GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Alland UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alland UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alland UE Diary

Hi Allan,

We had one of those letters from Power2Contact, also with a different reference number, presume its their own reference, but they did in fact send someone around to see us.!!!!!...I was so disappointed to miss them 'cos we were out at work, but they left me a card telling me they had called to discuss my Barclaycard, and could I ring them asap.....no.!!

Sent Threat of a doorstep visit letter to them, and so far they havn't been again.!!! Shame aint it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52
      Hi Allan,

We had one of those letters from Power2Contact, also with a different reference number, presume its their own reference, but they did in fact send someone around to see us.!!!!!...I was so disappointed to miss them 'cos we were out at work, but they left me a card telling me they had called to discuss my Barclaycard, and could I ring them asap.....no.!!

Sent Threat of a doorstep visit letter to them, and so far they havn't been again.!!! Shame aint it.
      Hi Elsie,

Thanks for the info, as the ref no. was 16 digits in the format of a card no. I assumed it was a credit card ref. but you are right it may be there own ref. no.

Stangely though, the letter says they are writing on behalf of Mercers, who in turn are acting on behalf of their client (who I assume are a credit card company) but it does not say who the client is that is owed the money?

Looks like I'm going to have a whole possie of :-cow DCA's riding into town to try and string me up... ;EEK

Comment

Mercers act for Barclaycard, or at least that's what my letters say....

Also the reference number on our letters wasn't 16 digits, so perhaps you have someone else's account.!!

Comment

Update 14/10/10
          Final response letter today from Lloyds TSB refusing to accept that my CCA is UE.
          And pointing out that if I considered it UE, why have I been paying it for the many years since I took out the card .. ;Hmm

Emailed over to Niddy for his opinion on a response to it.

Comment

ok so you paid for eva so many tears sooooo.......thats payments plus interest = lots of money overpaid and they owe you some ...yeah.....smokin ;-y

just tell them you thought they where a saving account now you want it back ;LOL ;LOL
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I like your way of thinking nanna, although LTSB might not agee.... ;LOL

Comment

You just ignore them. Do not respond anymore.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It doesn't matter if you've paid, muppets!! You're now utilising your right under cca to request info to ascertain the legality of said agreement - the fact you have paid has no bearing on the enforceability of the debt, the debt ain't in dispute - the agreement however is!!

No response necessary. Just ignore.

Originally posted by alland
                  Update 14/10/10
                  Final response letter today from Lloyds TSB refusing to accept that my CCA is UE.
                  And pointing out that if I considered it UE, why have I been paying it for the many years since I took out the card .. ;Hmm

Emailed over to Niddy for his opinion on a response to it.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update 23/10/10

Halifax Visa
                    Ref. Wescot...
                    [size=5]Update 28/09/10
                    Halifax Visa
                    Letter from Wescot DCA, acting for Halifax,(They must have given up on their in house Albion debt collection team) Wescot warn that I need to pay the balance now or they may be forced to start recovery action.....
                    Not too concerned about this as I have a letter from Halifax accepting that they cannot supply a copy of my original CCA, so although the account is still legally binding and they will continue pursue me for settlement, they are prevented from enforcing it through the courts. So probably just more scare tactics at the moment.
                    So responded to Wescot with "Account in dispute with OC" letter

Now received another letter from Wescot, stating that unless I settle the full balance owing, they may be forced to start court proceedings,or may arrange a door step visit by a collection agent.

Reponded with letter template - CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA (have attached a copy of the letter Halifax sent me stating that as they cannot supply the correct documentation they "will not enforce through the courts"
                    Hopefully that will sort Wescot out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    MBNA (Sony Card)

Letter received with original application form and set T&C attached ,but MBNA confirm in the letter that as the CCA is incomplete from the original lender they will not be enforcing it through court action.

So for now this one is being filed in my.... :UE folder

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Marbles card

Letter received saying "Please do Not ignore this demand for payment"
                    And asking me if I fully understand the seriousness of the default notice they previously sent to me.
                    It will be on my credit file for 6 years, and for instance, if I go into a car dealership for a new car, I won't get finance!... ; ;Hmm "thank fook for that" ! I'm aready in enough shi*e as it is :cry:
                    Also suggests they may begin legal proceedings for recovery of the debt.

I do have a letter previously from them stating that as they can't provide me with a true copy of my CCA, they will not be seeking to enforce through the courts.
                    So I assume this latest letter is just a computer generated threat letter, and I can ignore for now ?

Comment

• Re: Alland UE Diary

well done Allan

Halifax has stated that they wont enforce it (i sent a copy of the letter HBOS Letter to my DCA) and still waiting for a reply (Niddy or someone with in depth will not doubt be along to give a pointer)

Marbles (HBOS) has said they wont enforce it....(i had a marbles HFC, HBOS), running rings around them at moment. Its a generated letter the phrase 'May' comes up a lot as you say (Scare tactics). Ignore it for now.....(Niddy or somone with more in depth will not doubt be along to give a pointer)

The Sony, as you say, its UE (wd)

Have a good weekend Allan
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers 5corpio....
                        You have a good one too... y

Comment

Hiya

Halifax & Marbles - as you have a letter confirming that the lender(s) cannot locate the agreement, you copy this and highlight the relevant part and send it along with a copy of the new template here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=20195#p20195

MBNA - This should be ignored and filed safely.....

Don't worry about them taking action, they simply can't! 1

Comment

Thanks Niddy, will do..

Comment

Update 27/10/10

Barclaycard Mastercard
                              Balance £5,996 (April ceased payments)
                              May CCA Request sent.
                              July 21st Received letter – Account in arrears please pay outstanding amount or will pass to Mercers Debt Collections.
                              August 20th Letter received from Mercers – stating “ We act as agents for Barclaycard, please bring your account up to date – if unable to pay contact Mercers immediately.
                              September 17th Responded with template letter – Account in Dispute with OC.

Update 3/10/10
                              October 2nd - Another letter from Mercers DCA, with threat of a local debt collector calling at my home to collect payment.
                              October 3rd - Responded with letter to remind them again the account is in dispute with OC, also attached template letter in response to "Threat of doorstep visit" - DONE
                              To Date still no no CCA received from Barclycard or any explanation why they have not complied with my S78 request.

Update 27/10/10 -
                              Another letter from Mercers,who have obviously ignored my last letter to them.
                              They are now giving me 48hrs to pay up or the account will be passed to a local debt collection company who's representitive will call at my address to collect the full payment. (erm, right ok then, now where did I put that biscuit tin with a spare £6K inside? I had better get it ready for when the big bad collector calls round.. 1 )
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Citi Card
                              Updated 26/09/2010
                              September 25th -Letter from Clarity (Credit Services Association)
                              stating they have been instructed to act for Citi cards to make arrangements with me to repay the sum owed on the account, offer of a reduction of £4K off the balance owed if I pay in full within 7 days !!
                              September 26th responded with letter back to Clarity - Account in dispute with OC, ref. my S78 request
                              Update 07/10/10
                              Reply from Clarity - State that they have been in touch with Citi card, and if I send them £1.00 they will send the CCA.
                              Will respond with letter stating I sent the £1.00 with my original CCA request - (will attach a copy of my CCA request letter and will confirm the £1.00 cheque was debited from my bank account.
                              and I already have a set of T&C,and I don't want another set!)

Update 27/10/10
                              Received a letter from Clarity - stating that regrettably as we have not come to a satisfactory payment plan, they will now consider visiting my home to recover the balance (better be quick or nasty man from Mercers re Barclaycard account will find my biscuit tin first!)
                              They also go on to say they may decide on the following - attachment of earnings, a charge on my property, and of course I will have to pay all fees and charges incurred by thier client taking legal action against me...
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              RBS Visa
                              Balance £6,433 (ceased payments May)
                              May 13th CCA request sent
                              July 8th CCA reminder sent
                              August 23rd Letter received – Default Sum Notice in respect of arrears.
                              August 30th Letter received – Account Now Defaulted and reported to credit reference agencies.
                              To date no CCA received.
                              Update 26/09/2010
                              September 25th Letter received - Account terminated and now defaulted with credit reference agencies!

Update 27/10/10

Letter from Triton stating that they have been appointed on behalf of RBS for immediate collection of the account, and I must pay by return of post....
                              To date still never had any response to my original CCA request from RBS

Comment

Hi all ;Hi1 ive had the nasty man comin letter he hasnt come yet tho.Now shall i thank him for his visit or smack him with my pole? or send him to get your biccy tin? ;LOL
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X