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines: Missing Flight MH370

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia Airlines: Missing Flight MH370

Suspected fragments from the missing Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 239 people have been found off Vietnam.
    The Vietnamese navy said objects, one thought to be an aircraft door, were spotted by a rescue plane off the country's south coast.
    Security services are investigating whether the Boeing 777-200 was destroyed in a terror attack.

More----> http://news.sky.com/story/1222942/ma...ragments-found
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Malaysia Airlines: Suspected Fragments Found

Officials investigating the "unprecedented" disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 239 people say they still have no confirmed sightings of any debris.
    Malaysia's civil aviation chief said authorities remain "puzzled" about the disappearance of flight MH370, which went missing between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing.
    Earlier reports of objects, including an aircraft door, spotted floating in the sea have not been confirmed, while a possible sighting of a section of the plane's tail has been ruled out.

More------> http://news.sky.com/story/1223246/ma...-unprecedented
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Missing Malaysia Jet 'Tracked Miles Off Course'

The search area for the plane is extended as the identities of two men travelling on stolen passports are revealed.

More---> http://news.sky.com/story/1223813/mi...les-off-course

Comment

The craft will be found near the airport it took off from. I 'see' it was hit by a HUGE electrical wave... lightening? Man made? Error on board?

Not sure... but I can see a big {{{((((({{}{))))))}}}}}} type thing before lights out... pilot tried to get back to base but failed as he didn't know how high up the craft was.... so big badda boom occurred..

Comment

Malaysian authorities have been accused of holding back information about why a plane carrying 239 people vanished in Southeast Asia.

Aviation experts told Sky News pilot suicide is a possible explanation, although Malaysia Airlines chiefs say there is "no reason to believe" crew had anything to do with the Boeing 777-200's disappearance.

Five days on from its disappearance, there is still no sign of flight MH370, despite a massive search and hundreds of planes flying over the area.
          As the mystery deepened, Australian aviation consultant Neil Hansford accused the Malaysian government of not telling the full story of what happened.

He told Sky News: "I'm finding in any interviews I'm doing with Malaysians, there is a fair bit of spin, there's a fair bit of denial of the boarding procedures and the manifest checking with the stolen passport list, and inconsistencies all the time.

More ---> http://news.sky.com/story/1224575/mi...g-back-details

Comment

The "experts" can make all the surmising they want, but until when ( or if )they find the flight recorders everyone is just guessing at what happened on the flight....

Comment

My thoughts are that in that part of the world (so close to China) this aircraft would have been tracked by many military radars as well as civillian, maybe this was a huge immediate failure but dropping from the sky after such an event would lead to a huge debris field, there are many more questions than answers so far. Time will tell.

Comment

The US has sent surveillance teams to the Indian Ocean to help search for the missing Malaysian plane, after claims emerged that it may have flown for longer than investigators had thought.

Unnamed officials said the plane sent signals to satellites for up to five hours after its apparent disappearance.

However, investigators said the data were not conclusive and Malaysia refused to comment on the claims.

More---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26572172

Comment

The plot thickens....maybe the reason the US has dispatched the Feds to Malaysia is after talking to Rolls Royce
                  Questions to be answered did the RR tracking data show the aircraft continued flying for some time after the radar tracking transponder get turned off....did it divert and land somewhere ...did aliens beam it up to mars....so many possibilities, but no one wants to except that the obvious may have simply happened for whatever reason and it is sitting at the bottom of the ocean....

Anyway here is how RR track their engines on airliners as they fly around the world .....

Rolls Royce uses Engine Health Management (EHM) to track the health of thousands of engines operating worldwide, using onboard sensors and live satellite feeds....

Most modern large civil aircraft use an Aircraft Condition Monitoring System (ACMS) to acquire the data for EHM. This captures three types of reports:

The first are snapshots, where the sensor data listed above is captured and collected into a small report. This is carried out during take-off, during climb and once the aircraft is in cruise.

The second type is triggered by unusual engine conditions. Examples might be if an engine exceeded its TGT (Turbine Gas Temperature) limits during a take-off. These reports contain a short time-history of key parameters to enable rapid and effective trouble-shooting of the problem.

The final type is a summary, which is produced at the end of the flight. This captures information such as maximum conditions experienced during the flight, and power reductions selected during take-off and climb.
                  The Trent 900 is the first engine to be fitted with a dedicated Engine Monitoring Unit as well as the ACMS. ...

A critical aspect of the EHM system is the transfer of data from aircraft to ground. Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) digital data-link systems are used as the primary method of communication. This transmits the Aircraft Condition Monitoring System (ACMS ) reports via a VHF radio or satellite link whilst the aircraft is in-flight.

A worldwide ground network then transfers this data to the intended destination. The positive aspect of this system is its robust nature and ability to distribute information worldwide. On the other hand, the Airplane Condition Monitoring Function (ACMF) reports are limited to 3kB, hence the acquisition systems need to work within this limitation. Future systems are being deployed to increase data volumes through wireless data transmission as the aircraft approaches the gate after landing. This will enable more data to be analysed, but will not be as immediate as ACARS, where data can be assessed well before the aircraft lands again.

Comment

Interestingly planes disappearing isn't all that unique .....

http://www.bloomberg.com/infographic...ince-1948.html

Comment

I've been reading this - very interesting --> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26563806
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The communications systems of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 were deliberately disabled, Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak has said.

According to satellite and radar evidence, he said, the plane then changed course and could have continued flying for a further seven hours.

He said the "movements are consistent with the deliberate action of someone on the plane".

More---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26591056

Comment

Another school of thought.

http://mm4me.biz/

Comment

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mis...anished-n51061

Like the American's don't know what's going on..........

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

Like the American's don't know what's going on..........
                              When do they ever....

Comment

Working...
                              X