GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nightwatch & Hubbys Diary of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightwatch & Hubbys Diary of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nightwatch & Hubbys Diary of debt

Eeeee, I remember the days when I was a lad at Lloyds. We 'allowed' people to have Cashpoint Cards and can remember more than once being positioned in a pub ready to recover a Cheque Card that was being used to cash cheques at the same pub day after day.
    Then there was the hairspray trick on the date stamp page at the back of a cheque book....blooming customers were worse than we are now !

....and when we introduced the '2-in-1' card it was a bit like the Peter Kay 'cheesecake' sketch ....'cheese?...in a cake?'

Comment

Originally posted by pepe2008 View Post
      Eeeee, I remember the days when I was a lad at Lloyds. We 'allowed' people to have Cashpoint Cards and can remember more than once being positioned in a pub ready to recover a Cheque Card that was being used to cash cheques at the same pub day after day.
      Then there was the hairspray trick on the date stamp page at the back of a cheque book....blooming customers were worse than we are now !
      Haha - yea the calendar at the end of the book, the shop was meant to cross the date out so you could only cash one a day. Fine, unless your mate worked on the local presto/budgeons/gateway cash desk who then forgot to scribble the date out....

I once cashed 10 cheques in a day at Presto cash counter, but I did to be fair have £501 in my account
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hmmm, I had the delight of being Student Accounts Officer at one of the Oxford Branches. It was so good to ask a'Julian Farguhar-Grimbley-Wimbley-Bimbley-vonStrunkenhausen' for their cheque cards back ! Some of them could hardly hold their tears in their cravats !

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          RBS
          still with OC
          start date 1999
          ballance £8,103.05
          Defaulted 2003
          prorata payments up to date
          hubbys

sent CCA req on 12/04
          letter from RBS dated 19th they have sent back my request and money, stating that they cannot deal with it as they require a signiture
          Sig not req letter sent by return
          have today received a letter from RBS, they appologise for the delay and they REGRET TO ADVISE that the card agreement has been misfiled and they are unable to locate it
          they also accept that until they comply fully with the CCA request they are not able to enforce the agreement,
          BUT if payments stop they MAY take such actionas is legaly permitted to PURSUE the outstanding debt

letter received 22/06 dated 19/06 . They are concerened to note that payment has not been received. unless payments are brought upto date and maintained at the agreed level?, they will have no alternative but to consider further action.
          ooerr missis, what to do now. Nothing !! see what happens next
          Last edited by nightwatch; 22 June 2012, 10:58. Reason: spelling
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ooerr missis, what to do now. Nothing !! see what happens next
            Give them time to consider, as they say> umumumumumumu
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

M&S sc
              started 1997
              balance £1645
              default 2007
              prorata upto date OC not paid since april 2012

12/04 CCA req sent
              05/05 letter received, dated 01/05, my repayment plan has now expired they would like me to call them to give them my details and discuss how i expect to clear the debt.
              If they dont hear from me they will consider refurring the account to their solicitors. or they may refer it to a DCA
              29/05 no CCA received letter sent

18/06 CCA rec will send to Niddy
              23/06 letter received from Moorcroft dated 21/06 ' they have been instucted by M N S to to collect my overdue debt' I must make full payment within 7 days' OR' call them IMMEDIATLEY to prevent them recommending further debt recovery action to their client. they and their client do not wish to do this, but if no agreement cannot be reached by 28/06/12 they may have no alternative
              they point out that their client has registered a default against my credit file in relation to this account
              they better not have registered it with the CRAs ones already on from 2007

Comment

they better not have registered it with the CRAs ones already on from 2007
                I would screen print the original default and keep it as back-up/proof 'just in case'....

Also, why not write a one liner back and attach a copy and say "I sincerely hope you don't try and re-register an already registered default otherwise a formal complaint will be registered against you, with the regulatory bodies"...

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

M&S charge cardstarted 1997
                  balance £1645
                  default 2007

12/04 CCA req sent
                  05/05 letter received, dated 01/05, my repayment plan has now expired they would like me to call them to give them my details and discuss how i expect to clear the debt.
                  If they dont hear from me they will consider refurring the account to their solicitors. or they may refer it to a DCA

23/06 letter received from Moorcroft dated 21/06 ' they have been instucted by M N S to to collect my overdue debt' I must make full payment within 7 days' OR' call them IMMEDIATLEY to prevent them recommending further debt recovery action to their client. they and their client do not wish to do this, but if no agreement cannot be reached by 28/06/12 they may have no alternative
                  they point out that their client has registered a default against my credit file in relation to this account
                  25/06 Letter fromM n S dated 20/06 they have asked Moorcroft to take responsibility for my account allpayments and queries to them
                  Now is this account just passed to Moorcroft to collect? which means they cannot do anything except make recomendations to their client.
                  will wait and see what Moorcroft send next

Comment

Tsb trustcard/lloyds cc
                    still with OC
                    start date 1978
                    taken over by Lloyds 1982
                    ballance £5662.27
                    defaulted 2002
                    have just stopped payment as niddy says
                    26/04 letter from Ltsb "your repayments are in arrears and a payment of £12.00 is required" to avoid further action all payments should be made on the due date agreed.

29/05 Letter from Credit Security Ltd, re Lloyds Tsb, they have been instructed by our client to recover the outstanding debt

to clarify this account, we sent for a CCA,2010, we had back just T&C nothing to link it to the account, and a letter stating that as the account was so old they did'nt have to send a copy of the agreement, but we would have signed one and they will look.
                    sent a letter under CPUTR asking if they had an agreement or not, replied that we would have signed one and will send it when found, Final responce
                    SAR sent in the middle is a couple of emails sent to recoberys and back
                    1, out: client asks for agreement
                    2,rep: cannot be found, not req from central storage and recoverys as account before the system was started

11/06 letter from Credit security ltd(8/6), they cannot trace receipt of our reply to their recent letter thats coz i diddn't send one
                    they DEMAND that the sum stated be sent direct to their office IMMEDIATELY using the pay slip attached
                    failure to do so 'could' result in a DEBT COLLECTOR calling upon us, or the account being refered for legal action
                    they have still not stated if they have been assigned or sold this account
                    25/06 letter from Cred sec ltd, dated 22/06, " Dear Mr Nightwatch. You have chosen to disreguard our and our clients previous letters.so they noticed
                    we do not intend to remind you of your obligations to repay monies owed. then stop sending me letters
                    If we do not receive a payment and payment proposal within 7 days our DOORSTEP COLLECTOR will be instructed to call upon you for payment the last doorstep collector took it
                    If payment is not forthcoming we will refer the account to our client with a recommendation for LEGAL ACTION as stated in our previous letter.
                    Do I ignore and see what happens or should I send a letter stating thet Lloyds have not sent me a copy of the signed credit agreement they keep insisting we signed, and will send to us when they find it

Forgot to say at the bottom of the letter is a cut off portion that says

PLEASE CANCEL DOORSTEP ACTION AND CONSIDER MY REPAYMENT PROPOSAL BELOW
                    there is our name ,address, and account no; along with aplace to say how much we enclose and" we promise to pay xxx per week, month until my debt is paid in full" *terms subject to regular review
                    then we have to sign and date it I THINK NOT
                    Last edited by nightwatch; 25 June 2012, 13:59. Reason: forgot part of letter

Comment

Do I ignore and see what happens or should I send a letter stating thet Lloyds have not sent me a copy of the signed credit agreement they keep insisting we signed, and will send to us when they find it

Forgot to say at the bottom of the letter is a cut off portion that says

PLEASE CANCEL DOORSTEP ACTION AND CONSIDER MY REPAYMENT PROPOSAL BELOW
                      there is our name ,address, and account no; along with aplace to say how much we enclose and" we promise to pay xxx per week, month until my debt is paid in full" *terms subject to regular review
                      then we have to sign and date it I THINK NOT
                      I would see what they do next if it was me.......

Comment

Tesco cc
                        start date 1999
                        ballance £4700
                        defaulted 2003
                        prorata payments up ro date OC

12/04 CCA sent
                        03/05 letter received, dated 21/04, unable to deal with request as it is not signed. returned with 'no sig required' temp
                        19/05 letter from D Munn,(7/5) 'HE' is disapointed to note that I have failed to comply with 'OUR' agreement,unles 'HE' receives an immediate payment as arranged 'HE' will have no alternative but to place my account in the hands of an external DCA
                        7/6, letter from tesco, Legal and Estates,"futher to my recent request, we enclose copy information held by Tesco Bank provided under the terms of the above act"
                        they have sent me the information as quoted under DPA 1998 ??
                        will email what I got to Niddy
                        missing PT letter will be sent 2mozz
                        after sending missing PT letter have just received the same stuff back but with some T&C but i cannot see any date on them so dont know if they are original or varied will send to Niddy for his oppinion
                        they still say they are sent under DPA
                        emailed to niddy for his eggspurt advice
                        Last edited by nightwatch; 28 June 2012, 12:32.

Comment

MNS reserve
                          started 1997
                          ballance £2350
                          defaulted 2006
                          prorata to date oc

12/04 CCA req sent
                          05/05 CCA rec Niddy says
                          Had not received anything from them till today 30/06, they have asked Rockwell DCA to deal withthe account , I should hear from them shortly they phoned last night but were flumuxed by the truecall so left no message
                          shall ignore aslong as poss

Comment

shall ignore aslong as poss
                            I would see what they do next and if things get silly then send rockwell a missing PT's letter for now

Comment

M&S charge cardstarted 1997
                              balance £1645
                              default 2007

12/04 CCA req sent

25/06 Letter fromM n S dated 20/06 they have asked Moorcroft to take responsibility for my account allpayments and queries to them
                              30/06 another letter from MnS they have asked Moorcroft to ect ect ect....
                              must of forgot they sent the 1st one

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                                i'll try and catch up with things in a day or two - having connection issues at work so cannot open anything.....
                                WHAT!!! not even a sandwich ??

Hubby wishes i couldn't open something, My Mouth!

Comment

Working...
                                X