GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Slickfm UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slickfm UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Slickfm UE Diary

Originally posted by Slickfm View Post
    Hiya all

Egg Loan update:

Defaulted 2006
    Current Balance £3500
    Owned by Britannia but managed by Crapquest

This account was deemed 'enforceable' by Niddy over 3.5 years ago. Since then i have been making payments of £52 a month to Crapquest. I have just changed my standing order to £1. This is probably going to cause some upset with them so i'm expecting numerous letters to come flooding in. I've seen Crapquest off on a few other accounts over the years so hoping to fend them off on this one.

I did have to call Crapquest (i know its against house rules) just to confirm that they had my correct correspondence address (which they didn't) they had an old work address and i didn't want any letters arriving there. They tried to get loads of info from me over the phone so just fobbed them off, got the address changed eventually though.

Will update once i receive anything from them, next payment is not due until 29th Jan.

Cheers
    Cheers SnV,

With regards to all this, i sent a CCA request to Egg in 2010 but have no record of ever sending a SWID letter to either Britannia or Crapquest, so when i receive something from them is it worth going down this route?

I did receive i £700 ppi refund from egg in May 2010 which was applied to reduce the outstanding balance, does me accepting this and still maintaining payments affect me from sending the SWID as above, and trying the UE route with the DCA's?

Cheers
    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Why bother mate, send a new CCA and start again - easiest option.
    Morning all

Egg Loan update:

I did not make the payment due at the end of Jan. Ignored a couple of calls from Crapquest. Letter received today from HL Legal solicitors saying they have been appointed by Crapquest on behalf of their client Britannica Recoveries, to recover the debt as i have failed to honour my payment plan and they may issue court proceedings if i don't pay arrears (there are no arrears). The next sentence is odd as it states that i have not made any payments since 4.7.11? I have kept up with the plan until end of Jan which is when i stopped the standing order, therefore only 1 missed payment, so they have their facts wrong there.

As Niddy mentioned, i was going to send a CCA request to Crapquest upon 1st contact but seeing as this letter says that they may issue court proceedings should i be sending Threat of legal action letter?

Had exactly the same process with a Cap One account back in 2010 Crapquest/HL Legal ending up passing it back to Cap One. Hoping for the same result here.

Cheers
    Slick
    Last edited by Slickfm; 13 February 2014, 10:11. Reason: Add more info
    Fight the good fight and we will prevail
    Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

Send a cca request asap....
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you had a ppi refund and the account is as you say owned by capquest then they CANNOT add it to the debt as technically Egg & capquest are now separate entities as capquest own it, so egg have just given capquest £700 - you need to demand they pay you ASAP as you've never received said cash.

The above all depends on whether cap quest own the account or just manage it. If egg own it and have just partially assigned it then the refund will be applied to the debt. If however absolute assignment occurred then they (Egg) cannot pay any refund to a third party company (ie the dca)....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Deepie, I will send a CCA request off tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply Niddy, i'm not actually sure who owns the debt now, i thought it was Britannica. As i have never CCA'd Crapquest i will start with that and see what comes back. As for the PPI refund back in 2010 Egg stated by letter that this was applied to the outstanding balance, i think Egg still managed the account at the time.

Cheers
          Slick
          Last edited by Slickfm; 13 February 2014, 16:40. Reason: Added More

Comment

Hi everyone

MBNA/Arrow Global Credit Card Update:

No action for 6 months until today when i received a letter from Debt Managers offering me a 50% discount on the outstanding balance. As MBNA stated over 3 years ago that they cannot locate the agreement and cannot enforce, i'll just ignore

Cheers
            Slick

Comment

Cheers Deepie, I will send a CCA request off tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply Niddy, i'm not actually sure who owns the debt now, i thought it was Britannica. As i have never CCA'd Crapquest i will start with that and see what comes back. As for the PPI refund back in 2010 Egg stated by letter that this was applied to the outstanding balance, i think Egg still managed the account at the time.

Cheers
              Slick

Hi all,

Received letter from Crapquest stating that they have requested the relevant information to comply with my CCA request, and will forward it once received. No rush now

Cheers
              Slick

Comment

Hiya all

Egg Loan update:

Defaulted 2006
                Current Balance £3500
                Owned by Britannia but managed by Crapquest

This account was deemed 'enforceable' by Niddy over 3.5 years ago. Since then i have been making payments of £52 a month to Crapquest. I have just changed my standing order to £1. This is probably going to cause some upset with them so i'm expecting numerous letters to come flooding in. I've seen Crapquest off on a few other accounts over the years so hoping to fend them off on this one.

I did have to call Crapquest (i know its against house rules) just to confirm that they had my correct correspondence address (which they didn't) they had an old work address and i didn't want any letters arriving there. They tried to get loads of info from me over the phone so just fobbed them off, got the address changed eventually though.

Will update once i receive anything from them, next payment is not due until 29th Jan.

Cheers
                Morning all

Egg Loan update:

I did not make the payment due at the end of Jan. Ignored a couple of calls from Crapquest. Letter received today from HL Legal solicitors saying they have been appointed by Crapquest on behalf of their client Britannica Recoveries, to recover the debt as i have failed to honour my payment plan and they may issue court proceedings if i don't pay arrears (there are no arrears). The next sentence is odd as it states that i have not made any payments since 4.7.11? I have kept up with the plan until end of Jan which is when i stopped the standing order, therefore only 1 missed payment, so they have their facts wrong there.

As Niddy mentioned, i was going to send a CCA request to Crapquest upon 1st contact but seeing as this letter says that they may issue court proceedings should i be sending Threat of legal action letter?

Had exactly the same process with a Cap One account back in 2010 Crapquest/HL Legal ending up passing it back to Cap One. Hoping for the same result here.

Cheers
                Slick
                Hi all,

Received letter from Crapquest stating that they have requested the relevant information to comply with my CCA request, and will forward it once received. No rush now

Cheers
                Slick

Morning all,

Quick update on the above. I have received a letter from Arrow Global stating that Britannica Recoveries have assigned this account to them and it's is being managed by Crapquest. Still no response from Crapquest to my CCA request.

Take care all
                Slick

Comment

Hi everyone

MBNA/Arrow Global Credit Card Update:

No action for 6 months until today when i received a letter from Debt Managers offering me a 50% discount on the outstanding balance. As MBNA stated over 3 years ago that they cannot locate the agreement and cannot enforce, i'll just ignore

Cheers
                  Slick
                  Hi guys,

Quick update on my MBNA account. Arrow have sent a letter stating that they have transferred the account to Restons Solicitors. I'm sure a letter from Restons will follow soon.

Cheers
                  Slick

Comment

let us know as soon as you get the letter from Restons, as they can be quick off the mark to try and take it further

have a good weekend
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers nightwatch, will update as soon as one is received. Hopefully the letter i have from MBNA confirming that they cannot locate the CCA will help to see them off.

Enjoy your weekend too

Slick

Comment

Cheers nightwatch, will update as soon as one is received. Hopefully the letter i have from MBNA confirming that they cannot locate the CCA will help to see them off.

Enjoy your weekend too

Slick
                        Sounds like you've little to worry about there. Good one.

Comment

Capital One Credit Card: Start Date: 10/2004

Status: Defaulted 04/09, Balance £1135 :UE Last payment June 2010

19.04.10: CCA sent to cap one

17.05.10: CCA reminder sent to cap one, received call from capquest on 26 May and letter from cap one allow us 4 weeks!!

01.06.10: Account sold letter sent to Capquest

04.06.10: Reconstituted agreement received from Cap One and letter from Capquest asking for signature

11.06.10: Sent debtors final response letter CCA Received to Capquest

20.06.10: Recieved letter from cap one saying that they have complied with s78, i emailed this to Niddy on 24th June

13.07.10: Sent F & F Offer letter Cap One (Capquest)

16.07.10: Letter from Capquest refusing F & F offer

09.08.10: Solictitors letter from HL Legal recieved sent letter before action to capquest re cap one

13.08.10: Letter from Capquest re Cap One saying account on hold whilst compliance officer investigates

09.09.10: Letter from capquest re cap one, saying account has been passed back to cap one

Awaiting there next move ;LOL
                          Hi all.

Well it's only taken 4 years for Cap One to make their next move. The account has now been sold to Lowells, mainly just a welcome letter introducing themselves. Probably gonna send a SWID to Lowells, then get ready for some letter ping pong, or just sit tight and wait for next letter?

Cheers
                          Slick
                          Last edited by Slickfm; 7 August 2014, 21:25. Reason: typo

Comment

join the rest of us just received the same, default about to drop off in October? Cap 1 off loading for insurance purposes, LOL101, then Low 106 so forth we are awaiting next lame threat which usually is we are here to help you NOT, been thru Freds in the past and sent back to Cap1 etc, we are sitting on it as accounts are in disute and lowells know it and try to convince you it is not.

Comment

Hi all.

Well it's only taken 4 years for Cap One to make their next move. The account has now been sold to Lowells, mainly just a welcome letter introducing themselves. Probably gonna send a SWID to Lowells, then get ready for some letter ping pong, or just sit tight and wait for next letter?

Cheers
                              Slick
                              Hi

If it was me, as it's just the welcome letter, I would hang fire until they write again.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                                Hi

If it was me, as it's just the welcome letter, I would hang fire until they write again.

That is what the rest of us are doing!

Comment

Working...
                                X