GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    The cover to the terms says here is your copy of the terms and conditions, so they are not the prescribed terms that came with the signed agreement. The cover letter also has a printed name and address, the address is not, nor has ever been my mothers address. So perhaps its clearly someone elses terms.
    Certainly possible.
    A few members have had accounts closed as a result of receiving documents with information belonging to others. Result!

Cheers
    SA
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

update, Freds re Mint have sent a letter via there scumbags Bryan Carter solicitors, standard may be instructed to commence legal action, no date to give a repayment proposal for.

Will send threat by creditor to commence litigation on Monday. This is an EN debt, but have dealt with these before and chances are, its gonna be passed to another DCA very soon.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update, looks like Bryan Carter must have stretched over to the desk next to him and handed my letter over to Fredricksons, because ive had a reply dated the same day it was delivered.

They note my concerns, they raised my concerns with Mint, who sent a letter in March, they enclosed again another copy of the letter. And they say they are still instructed by mint to continue with collection activity.

So not getting rid of these as easy as i have in the past, not quite sure what letter to send them now.

Comment

I'm confused...in post #482 you say this is a EN debt but on the first page your Mint CC is UE

I'd be sending http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...e-cca-received
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Pixie, your right, looks like the first page info is wrong, prob to busy writing UE on most debts i added it to that one by mistake. This one is EN, been blagging since june 12.

I think the letter you suggest is the best course of action either way.

Comment

Received a reply from Fredricksons re my last letter (They are really quick at the moment)

They have basically just said the same stuff again, no valid dispute etc.

They have put the account on hold till 19th November when collection activity will resume, so need to think what to do about this one, it is EN, but after speaking to my mother, she doesnt really want to agree a repayment until January when she has some spare cash.

So i may have got as far as i can with this one, 18 months of no payment blagging UE isnt bad i suppose, just need to know how i can hold them off for a few months longer till shes in a position to agree a repayment.

Unless of course anyone thinks she should carry on blagging?

Comment

Received a reply from Fredricksons re my last letter (They are really quick at the moment)

They have basically just said the same stuff again, no valid dispute etc.

They have put the account on hold till 19th November when collection activity will resume, so need to think what to do about this one, it is EN, but after speaking to my mother, she doesnt really want to agree a repayment until January when she has some spare cash.

So i may have got as far as i can with this one, 18 months of no payment blagging UE isnt bad i suppose, just need to know how i can hold them off for a few months longer till shes in a position to agree a repayment.

Unless of course anyone thinks she should carry on blagging?
                I've been blagging an EN account for 5 years now.......

If it were me I'd see what they do next...no threats I take it...?

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                  Music to my ears Deepie. Hope for all of us with enforceable ones then
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

If it were me I'd see what they do next...no threats I take it...?
                    Our friend Bryan Carter sent the standard may be instructed to issue legal proceedings, so a LBA has been sent in theory, although it does fail on Preaction Protocols but i havent pointed that out. I sent the threat by creditor to commence legal action, and Freds responding the day it arrived saying please direct all communication directly to us.

Comment

Hey guys, just want some advice on what to do re Freds/Mint.

Freds have given me until 19th November to offer them a repayment proposal. This one is EN as mentioned before. Already had a LBA from Bryan Carter. They insist its EN and keep sending copies of the letter sent by Mint in March. I have sent pretty much every template going with this one, and its looking like i now have no option but to offer a repayment to avoid legal action.

However, idealy id like to wait until January before i start making any payments under £30 per month. This debt is over £10k.

My question is, do you think i can string it out abit longer by offering really silly F & F settlements, until im in a position to offer something they would accept?

Or perhaps you may have another opinion on what i could do?

Comment

Have you sent both Threat-o-Gram: Letter Before Action and Threat to Commence Litigation ?

How much do you think you could afford to offer (eventually) as F&F?

Comment

Sorry you misunderstood, i dont have any intention for the moment to offer a realistic F & F i just want to delay agreeing a repayment till Jan at best.

May be in a position next year to offer a F & F but im helping my mother to clear a secured loan next year instead, she will save almost double in interest clearing that first.

I sent Bryan Carter threat to commence litigation, but i havent sent letter before action. Although i cant see it changing much.

Comment

Sometimes it's good to just try and confuse them.

If you want to agree a repayment in January then it could be a good idea to go with your plan, though I'd be surprised if they accept payments under £30 a month for a £10k debt.

Comment

DLC accepted £30 per month on just under 9k so its worth a try!

Comment

Sorry you misunderstood, i dont have any intention for the moment to offer a realistic F & F i just want to delay agreeing a repayment till Jan at best..
                                ok so start afresh, send a new cca to the dca. Then let's take another looksie
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X