GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

That's weird SX. Just wait to see what niddy makes of it.

Comment

Had an annual statement from Lloyds yesterday.

Apprently they added £1 credit to the account on 5th April 12.

I need to check whether this was the last token payment made or whether they have allocated the CCA Request fee to the balance, if its the latter then this needs sorting as they have reduced the SB clock.

EDIT ok the CCA request was made 2nd April 12, so looks like they have allocated the payment to the balance.

What can i say to get them to take it off?
      Last edited by SXGuy; 21 March 2013, 07:41.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wouldn't say anything till after it's Statute Barred (or unless they initiate a claim). No point stirring them up. Just keep your records safe..proof of posting, PO receipt etc.

Comment

Thanks Elsa, good point, will do.

To be honest, its just reset the clock by about a month at max from when we stopped paying to sending the CCA request.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            Had an annual statement from Lloyds yesterday.

Apprently they added £1 credit to the account on 5th April 12.

I need to check whether this was the last token payment made or whether they have allocated the CCA Request fee to the balance, if its the latter then this needs sorting as they have reduced the SB clock.

EDIT ok the CCA request was made 2nd April 12, so looks like they have allocated the payment to the balance.

What can i say to get them to take it off?
            Nothing needs to be done mate, after it's SB then we can look at that for you, but part of the s.78 request clearly states "not to be used for anything else..." so you'll be fine, it will NOT reset SB as you did not pay that into the account, nor is a CCA Request classed as 'acknowledgement'
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              Mother received a letter yesterday from IDR Finance re barclaycard, i say letter, seems to be a very cocked up default notice.

Ill email Niddy with it tomorrow for his thoughts but ill list a few things here now.

1) default notice states its from IDR Finance

As far as i know, barclaycard still own the debt, IDR were just assigned collection rights.

2) the default notice is dated 23/04/12

Its apprently taken a over a year to be delivered, real snail mail by the looks of it.

3)IDR were not dealing with this in April 12, didnt come on the scence till well later in the year.

4) Remedy date is 23/03/13
              Technically, from date it was served is 14 days, but date of default letter suggests over a year

5)Arrears to be paid by the 23/03/13.....£9
              Cant see how an account which hasnt been paid for around a year can only have arrears of £9.

Make of this what you will.
              Obviously as you're not paying, don't worry about that too much - but keep it safe. That's a muck-up which should help if they ever try and enforce....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, always apreciate your advice, as do i with others x

Comment

Another little update, Westcot have again placed account on hold while they contact the OC.

nothing major to report.

Comment

Wescot = 2 times account on hold for 30 days both within 10 days of each other, followed by a letter from Nelson Guest & Partners = pay up within 10 days or thunder/lightning heavy wind will come down on you- please respond to Wescot. another letter for hire @ 75p no doubt? might be the same occurrence will happen here?

Comment

May well be, we will see what happens!

Comment

Update

Received notice of arrears from DLC re MBNA, filed away.

Mint have wrote to me directly, bypassing DCA.

They say, "they are not going to get into repetitive argument over enforceability of the agreement. They quote s180 of the The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations regulations and state that they do not need to provide a true copy to satisfy section 78.

They have however, provided T's and C's from then and now, as well as the prescribed terms.

Your creditcard would have been sent to you once you signed your agreement."

This one is enforceable but been blagged for a year now, so will file away for now.

If i was to read in to their letter, they dont actually state the PT's would have been issues prior to receiving the credit card, merely they provided them during the request. Anyway, filed away for now.
                        Last edited by SXGuy; 28 March 2013, 17:07.

Comment

Quite right; to be an executed agreement you must see & agree to the terms & sign the agreement saying you agree to the terms you've just seen.

In essence if they sent terms AFTER issuing the card (or at same time) then it's unexecuted

Comment

Little updates.

Received yet another statement from natwest who confirmed UE lol still havent terminated agreement.

DLC have sent a "we have some new information please contact us letter" had loads over the last year, they know i will not speak on phone, so this one gets filed and ignored.

Comment

Whats the new information?

North Korea is barking? Barclays admit they were scoundrels? They know where Atlantis is? There really was a double decker bus on the moon as per the sport?

Arent you even slightly curious?

Nope obviously not. What has become of the inquisitive human mind these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                                Whats the new information?

North Korea is barking? Barclays admit they were scoundrels? They know where Atlantis is? There really was a double decker bus on the moon as per the sport?

Arent you even slightly curious?

Nope obviously not. What has become of the inquisitive human mind these days.
                                Yeah, Ironing board spotted in orbit from the ISS, wreckage of a Lancaster bomber found on the moon, the list is possibly endless!

What do you mean you don't want to find out?

Comment

Working...
                                X