GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

Agree it's definitely worth a try...you never know.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      ok so start afresh, send a new cca to the dca. Then let's take another looksie
      OK will do!, got a feeling they will just batter on about already sending one, but as you say, you can send one every month if you wish, so let them be in default lol
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        OK will do!, got a feeling they will just batter on about already sending one, but as you say, you can send one every month if you wish, so let them be in default lol
        If they do mate, they're in default and cannot enforce. They must properly comply with your s.78 request - whether they like it or not.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Had a reply to my post quoted below

Link basically say, they refer me to the letter sent by Barclaycard "I enclose a reconstituted copy of your credit agreement together with a copy of the terms of your credit agreement as varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act. This is a statement of variations to the terms made since you entered into this agreement"

They refer me to OFT guidance on sections 77/78/79 of the CCA 1974 part 2.20 and 2.21.

And they say therefore they do not uphold my view that the account is unenforceable and await payment proposals.

Will as stated before, the terms they sent, recon or otherwise, displays someone elses address at the top, so there not my terms, there someone elses, regardless of whether they fit with the time the application was made.

Section 2.20 and 2.21 state that a recon must be a true copy of the agreement and must contain the name and address at the time of execution and must be included (as stated by Carey)

Well this doesn't, so now to my next step, a well worded niddy special or ignore and wait to see what they send next?

Update again, funny, goes quiet for months, then get communication all at once.

Link/IDR re Barclaycard, have sent some terms and conditions.

Previously they sent the signed application form and no terms, i sent them back at the begining of the year, creditor refusal to accept UE (i think will double check)

The cover letter says its a reconstitued copy of the agreement, the interest rates and charges are different than what they would be now (doesnt state they are accurate to account opening though)

Will scan and send to Niddy tomorrow but i smell a rat here, the terms are dated 2011, or not dated at all. The cover to the terms says here is your copy of the terms and conditions, so they are not the prescribed terms that came with the signed agreement. The cover letter also has a printed name and address, the address is not, nor has ever been my mothers address. So perhaps its clearly someone elses terms.

The terms which would have been one 1 peice of paper have been split over several peices.

No application sent with these terms so section 78 request has been sent in parts (i.e application june 2012, and terms now)

Comment

They always argue that they've complied even when they haven't. I would sendhttp://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/index.php/template-letters/unenforceability/s4-final-response/141-final-response-ue-cca-received
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Ok so had a reply back from Freds, usual bullshit, have returned the £1 postal order and asked i make a direct request to the creditor for a copy of the CCA. And have kindly asked that i return with payment proposals.

Well ill take their payment proposal on monday, and raise it with a DCA refusal to accept CCA Request letter.

Comment

So another reply from Freds today, again stating i need to request a CCA directly with Mint. Gave me their address to write to, how kind of them.

They have placed the account on hold for 14 days so i may process the request.

Well i will wait about 13 days, and send them a nice little one liner refering them to the points raised in my last letter, Final Response CCA Request.

Comment

good plan

Comment

According to my mum Link re Barclaycard have sent the alledged application again, not sure if they have sent them T's and C's as im at home until Monday, but will have a look and send over to Niddy then.

Comment

So another reply from Freds today, again stating i need to request a CCA directly with Mint. Gave me their address to write to, how kind of them.

They have placed the account on hold for 14 days so i may process the request.

Well i will wait about 13 days, and send them a nice little one liner refering them to the points raised in my last letter, Final Response CCA Request.
                      It's probably worth just sending the request to Mint. I know it shouldn't work like this, but it stops Freds from trying to p*ss you about and string out the problem before involving Bryan Carter. I did this with two of mine; one was Freds and the other was Alliance & Leicester (now Santander). Both were UE... How sad....
                      Remember the mantra:
                      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

yeah I get what your saying, but its actually EN, Mint have already complied, im just trying to string freds out a bit longer, till Jan when I will decide what to do next. Bryan carter have already sent a letter to which I sorted a while back, its just Freds at the moment.

Comment

Update, Lloyds have passed the account to robson way, so will send out SWID when i get a hello from them.

Still need to remind Freds that they have to comply with my CCA Request, and Will need to send a letter to Link regarding what they supplied last week.

Been so busy last few weeks just havent had time to get on to it, but will try and make time Tuesday.

Comment

Well i received a letter from Robson Way today, and they kindly have given me 10 days, and they will contact me again to discuss the account. However i can always telephone them in the meantime........will wait for next letter.

Fredricksons have written again, they confirm receipt of recent letters, and must discuss the matter by telephone!, they have given me a further 7 days to contact them, how nice.

Well just as i was running out of letters, they have allowed me to respond with telephone harrassment, thank you Freds.

Comment

Yep and when RW contact you again, refer them to your last letter to Freds. Cant have 2 chasing you at once.

Comment

Two seperate accounts Vint, Robson Way is Lloyds and Freds is Barclaycard.

Comment

Working...
                                X