GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nightwatch & Hubbys Diary of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightwatch & Hubbys Diary of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nightwatch & Hubbys Diary of debt

Originally posted by CleverClogs
    So tell them that.

Dear Curs,

On 31 January 2012, a person (name if known) at your company received (and signed for) a letter from me. That letter contained a formal request under section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for an executed copy of the agreement and the other documents required by that statute; the statutory fee of £1 was enclosed. Under the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983, your company had twelve days in which to do this, which it has failed to do.

Section 78 (6) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is quite plain on this matter, as it states:
    (6)If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—
    (a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;
    Yet, regardless of the fact that your company could not lawfuly enforce any agreement whilst it has not complied with my request under section 78(1), your company has now threatened legal action to enforce an agreement it seems unable or unwilling to supply to the alleged debtor.

This is, of course, contrary to the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines, which expressly forbid any creditor from threatening to take legal action when this is not something they can do. Hence, I will submit a complaint to the OFT about your company's recent antics which complaint may be tempered (but not altogether avoided) if your company were to apologise at once and offer compensation for the upset the letter caused.

Yours Faithfully,

Clever Clogs

----------------------
    link 1
    link 2
    link 3
    Nice - you're getting good at this see
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      don't rush, it may take me sometime !!
      If you've not done yet, please just send the cover letter and agreement at this stage - if I need the rest I will ask for it.....

May be easier/?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        If you've not done yet, please just send the cover letter and agreement at this stage - if I need the rest I will ask for it.....

May be easier/?
        will download to secure site in 2 halves, as for some reason will not let me send the attachment
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

will download to secure site in 2 halves, as for some reason will not let me send the attachment
          maybe too big?

If its upto 20Mb then send to never-in-doubt@live.co.uk

if under 10Mb send to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ok here we go

MBNA credit card
            now owned byLink Financial
            start date 1997
            ballance £8,600
            Defaulted 2002
            pro rata payments up to date
            hubbys
            31/01 cca sent
            04/02 they have sent to MBNA for CCA and most recent T&C, because they bought the debt in 2002 and do not have any paperwork themselves. this could take up to 30 days
            16/02 they are still waiting for a reply but woul like us to continue payments
            05/02 CCA received. letter says they have fulfiled their obligation under s77 or 78 CCa 2006
            they have enclosed a peice of paper that says "Reason for Reconstruction" and next to a large black cross it states Credit agreement not retrived
            also enclosed is, a blank application form, with hubbys name and address typed in,some T&C with mb 04/97 in bottom left corner and an undated agreement that starts at page 2 of 8 and finishes at page 7
            will send all to niddy as it all looks carp to me
            sorry to send so much Niddy but don't know quite what to make of it
            This is a blatant forgery passed off to be a recon, basically a blank agreement with your name and address typed in the box - totally unenforceable.

I would respond to Link (or whoever) with this: ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Comment

This is a blatant forgery passed off to be a recon, basically a blank agreement with your name and address typed in the box - totally unenforceable.
              If it was indeed a forgery, does that mean the DCA has used a copy of a forged instrument contrary to section 4 of the Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981 (link) or might they have committed some other criminal offence?

Comment

Nah they've sent a blank copy and typed the name and address in - nothing really to suggest fraud unfortunately, its just trying to be passed off as original when it's not.

My use of the wrong word, sorry

Comment

My use of the wrong word, sorry
                  That's a pity.

Comment

Barclaycard (1)

start date 1998
                    Ballance £5500
                    Defaulted 2002
                    No payments made since Aug 2011 when they returned my payment as unrecognised account, no reply to letter sent.
                    Sold to Cabot Nov 2011 ignored letters CCA going off on monday
                    02/02/12 letter from cabot, they are requesting cca from barcs, and have returned my £1.00
                    220/02 cabot are still waiting to hear from barcs
                    23/02 copy of statements requested by SAR received 2006/7 i never had these as barcs stoped sending me statements in 2005 one dated sept 2006 asked for a payment of £6,471.10 immediatly followed by a further £6,459.23 to reach them by Oct 2006
                    27/02 letter from cabot, barcs are experiencing a delay in obtaining information from their archive.
                    09/03 Cabot are unable to produce the requested information,
                    my account has been placed on hold untill they can.
                    they say I am still obliged to repay the outstanding balance and would recomend that I contact them to arrange a repayment plan
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

they say I am still obliged to repay the outstanding balance and would recomend that I contact them to arrange a repayment plan
                      Well done just forget about this for now........

Comment

have just received another part of my SAR request for this account, the numptys have put a Y next to ' skip trace indicator

Y= cardholder cannot be traced
                        so if i'm not me, who have thet sent the SAR to ???
                        Last edited by nightwatch; 10 March 2012, 12:08.

Comment

MBNA (2)hubbys
                          now with wescot
                          start date 1998
                          ballance £4050
                          defaulted 2002
                          prorata payments up to date

CCA request sent
                          16/03 account on hold while request sent to mbna
                          will wait

Comment

CAP 1 cc
                            started 1998
                            ballance £1280
                            default 2008
                            now with Link financial
                            prorata to date

CCA request sent
                            17/03 letter rec, they have sent for the agreement but it may take a while
                            will wait

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep
                              just removed for now ............
                              Hi I2D

defaulted on this 2002, was sold to 1st crud 2002, had a couple of threatening phonecalls off them the will take me to court, take my house , my kids will be on the street/homeless ect..
                              I refused to give in and offered them a small amount each month amd they accepted it
                              phone calls asking for more evry 3 months, kept saying no.
                              calls stoped and then they just kept sending me offers to pay a reduced ammount to close the account (ignored as had no money)
                              2012 decided to try UE sent cca req end of Jan,
                              they sent legal threat for none payment Feb,
                              replied with a 'wheres my CCA letter,
                              they sent me a copy of my so called agreement on the 12th March
                              just waiting for niddy to look at it and today
                              received the legal threat letter

Comment

ok here we go

MBNA credit card
                                now owned byLink Financial
                                start date 1997
                                ballance £8,600
                                Defaulted 2002
                                pro rata payments up to date
                                hubbys
                                31/01 cca sent
                                04/02 they have sent to MBNA for CCA and most recent T&C, because they bought the debt in 2002 and do not have any paperwork themselves. this could take up to 30 days
                                16/02 they are still waiting for a reply but woul like us to continue payments
                                05/02 CCA received. letter says they have fulfiled their obligation under s77 or 78 CCa 2006
                                they have enclosed a peice of paper that says "Reason for Reconstruction" and next to a large black cross it states Credit agreement not retrived
                                also enclosed is, a blank application form, with hubbys name and address typed in,some T&C with mb 04/97 in bottom left corner and an undated agreement that starts at page 2 of 8 and finishes at page 7
                                will send all to niddy as it all looks carp to me

Niddy says
                                07/02 missing T&C letter sent
                                17/02 letter saying they are contacting MBNA as they dont have the info requested
                                if they dont have it, what did they think they sent me in the first place, that they said was a copy my agreement ?

Comment

Working...
                                X