GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

i got a letter saying my[enforcable] account had been sold to arrow and wescot would contact me, but robbersway have just written to me, hubbys [UE] has also been sold to arrow, moroncroft have his,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks guys, it was the usual letter headed M & S and included a letter from Arrow asking me to speak to Wescot. Included their fact sheet. Should i wait for another letter then?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, wait until you are contacted again then send SWID letter

Comment

Cheers Vint will do.

Comment

3rd letter from robson way re lloyds. saying they will pass to dryden fairfax in next 10 days if they dont hear from me.

Will send SWID on Monday.

Comment

Forgot to ask you guys opinion on something.

Whats the deal with a DCA using my business name, in the address they write to when its a personal debt?

The business IS ran from the address, however, they have used the postal lookup service, because in the address they have included my company name.

Any other circumstance and there would be a high risk that someone other than me i.e business partner may open the letter since its addressed to our business.

Further more, they used a brown envelope, which we receive a lot of due to dealing with HMRC.

Is there any massive slap i can send there way for using the company name in the address?

Comment

Yes, just remind them to contact you personally at your address and not through your company

Comment

ok, ill add it to the SWID on Monday.

Comment

small update. Robison Way re Lloyds, have treated my SWID as a CCA Request and are "asking their client for documentation to show liability for the amount due" whatever that means.

Have placed account on hold.

Didn't mention my request to remove company name from postal address however I notice that they have removed it anyway.

Comment

Just a quick update, re RBS, collection been assigned to regal collection. Will write to me again in 7 days, so will hold off the SWID until then.

Comment

Another update

Arrow Re M & S have passed collections over to Restons solicitors. Will wait for them to make contact, and will watch this one closely.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                          Another update

Arrow Re M & S have passed collections over to Restons solicitors. Will wait for them to make contact, and will watch this one closely.
                          Yes matey - be right on top of this one. Restons have an unsavory reputation for issuing claims at the drop of a hat.
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Great, just what my mother needs right now. Cant pay sitting from a hospital bed!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              Great, just what my mother needs right now. Cant pay sitting from a hospital bed!
                              No exactly.

I didn't want to worry you about Restons, but didn't want you to play the 'ignore' card as they are very litigious. So best to keep on top of them and, should they start being funny buggers, you can show them as being completely unreasonable.

SnV
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

The sort of time all debt collection activity should stop because the client says they are not well. And it should be as simple as that. No hoops to jump through no proof to be made no nothing just an assertion from a law abiding citizen.

But we know they wont and just the sort of tactic that if brought up on Bens ITN program would be brushed under the carpet as a mistake by the office junior or admin process.

But if the new regulators Treating Consumers Fairly (TCF) was imbedded within a firms culture then the admin process would have checks and balances and the office junior would know its wrong. But they dont because its not in the culture of the company to be anything but vile and aggresive in its pursuit of the dirty debt dodger.

If they engaged with the client they would know this but threats and hardball just puts peoples backs up. If they offered forebarance at times of acute stress they would get the kudos later because most if not all of us didnt arrive here as a choice. Most of us arrived here as a last resort caused by the behaviour of companies like Retsons,

Comment

Working...
                                X