GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco Double-up - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco Double-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco Double-up

Tesco are issuing club card vouchers this week but don't spend them as from Monday they'll be doubling up again for Xmas so £10 points get you £20 in many store departments.

We've saved all ours and have a few quid to double up
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Tesco Double-up

Yay! Excellent news! I do my big weekly grocery shop at Tesco so I'll have a few to come. I've got quite a few expensive things in the past totally free when they double up. Shame it wasn't on when I bought my Fitbit bracelet recently, but I did get a 30% discount off sports goods.

Ever so slightly off topic, I've just opened a Tesco current account so hopefully that will bring more rewards. It's also got a better interest rate on balances than most savings accounts, at 3% AER up to £3K.

I had to find a new account in a hurry as although I've been with Citibank since 2008, always been in credit, no charges ever, they recently wrote and said that they're closing my account as they're concentrating on customers with international needs. "If there's any money left in the account on 15th December we'll send you a cheque". Gee thanks, changing banks in the middle of Christmas present buying season is such fun.
    Even worse, when I requested Tesco Bank to automatically transfer all my incoming and outgoing payments under the 7 day guarantee, they couldn't because Citibank don't participate in the transfer scheme. Just hope I can get it all done myself in time.

Bad Citibank!

Comment

or £5 Tesco voucher will get you £20 at many restaurants

and if you fill your car up at Esso you get points there too .....
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
        Ever so slightly off topic, I've just opened a Tesco current account so hopefully that will bring more rewards. It's also got a better interest rate on balances than most savings accounts, at 3% AER up to £3K.

I had to find a new account in a hurry as although I've been with Citibank since 2008, always been in credit, no charges ever, they recently wrote and said that they're closing my account as they're concentrating on customers with international needs. "If there's any money left in the account on 15th December we'll send you a cheque". Gee thanks, changing banks in the middle of Christmas present buying season is such fun.
        Even worse, when I requested Tesco Bank to automatically transfer all my incoming and outgoing payments under the 7 day guarantee, they couldn't because Citibank don't participate in the transfer scheme. Just hope I can get it all done myself in time.

Bad Citibank!
        TSB and Santander are the best bank accounts - if you got a Tesco you'd fly through either of those. TSB pays 5%

Tesco has a lot of downtime, not a bank I'll jump into unless desperate but I'm sure you'll like it. Their scoring is akin to M&S so you could get an M&S account with free £500 overdraft lol

Anyway, I'm not Martin Lewis so I'll leave it there
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just wondering, will an outstanding LloydsTSB credit card from TSB Trustcard cause issues with TSB now it is owned by Banco de Sabadell? The TSB was set up without debt, but is there any 'memory' or is it now a 'new' bank? Hungry for customers?

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
            Just wondering, will an outstanding LloydsTSB credit card from TSB Trustcard cause issues with TSB now it is owned by Banco de Sabadell? The TSB was set up without debt, but is there any 'memory' or is it now a 'new' bank? Hungry for customers?
            They shared all historic data until the de-merger. So it's risky as internal records will include elements of the old LTSB / LBG accounts until they split and subsequently went alone with the Spanish owners.

Ive got a CPD on mine. Won't let me upgrade (don't want to as got full account but that's how to test CPD markers) and I have 3 defaults with HBOS (2 years old now) so there's your answer

Comment

I'll see how I go with Tesco for now, I have history with quite a few banks so my choices were limited, although everything's SB and dropped off my credit file now except my Halifax OD which has 2 years to go.
              My other possible options were Nationwide as my mortgage is there (no payment problems) or Coventry where I have ISA's. I already had a Tesco Savings account and didn't ask for an OD so thought I'd get away without a credit check.
              Quite like the idea of all the card points for everything I spend at Tesco and elsewhere, it should add up

Comment

Don't forget if you have EON for your power that you may have points that can exchanged for tesco club card points.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Mine have just arrived this morning .......

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    Don't forget if you have EON for your power that you may have points that can exchanged for tesco club card points.

We have but we don't understand how to use them .

Comment

In Tescos yesterday a customer trying to do the deal of double your points, only to be told here is a list of items covered by the deal (a chart by department), the customer not amused as the item in question was from one of the main departments and not covered?

So deal must be very Restrictive? looked at my leaflet at home and do not see pages of if!s/Buts?

Comment

Working...
                      X