GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Alland UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alland UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alland UE Diary

Originally posted by alland
    MARBLES - 20/11/10 - Letter from Marbles stating unless account is brought up to date within the next 7 days, the agreement will be terminated and the account transferred to a Debt Collection Agency. Also enclosed a copy of my original application form and a single page of T&C from when the account was owned by Benificial Bank.
    I thought these muppets ( :kermit ) had already written confirming they couldn't find the original agreement, so what the hell have they sent you then? Is this the same application as original or is it the first time you've had this? Reason I ask, you do know it only remains UE until they supply an agreement, so this may be enforceable - unless you've already had it before and i've confirmed it is UE...? :grumble :grumble :grumble

Can you please try and make things easier for me, as you can see I cannot answer what to do cos i'm confused as to why they sent that, have they previously sent it, have I previously seen it? If the answer to this is yes - then why mention it, that suggests it is new and needs action!

Sorry mate, am starting to get confused now. I'll stop here and come back later... gh

If you get time, please amend your last post and split it into proper 1 account / 1 post type layout. Also, only supply any ADDITIONAL info that needs actioning. If nothing has changed, other than them writing to you asking you to pay then don't update this as it is irrelevant. See what I mean?

Thanks
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re; Marbles.

I got the same letter this weekend too.....and we have a letter on file dated 30th June where they admit that they cannot supply the original terms and conditions.! :bunsen Will be interested in your answer on this one Niddy.

Comment

Sorry Niddles for me being a ... :bert

Strange sort of weekend, First the bloody PI at the door and then unwanted mail yesterday,I went into panic mode...

Ok my post cleaned up.So only the new stuff from Barclaycard Goldfish to need advice on (emailed over to you)

As for the others, Yes I have checked through my filing and found the Marbles application form and T&C I had received from them in the past and you had deemed it the latest one is just a copy of the same stuff.
        And I still have the letter from them saying it is all they can supply so cannot enforce through the courts, obviously sending the stuff again with a threat of action is just standard practice to continue trying to wear me down I suppose.
        So no worries on this one then.

Re RBS Mint card. again, yes you have also deemed this one Obviously Triton will keep on pestering me to pay, so I won't worry unduly about this as well.

Point taken and in future I will try and keep things simple and only post anything relevent that needs action. :red

Comment

Hi Allan

Thanks for clearing this up - so it's the same documents that i'd already seen, that you replied to and have since received confirmation they cannot find the agreement? In which case, just ignore them now. If they sell it to anyone, all you do is copy their letter confirming they cannot enforce and send a copy with this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=20195#p20195

Regards to Goldfish - this is an application form with no prescribed terms - it is also unenforceable so respond with this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=1629#p1629

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks boss will do..

Comment

Cheers matey

Comment

Quick update and warning of dodgy DCA tactics !

Just answered a phone call at work, woman on other end says can I speak to Allan ******
                I said yes, how can I help you ( lots of people ring me in the course of the day who would ask for me by name)

She says, Hi I'm ringing from the Inland Revenue, we have been writing to your home address at ******
                and it is being returned marked "not at this address", can you tell me if you are still residing at that address ?

I thought hang on,this does not sound right !, and I have no issues outstanding with the tax man, and all my creditors know my residential address, and I don't send any letters back "Not Known at this address"..although I have been tempted !
                So I asked again, "where are you calling from", Inland Revenue she repeats... I said I'm sorry but I don't really know that do I, which office are you calling from ? she says London, Right I said, can I have your phone number to call you back, then I know I am talking with the Inland revenue ?....yes she says....then a pause.....and she hangs up !

Bloody annoyed I was caught out, because until now non of the creditors I am in dispute with had my works number or my home number as both numbers had changed since I took out the credit cards, so I have enjoyed freedom from the constant barrage of phone calls some folk unfortunately have to put up with.

Obviously she was from a credit card company or a DCA.

I suppose whoever it was had simply "googled" my name, and it has led them straight to my business address and phone number... I suppose I'm now going to get more calls and maybe a visit here at work. Which will be a bit of a bugger, as only my Son here at work knows the crap I am in, non of the lads who work for us know of my situation.
                Could have done without it right now as I am going away next week, and anyone here could pick up the phone and speak to these :beaker :bert

I was having such a good day too....

Comment

Did the number show up, do you know which DCA it might be? That's very very very sneaky but doesn't surprise me in the least. Aren't they awful.
                  Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                  SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Was the number with held i assume ?

Think i am right in saying that they cannot visit you at work until they let you know first by way of a letter detailing their exact date/time of visit. Then you can simply refuse their visit with one of Nids templates. Same at home. They shouldn't really be calling your work either as im sure its harrassment. Sure someone will be along to advise you properly soon.

Don't get stressed out !
                    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

alland mate - calm down, just wait - if the calls keep coming then we'll sort them for you.

No visits at work, if they do that you'll have em by the short & curlies mate - that is simply not acceptable. They have a reasonable right to visit you at home, but not at work (this breaches oft guidance as it is embarassment also giving away the fact you're in debt which is breach of dpa)....

Dinnae stress man - you have your own secret weapon remember --- The Nidster lol....

!

Comment

Cheers niddy mate..

Their number was blocked, I wish I did know who it was, I'm sure it is crossing the line by impersonating an Inland Revenue official... the real "Tax Man" gives me the willies even when I have done nowt wrong , never mind the pretend ones... :bert

I will await further calls now which will be odds on from the same company, but of course they will deny it was them posing as the Inland Revenue.

There is no reason for any of them to contact me at work to confirm my residential address as I am in constant postal correspondence with them all anyway, I've not done a runner....YET

So it must have been just to confirm my work number as they have no other way of speaking to me personally.

Once they do make themselves known. I will fire off the no contact at work letters.

Comment

Hiya

Or next time they ring (in fact next time anyone rings) ask who it is first! So when someone calls and asks "Is that alland" you say "who is this" - if they do not say then just hang up. If it is a debtor then you simply answer "Sorry, he no longer works here". Leave it at that.

Don't send letters off yet, especially not harassment at work cos that confirms to them that it is bothering you - as it is your own company you need to let them think you no longer work there!

Comment

Hiya Niddy,

Ok no letters then, I will have to be a bit more vigilant now when I answer the phone, half the problem is if I am on one line and the other line rings, one of my lads will pick it up and just say, "yes he's on the other phone, just hang on".. ;D

When anyone rings and asks for me, if I don't recognise their voice, I do ask who is it before confirming who I am, but this woman last week caught me out by lying that she was calling from the Inland Revenue...

Comment

Ok Quick diary update 28/11/10

Monument Card

Letter from Monument stating - [size=5]"As you have failed to meet the terms of the CCA, the account is terminated and the debt is now being sold to CompuCredit International Ventures ("CCIV") a part of the CompuCredit group. We have been informed that CCIV will be placing your account debt with Circuit Financial Solutions ("Circuit") for recovery. One of their agents will contact you shortly to arrange the collection of the outstanding amount".

Never heard of this lot before, But as I am going away in the next couple of days, I suppose I will have to wait until I return to see what they have planned for me

Comment

Originally posted by alland
                                Ok Quick diary update 28/11/10

Monument Card

Letter from Monument stating - [size=5]"As you have failed to meet the terms of the CCA, the account is terminated and the debt is now being sold to CompuCredit International Ventures ("CCIV") a part of the CompuCredit group. We have been informed that CCIV will be placing your account debt with Circuit Financial Solutions ("Circuit") for recovery. One of their agents will contact you shortly to arrange the collection of the outstanding amount".

Never heard of this lot before, But as I am going away in the next couple of days, I suppose I will have to wait until I return to see what they have planned for me
                                Hiya, don't worry about this, typical threats.....

Hope you're having fun in the you ess of eh!

Comment

Working...
                                X