GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Alland UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alland UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alland UE Diary

Barclaycard Mastercard

Balance £5,996 (April ceased payments)
    May CCA Request sent.
    July 21st Received letter – Account in arrears please pay outstanding amount or will pass to Mercers Debt Collections.
    August 20th Letter received from Mercers – stating “ We act as agents for Barclaycard, please bring your account up to date – if unable to pay contact Mercers immediately.
    September 17th Responded with template letter – Account in Dispute with OC.

Update 3/10/10
    October 2nd - Another letter from Mercers DCA, with threat of a local debt collector calling at my home to collect payment.
    October 3rd - Responded with letter to remind them again the account is in dispute with OC, also attached template letter in response to "Threat of doorstep visit"

To Date still no no CCA received from Barclycard or any explanation why they have not complied with my S78 request

Comment

Originally posted by alland
      Barclaycard Mastercard

To Date still no no CCA received from Barclycard or any explanation why they have not complied with my S78 request
      Which means to date, they cannot enforce this alleged debt! You sent the correct paperwork, so see what they respond with next time ;LOL

Mercers = 1 1
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Boss... y

Next letter I get from Mercers, I am going to attach this 1 smiley in my reply, and say Mr Niddy sends his regards.... ;LOL

Comment

Originally posted by alland
          Thanks Boss... y

Next letter I get from Mercers, I am going to attach this 1 smiley in my reply, and say Mr Niddy sends his regards.... ;LOL
          ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Dare you ;Hmm ;Hmm
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

GO on Alland please :boobs1 :boobs1
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

;LOL ;LOL Never been one to turn down a "dare"....although it has landed me in trouble sometimes... ;Red

Comment

That's why I dared you lol

Comment

Actually Boss, I have just finished designing new personal letter heads for use in my replies to DCA's
                  I quite like my new letter head motif....

;LOL ;LOL

Comment

Oh deary me - you're never gonna send that are you? hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                      Oh deary me - you're never gonna send that are you? hehe
                      ;LOL Well Niddy, given the seriousness of my situation, I don't suppose I would in reality, as it may be bordering on being too foolish....especially if I do have to face any of them in court at some stage in the future...I can see it now....
                      "M'lord I don't think Mr D is taking his financial situation seriously, this is the content of a letter he sent us" !.... ;Red

But it does give me much pleasure imagining the look on their faces if they opened a letter to be faced with the "Sign of the finger"..... ;LOL

Although I may offer it as a personal gesture if any DCA 1 knocks on my door... k

Comment

Hmmm, if they ever said such nonsense in court then i'd be the first to say quote back some of their nonsense such as "M'Lord, they say they can come and take my house, in fact they reckon they have more power than an act of parliament and they also think they can come into my house as they please"..... Need I go on..?

Comment

Right back to business after opening mail when I arrived home...

Halifax Visa

Letter from Wescot DCA, acting for Halifax,(They must have given up on their in house Albion debt collection team) Wescot warn that I need to pay the balance now or they may be forced to start recovery action.....

Not too concerned about this as I have a letter from Halifax accepting that they cannot supply a copy of my original CCA, so although the account is still legally binding and they will continue pursue me for settlement, they are prevented from enforcing it through the courts. So probably just more scare tactics at the moment.

So responded to Wescot with "Account in dispute with OC" letter

Update 07/10/10

Reply from Wescot - Collection action suspended while awaiting further instruction from Halifax

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Citi Card

Updated 26/09/2010
                          September 25th -Letter from Clarity (Credit Services Association)
                          stating they have been instructed to act for Citi cards to make arrangements with me to repay the sum owed on the account, offer of a reduction of £4K off the balance owed if I pay in full within 7 days !!
                          September 26th responded with letter back to Clarity - Account in dispute with OC, ref. my S78 request

Update 07/10/10

Reply from Clarity - State that they have been in touch with Citi card, and if I send them £1.00 they will send the CCA.

Will respond with letter stating I sent the £1.00 with my original CCA request - (will attach a copy of my CCA request letter and will confirm the £1.00 cheque was debited from my bank account.
                          and I already have a set of T&C,and I don't want another set!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Lloyds TSB Card

Update 07/10/10

Letter received with another copy of my application form, and two sets of T&C (1 set showing my old address, & 1 set showing my current address.)
                          Letter states they have fully complied with my S78 request, and the CCA is fully enforceable, and they will not enter into any further communication in support of my CCA query.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Egg Card

Update 07/10/10

Received Default Notice stating that I have until 26th October to pay outsatnading arrears and bring account up to date or Default will be placed with Credit agencies and recovery action will begin with either 1.Notifying their solicitors to begin proceedings
                          2. Instruct a DCA to secure payment.

Comment

Halifax, Egg, Lloyds - no action necessary
                            Citi - yes do that and blank your statement and send a copy too!

Comment

Originally posted by Slickfm
                              I would like to echo these coments. I read these diaries every day of the week and it's just like checking in on my mates. As for our Niddy I could'nt have put it any better myself, well done
                              ;-y You've said it for me too! I've not felt freedom since I joined this forum. Thanks Niddy 2
                              Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

Halifax Visa

Letter from Wescot DCA, acting for Halifax,(They must have given up on their in house Albion debt collection team) Wescot warn that I need to pay the balance now or they may be forced to start recovery action.

Not too concerned about this as I have a letter from Halifax accepting that they cannot supply a copy of my original CCA, so although the account is still legally binding and they will continue pursue me for settlement, they are prevented from enforcing it through the courts. So probably just more scare tactics at the moment.

So responded to Wescot with "Account in dispute with OC" letter

Update 07/10/10

Reply from Wescot - Collection action suspended while awaiting further instruction from Halifax.

Update 09/10/10

Letter received from Wescot stating- "We have contacted our client (Halifax) who confirm they have supplied all correct documents to you, so account balance is correct. If you think you still have a valid dispute please contact us within the next 14 days with the details,overwise the matter will be passed back to our recovery team for collection"

Comment

Working...
                                X