GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

LOL Nightwatch I think they do that with my CPR Call blocker as well!

Well I guess that kinda answers my question then really!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Little update, received letter today directly from M&S i feel honoured!

(perhaps the DCA has handed it back as they have gone quiet)

M&S are inviting me to make a 1 off payment to clear the debt, they dont say how much though.

Letter also says its important i contact them and they are here to help.

Thats the jist of it, havent been round to mums today (waiting for a delivery, 8 til 8 timeslot, bloody cheeky gits) So ill give it a proper read tomorrow and unless its anything different i shall file and ignore.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You mean you're not going to phone them and take them up on their kind offer?
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I thought about it, but no, if they had offered me a new rubber ducky for the bath, then of course i would have been running to the nearest phone, but since they didnt, they can...quack off

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            I thought about it, but no, if they had offered me a new rubber ducky for the bath, then of course i would have been running to the nearest phone, but since they didnt, they can...quack off

You Are Quackers

Comment

I did manage to get round mums today and had a look at the letter.

It wasnt from M&S it was BCW re M&S so they havent handed it back.

However the content was still the same, so will file and ignore for now.

Comment

I did manage to get round mums today and had a look at the letter.

It wasnt from M&S it was BCW re M&S so they havent handed it back.

However the content was still the same, so will file and ignore for now.
                Hi SX, probably best to see what they send next.

Comment

I'd write back and say THANKYOU SO MUCH...SO PLEASED TO HAVE THIS WRITTEN OFF NOW. NO NEED TO COMMUNICATE AGAIN.. GOODBYE.

But then I'm a beggar for irony..

Comment

Maybe thats what we should all start doing, sending letters thanking them for their last phantom letter which stated they would write off the debt lol

Wonder if they have a template for that!

Comment

Little update BCW re M&S have sent a letter, just a general "ways in which we can help" letter.

Goes on about ways to pay, and the best bit i like was

"Stop us constantly calling you" - "When we have an agreed repayment, we wont bug you by telephone"

I found that paragraph quite interesting.

Filed for now.

Comment

Little update BCW re M&S have sent a letter, just a general "ways in which we can help" letter.

"Stop us constantly calling you" - "When we have an agreed repayment, we wont bug you by telephone"

Filed for now.
                        That sounds like it's been written by someone in short trousers....

BCW are bottom-feeders and not normally anything to worry about.
                        Remember the mantra:
                        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Filed for now.
                          mine said 'if I agree a repayment plan they promise to stop calling' then further down it said they wouldn't call for 6 months once the plan was in place.

so I chose my own plan 'ignore' and let them call my truecall every day except sundays, building up quite a list of dates and times of calls.

Comment

LOL i think i may go for your plan too nightwatch, sounds like a better one to me!

Comment

no update as such, just nothing else heard from anyone for a while.

Someone keeps ringing with a withheld number and asking for the wrong last name all the time, but thats about it.

Comment

Hey guys, little update, so the phone calls turned out to be BCW, which ive now blocked.

Received letter today from Link financial in respect of IDR Finance.

Just says please call us without delay, would like to discuss options, ignoring wont make the debt go away, may have to review info held by CRA blah blah.

Nothing threatening.

Both Link and IDR Finance have ignored every single dispute letter ive sent them in the past, so I fear replying to this one isn't gonna do anything.

my last letter to IDR was creditor refusal to accept UE status I believe, as they have yet to supply any T's and C's from my CCA Request which they ignored and didn't hear from them again until now with this letter.

Last letter received from them was 25th April so quite a few months! below is the last communication I had from them before this letter today. Im thinking ill just ignore and file away, if anyone else thinks I should send something, please let me know!

Hey guys update time again.

This one is a real puzzle.

IDR Finance (Link) on behalf of Barclaycard.

About 2 weeks ago i received a default notice, asking for an arrears of £10.

This is clearly wrong as a) BC issued a DN begining of last year, and subsequently terminated the agreement, which is when they passed it to IDR.

Ive today received a letter from IDR again, saying i failed to act on the DN and if £10 isnt paid within 10 days, they will terminate the agreement (no threats of court etc)

Now, im unsure what to do with this one. They have clearly made a mistake by issuing a DN and treating the account as though it was originally theres, when i know full well it wasnt (plus their ref is BC's account number)

Could this be their attempt to correct some mistake in the past and issue legal proceedings, or perhaps they just dont know what they are doing?

Either way, it all adds to a defence should they ligitate.

This is the first DCA ive come across whos issued a DN AFTER being sold the debt from an OC, so bit puzzling.

How can you issue a DN and threat of termination for an account already defaulted, terminated and sold on? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X