GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

Thanks Paul. But what would be my reply?

Their DN fail short by 1 day, but sadly my mother chucked the envelope away before i could keep it. I did staple a peice of paper to it and noted the date it arrived.

the DN apart from falling short by 1 day looks fine in every other aspect.

The question i have is how can they issue a DN and terminate an agreement thats already been terminated, hense why it was passed to IDR in the first place?

Further to that, this account has been unpaid for over a year, yet the arrears is £10? its a 6k balance so £10 arrears after 12 months is hardly correct.
    Last edited by SXGuy; 25 April 2013, 18:40.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Thanks Paul. But what would be my reply?

Their DN fail short by 1 day, but sadly my mother chucked the envelope away before i could keep it. I did staple a peice of paper to it and noted the date it arrived.

the DN apart from falling short by 1 day looks fine in every other aspect.

The question i have is how can they issue a DN and terminate an agreement thats already been terminated, hense why it was passed to IDR in the first place?

Further to that, this account has been unpaid for over a year, yet the arrears is £10? its a 6k balance so £10 arrears after 12 months is hardly correct.
      Just ignore it for now

Comment

Another letter from BCW re M&S similar to their first, asking for a £1 PO addressed to M&S for a CCA Request.

They state they will send a final response in 4 weeks.

Final to what?! lol

Will ignore for now until someone who can read, reads my last letter. Failing that i may send a reply in about 3 weeks and 6 days.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

update time.

DLC re MBNA, sent yet another "we have some new info regarding this account please telephone us" filed and ignored.

Westcot re Mint, have complied with the CCA request, enclosed letter from mint talking about requirements under CCA and cancelation notices statue not needed a sig etc.
          Have given 2 weeks before normal collection resumes.

This ones EN, been blagging for a while, will wait 10 days and send off creditor refusal to accept UE status.

Comment

Hey guys, just fancy some advice from anyone whos dealt with Westcot before.

This week, is the time when i was originally going to send creditor refusal to accept UE to Westcot, after they sent me a copy of a letter directly from Mint explaining why the account is enforceable.

Now the account is indeed enforceable, and i have been blagging it for quite some time now, through various DCA's but this is the first where they have asked for a direct response from Mint.

My question is, should i bother to send the letter now, or wait for Westcot to write again? they say normal collection will continue within 14 days, so i will get a letter from them at some point, but wondered if its best to hold off until i hear from them again?

Its been known for DCA's to just got silent for a while after such responses in the past, so dont want to wake them up.

Their last letter before the one last week was around March so they do take their time it seems.

Comment

I've not dealt with them myself, although I've seen plenty of others who have. If it was me, I'd wait for the next one. There is no precedent that I know of where Wasteclot have issued papers when saying that "normal collection activity will resume in 14 days".

SH

Comment

I'd wait till they wrote them update us again.

Put that letter on hold for now. Send nothing
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers guys!

Comment

This week, is the time when i was originally going to send creditor refusal to accept UE to Westcot, after they sent me a copy of a letter directly from Mint explaining why the account is enforceable.

Now the account is indeed enforceable, and i have been blagging it for quite some time now, through various DCA's but this is the first where they have asked for a direct response from Mint.

My question is, should i bother to send the letter now, or wait for Westcot to write again? they say normal collection will continue within 14 days, so i will get a letter from them at some point, but wondered if its best to hold off until i hear from them again?

Its been known for DCA's to just got silent for a while after such responses in the past, so dont want to wake them up.

Their last letter before the one last week was around March so they do take their time it seems.
                    I dealt with them some while ago. Didn't seem to be too much trouble then

Comment

Hi SXGuy

I've had several accounts go to Wescot. Each time I have challenged them they have referred the account back to the OC.

Seems they are bottom of the food chain and just like an easy life using template letters and bullying on the phone into scaring people to make a payment.

I suspect if you've not heard from them for a while chances are they have referred back to the OC and the next thing you'll be getting a letter from another DCA......
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Same as saltnvinegar & vint1954, when I've dealt with them in the past and challenged them they drop off the radar/return to OC.

Comment

Thanks guys, i shall await their next letter and hit them with a reply.

Comment

Received a letter from BCW Re M & S

No threats, just headed Final Response.

Cut a long letter short, they refer to my previous letters, and state that M&S would have told them of any disputes with the account and was handed over to them for collection in good faith.

They say, they asked in their last letter to send a CCA Request and £1 yet this has not been done, They see no reason for a dispute and as such refute my last letter.

Enclosed is a FOS leaflet and they state i should contact FOS within 6 months if i feel i have a valid dispute.

Now my last letter to them was account sold in dispute, so obviously someone cant read at BCW or they would know i raised a dispute with them regarding the CCA.

I ignored their last letter asking for £1 because i felt that if they cant read im not wasting any more money.

This account is enforcable, been blagging it with a few DCA's over the last 18 months.

So question is, shall i ignore this and wait for the next threat, or shall i send back creditor refusal to accept UE?

Comment

poor BCW, I also have a M&S account with them that is enforceable, have not replied to any of their letters and they kindly keep checking that my Trucall machine is working once a week

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                                they kindly keep checking that my Trucall machine is working once a week
                                ah trucall - the ultimate in home phone call defence
                                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X