GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Alland UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alland UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alland UE Diary

Originally posted by alland
    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
    y

Remember my ticket to the States mate
    Sorry niddy mate...it was a toss up between you and pixiechick...and pixie won by a ... :boobs1
    LOL, that is funny - imagine picking boobs over beer mate! ;LOL ;LOL

Thanks by the way, for the donation you sent 2 2 2
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

y virsus :boobs1 ? Difficult decision niddy, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.... ;LOL

Donation? don't mention it, I just wish it could be more for the work you do for people here mate.

Comment

Thanks matey - appreciated all the same. y
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update 7/11/10

Not much to report or get over stressed about this week I don't think...

GM Card

GM Card

Balance £10,989 (ceased payments May)

May 31st sent CCA Request
          July 29th Copy of Application form & T&C arrived – strangely this was in the name of someone else… I now have all this persons personal details! I have not informed GM card about their identity data mess up. (keeping that as a trump card in case I need it later)
          August 2nd Responded with CCA reminder
          August 13th Received letter requesting my signature before they could provide any documentation.
          August 14th Responded with letter - “ Signature not required”
          August 20th – Received blank application form with just my name & address written on top in pen, and a set of current T& C.
          August 25th letter received stating they had now complied with my request under S78 and as such the agreement is enforceable they will continue to pursue for payment.
          September 1st, Letter received – Threat of Default Notice if I do not respond.

Need to send info to Niddy for advice
          September 6th letter received – marked “Without Prejudice” Intention to file Notice of Default” but they won’t do if I offer to pay them something!
          To Date not responded to the letter
          No response necessary...... just ignore this and sit tight.
          Letter from HFC Bank- stating " [size=5]Please be advised that we MUST insist you either telephone one of our payment advisers, or pay the overdue amount immediately. We have trained staff ready to resolve your financial difficulties ( ;Hmm what they going to do have a whip round in the office ! ) If you fail to respond to this letter we may serve you with a default Notice in accordance with section 87 (1) of the CCA act 1974. and we may decide to take legal proceedings against you to recover the amount outstanding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Co-operative Visa Card

Co-operative Visa

Balance £10,685 (ceased payments March)

CCA request March 12th
          April 21st letter received noting account in arrears, please pay outstanding amount.
          May 3rd CCA request sent again as original cheque for £1 had not been cashed.
          May 14th Letter received -Threat of action to recover outstanding amount, unless I make satisfactory arrangements for repayment.
          June 3rd CCA reminder sent.
          June 6th Copy of signed application form received, no CCA , just a unreadable photo copy of some T&C
          July 6th Responded with letter – Bank now in default due to failure to provide a true copy of my CCA.
          July 31st letter received from Phoenix Credit Services, stating they have been instructed to collect the full balance of the account.
          August 5th Responded to Phoenix with letter “ Account in dispute with OC”.
          September 15th letter received – stating a copy of application form is sufficient to satisfy S78 and a copy of the CCA would have been sent to me at time of opening the account in 1995.
          Therefore the bank had met any obligation under the consumer credit act. So pay up or they may arrange for the banks debt recovery procedures to be applied.
          September 22nd Letter received from Phoenix DCA, stating they have been instructed by the Co-operative bank to collect payment and threatening legal action on behalf of
          Co-op.
          September 23rd. Responded with letter “Account in Dispute with OC”

Need to have niddy look at CCA and advise
          As above, no need to send me anything - you seem to realise the pattern here? I only need to see actual CCA's - anything else is unlawful meaning there is no need for me to see it cos I would say the same! Just sit tight and let us know of any further letters....
          November 1st Letter from Phoenix Credit Services stating - [size=5]You have failed to reach agreement for the repayment of the debt. Your debt will now be registered with the credit reference agancies. A default may affect your credit rating for up to 6 years. If you wish to stop this action call us within the next 48hrs we now require you to make an immediate payment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Halifax Visa

Update 23/10/10

Halifax Visa
          Ref. Wescot...
          [size=5]Update 28/09/10
          Halifax Visa
          Letter from Wescot DCA, acting for Halifax,(They must have given up on their in house Albion debt collection team) Wescot warn that I need to pay the balance now or they may be forced to start recovery action.....
          Not too concerned about this as I have a letter from Halifax accepting that they cannot supply a copy of my original CCA, so although the account is still legally binding and they will continue pursue me for settlement, they are prevented from enforcing it through the courts. So probably just more scare tactics at the moment.
          So responded to Wescot with "Account in dispute with OC" letter

Now received another letter from Wescot, stating that unless I settle the full balance owing, they may be forced to start court proceedings,or may arrange a door step visit by a collection agent.

Reponded with letter template - CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA (have attached a copy of the letter Halifax sent me stating that as they cannot supply the correct documentation they "will not enforce through the courts"
          Hopefully that will sort Wescot out.
          November 1st. Letter from Wescot stating - [size=5]We acknowledge that you are in dispute with this acount, we would like to confirm how this will be investigated.
          We Will suspend all collection activity on the account while it is being investigated.
          However we may need to contact you if we require further details or wish to clarify any information you may have supplied us with - to make contact quicker and easier for you, please let us have your contact phone number ( Yeh right!)

As our investigation will require us to contact our client, this process may take several weeks. We would appreciate your patience during this time.
          (Hey take as long as you want.. ;30 )
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thats it Boss niddy, what do you think, just continue to ignore for now ?

Comment

Hiya

Ignore all 3. HFC & Co-Op are normal default notices...... HBOS, speaks for itself.

Just sit tight - no action necessary for any of them y

Comment

Thanks Boss, have a good day.. y

Comment

Cheers matey - you too y

Comment

Egg Card

Update 07/10/10

Received Default Notice stating that I have until 26th October to pay outstanding arrears and bring account up to date or Default will be placed with Credit agencies and recovery action will begin with either 1.Notifying their solicitors to begin proceedings
                  2. Instruct a DCA to secure payment.
                  UpDate 08/11/10

Egg Card

Letter from Egg to notify me that they have now terminated my account and will be passing it on to a outside debt collection agency, who will be contacting me in the next 10 days to pursue settlement.
                  I suppose I am going to have to make a decision on which way to jump with this one soon.

Comment

Nah - just ignore it mate....

Let them sell it then we'll hit the DCA with the same as we hit them with, nothign to worry over.

Comment

Ok thanks Niddy, will sit it out and see what develops when a DCA takes it on y

Comment

Update 14/11/10

Barclaycard Mastercard

Update 27/10/10

Barclaycard Mastercard
                        Update 27/10/10
                        -
                        Another letter from Mercers,who have obviously ignored my last letter to them.
                        They are now giving me 48hrs to pay up or the account will be passed to a local debt collection company who's representitive will call at my address to collect the full payment. (erm, right ok then, now where did I put that biscuit tin with a spare £6K inside? I had better get it ready for when the big bad collector calls round.. 1 )
                        Wait and see what they do, if they sell it then just send the account sold whilst in dispute template....
                        10/11/10 Another letter received from Mercers - "Default Notice Served" pay arrears before 27th November or else !
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        RBS Visa
                        Update 27/10/10

RBS Visa
                        Update 27/10/10
                        Letter from Triton stating that they have been appointed on behalf of RBS for immediate collection of the account, and I must pay by return of post.... To date still never had any response to my original CCA request from RBS
                        Ok, then send this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=1502#p1502
                        Sorted
                        08/11/10 Letter from Triton - We request that you contact our office without delay, failure to contact could result in further action !
                        Egg card
                        Egg Card

Update 07/10/10

Received Default Notice stating that I have until 26th October to pay outstanding arrears and bring account up to date or Default will be placed with Credit agencies and recovery action will begin with either 1.Notifying their solicitors to begin proceedings
                        2. Instruct a DCA to secure payment.
                        UpDate 08/11/10

Egg Card

Letter from Egg to notify me that they have now terminated my account and will be passing it on to a outside debt collection agency, who will be contacting me in the next 10 days to pursue settlement.
                        I suppose I am going to have to make a decision on which way to jump with this one soon.
                        Nah - just ignore it mate....

Let them sell it then we'll hit the DCA with the same as we hit them with, nothign to worry over.
                        06/11/10 Letter from Egg stating that they have taken legal advice and are satisfied that they have supplied a fully enforceable CCA, containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement and also state that credit limint in section 3 "Aproved Limit" is fully compliant - we refer you to recent judgments of HHJ Lanan in Lloyds v Mitchell (13th November 2009,unreported) and in the high court in Brophy v HFC Bank (2010) EWHC 819 (QB) In those cases the courts accepted that that a creditor such as Egg, can comply with section 6 of the agreement by stating that it will inform the client of the credit limit from time to time.

11/11/10 The above Egg letter was quickly followed up by a letter from Collect Direct (UK) saying they have been instructed to collect the amount outstanding, in order to avoid further action payment must be made within 4 days of the letter !

I know there is not much you can advise regarding Egg Niddy, so all I can really do is blag it a bit longer until the time comes when it looks like we are nearing the court steps and then try and arrange a payment plan I suppose ?

Comment

Hiya

Ok you should ignore them all other than Egg. With respect to Egg themselves, ignore them - however send this to Collect Direct ---> viewtopic.php?p=20203#p20203

That should do for the moment 2

Comment

Thanks Mate, Will do.. y

Comment

y - no problemo matey

Comment

Update 20/11/10

Barclaycard (Goldfish)

Barclaycard Goldfish
                                Balance £7,795 ( April ceased payments)
                                May CCA Request sent.
                                July 17th Letter received in reply to request – No signature so unable to respond to S78 request.
                                July 20th Replied with letter “Signature not required”
                                To date heard nothing back.
                                20/11/10 Letter received in response to my CCA request, also enclosed my original application form and copy of T&C.
                                Will email to Niddy for review.

Comment

Working...
                                X