GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

Ah OK

Comment

Sent Freds telephone harrasment letter in response to their, " we need to speak to you on the phone regarding recent communication" and also included yet another reminder that its their obligation to pass on my CCA Request not for me to chase the OC.

They have responded again today, with yet another template letter, same as the others, telling me to speak to the OC directly. They have given another 14 days and placed the account on hold.

So i think thats now about 38 days on hold since i started arguing this. Im not in any real rush to get the Enforceable documents back from Mint, and if Freds wish to keep placing the account on hold, thats fine by me!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes SX, they need to deal with it

Comment

Received letter from Robson Way yesterday, re Lloyds. They took their time with the hello letter!

Anyway, they dont threaten anything, just ask to set up some payment schedule, if i fail to contact them, they advise, that my credit report will be hurt, and i may find it hard to obtain credit.

Wondering whether to just wait for their next letter or send SWID now.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I would wait for next one,as they don't threaten anything at the mo

Comment

Little update, DLC RE MBNA have written.

This one is being paid just so you guys know.

The letter basically wants my mother to telephone to review her payment proposals, for which I will write back and state the situation has not changed and will continue to pay as previously agreed.

However there is a part of the letter which actually made me laugh

"It is important that you respond to the letter today, as failure to do so may result in the opportunity to pay by monthly instalments being withdrawn"

Wow, they are saying if I don't contact them, they wont accept payment? id love to see a judges reaction to that one.

The letter is dated 31st December, which I find quite laughable as a) it arrived yesterday, and b) who works New years eve? I doubt many DCA's do.

Comment

wonder who writes these spurious mailshots, someone with very little imagination and a meglamaniac complex

I wouldn't even waste the stamp, just keep paying if that's they way your mum is doing it.

Comment

Or reply with, thank you for allowing me to no longer repay this debt, and i accept your proposal to write off the balance haha

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post

The letter basically wants my mother to telephone to review her payment proposals, for which I will write back and state the situation has not changed and will continue to pay as previously agreed.

"It is important that you respond to the letter today, as failure to do so may result in the opportunity to pay by monthly instalments being withdrawn"

Wow, they are saying if I don't contact them, they wont accept payment? id love to see a judges reaction to that one.

The letter is dated 31st December, which I find quite laughable as a) it arrived yesterday, and b) who works New years eve? I doubt many DCA's do.
                    You gotta laugh I got one dated the 25th from Morecrap!!
                    FFS have visions of rows of Bob Cratchits at their terminals high fiveing every time they get a caller to cry being overseen by Mr.Scrooge!!!

Comment

another letter from Robson way today re Lloyds.

Have tried to contact you with no resolution, if you have previously had a payment offer which you cannot maintain . We have ways to help people with difficulty in paying, etc etc etc.

No threats. Ignored first letter, wondering whether to ignore this one also?

Comment

i often ignore robbers way, makes me feel good

Comment

So following on, basically I sent them a letter explaining that previously they agreed that all communication would be made in writing and therefore I would not be ringing their "negociators", mothers circumstances have not changed, and will continue to pay the agreed amount each month.

Got a letter back today. "payment plan confirmation". Same amount each month, until 30th June 2037, and then a final balance payable of £28.88 LOL

So, if I ever get another letter regarding a review from them again, I shall shove a copy of this under their nose, as no where does it say its subject to review

Comment

So, if I ever get another letter regarding a review from them again, I shall shove a copy of this under their nose, as no where does it say its subject to review
                            I had an effective way of dealing with "reviews" when I was doing my DMP. I would respond thanking them for the opportunity to review the account as my circumstances had changed detrimentally and my surplus income had decreased which would mean it would be beneficial to reduce my monthly payments but I would endevour to pay the initially agreed amount until such time this was unsustainable.

That usually shut them and make them scurry back under the rocks they crawled from
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Update

M & S have sold the account to Arrow Global

Will send SWID tomorrow, to start the ball rolling. This is Enforceable, so will deal with this one carefully. They want me to contact Westcot for payment proposals.

Comment

I would wait until they contact you, spin it out a bit more, after all there's many a slip......................................as well as not knowing what they are doing, the buggers are just plain careless a lot of the time..................................

Comment

Working...
                                X