GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

Probably is SXGuy as Greens are Triton's pet solicitors and usually easily seen off.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It probably is SXGuy as Greens are Triton's pet solicitors and usually easily seen off.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hey guys, 2 updates.

first is Capital One, they have sold the debt to Lowells, and they also enclosed Lowells letter saying they have bought the debt, so will send account sold in dispute.

second update is DLC, alpins stocken forwarded my CPR letter to them after i received their letter of claim. Their letter is quite long and to be honest, a lot of bollox.

Just to recap, i received a letter of claim from Alpins on behalf of DLC, and i informed them that the CCA i received was not a true copy as the prescribed terms make reference to sections ommited from the recon terms and conditions.

i asked for a true copy of the terms and condtions, the default notice they intend to rely on, as well as statemens of payments made during the default period.

I also added a bit about CPR Protocol practise direction, so they clearly understand this is a pre action letter which they must respond to.

This is their reply.

"We have previously addressed your concerns regarding the agreement and have enclosed a copy of our letter dated 7th november 2012.

To clarify the documents enclosed within our letter dated 24th october is sufficiant to comply with the requirements under the CCA 1974"

Ok so that may be true, but they are threatening court action, and a incomplete recon terms are not sufficiant to obtain judgement, so while they maintain they complied with the request, they have failed to understand that as they sent me a letter before action, i requested a true copy, otherwise without it, how can i base a defence?

"you have requested statements in relation to the above account however the requirement under cca1974 does not extend to provide monthly statements copies previously sent by OC"

Again, they are threatening to issue proceedings, so i have a right to request them do i not? I added in my letter that i believe MBNA added unfair charges, so again i cant make a valid defence without it

"We have made a request to the original lender for a copy of your default notice"

Some other bollox about default notice not being a registered notice on CRA's i know this already.

So, im confused now, was the threat of court, just a threat given their response to my request? or are they just plainly stupid?

Yes a recon can be sent to satisfy CCA Request, but in court they would have to answer why the recon ommits terms refered to in the agreement, as clearly they are not a true copy of the original. They have ignored this fact and just mention they complied with the request, so its left me wondering whether they know they cant get a CCJ and dont want to admit it, and have now backed down?
        Last edited by SXGuy; 10 January 2013, 12:01.

Comment

I'd send a one liner asking them to address the points they've ignored.................

Comment

little update, Green & Co re Mint

Have closed their file and returned back to OC.

Was what i was expecting tbh as everyone elses have gone this way also.

So i shall wait for the next DCA numpty to jump on it and take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              little update, Green & Co re Mint

Have closed their file and returned back to OC.

Was what i was expecting tbh as everyone elses have gone this way also.

So i shall wait for the next DCA numpty to jump on it and take it from there.
              Yes, they are a predictable shower, aren't they?

Excellent result SXGuy, and your knowledge of how the so-called “industry” works has obviously served you well.

Now, who next?

SH

Comment

Just a little update, Lowells re Cap one.

Are asking the OC for info regarding dispute and will contact in due course.

usuall drivel.

Will update when i get their next bit of bog roll.

Comment

ok, so Lowells pretty much sent a letter the next day lol

Treated my account sold in dispute as a CCA Request, so will be sending the agreement in due course.

This ones enforceable, been blagging a while now, so looks like ill be sending missing prescribed terms once i get another copy lol

Comment

update

Rockwell re M&S have took 4 months but have sent agreement, terms and conditions from account inception and statement of account (no current terms)

Same stuff as M&S sent nearly a year ago, so wont need to show Niddy.

Their cover letter states some stuff regarding section 60 and 61, namely not needing a credit limit as its not a loan.

They say that although the agreement omits the creditors signature it may be because its a copy and was scanned prior to a signature being added, hmm.

They want a payment proposal including an I & E within 14 days, so ill wait a week and send off missing prescribed terms, see what happens.

Comment

oh and i forgot to say, they also said, that as i had used the credit card they consider it acknowledgement of debt LOL

I forget which court ruling it was but i remember that one being rejected as an argument?
                      Last edited by SXGuy; 25 January 2013, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        update

Rockwell re M&S have took 4 months but have sent agreement, terms and conditions from account inception and statement of account (no current terms)

Same stuff as M&S sent nearly a year ago, so wont need to show Niddy.

Their cover letter states some stuff regarding section 60 and 61, namely not needing a credit limit as its not a loan.

They say that although the agreement omits the creditors signature it may be because its a copy and was scanned prior to a signature being added, hmm.

They want a payment proposal including an I & E within 14 days, so ill wait a week and send off missing prescribed terms, see what happens.

Comment

Paul i couldnt have put it better myself LOL

Comment

'Hang in there' must be the message, eh Paul

Comment

update, Seems Apex are now on the case re Lloyds TSB, no NOA from them at all.

First letter received from them, offering a substantial discount and to telephone within 10 days, well unless the discount is £0 over 0 months im not interested so will ignore and file away.

second is Mint. Seems triton have wiped their hands of it, and its been passed to Wescot. Again no NOA from westcot yet, just mint informing me of the change so will ignore and file away and wait for them to contact me.

Comment

When they write again, send the sold in dispute letter to both

Comment

Working...
                                X