GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Slickfm UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slickfm UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Slickfm UE Diary

No worries PlanB

Cheers
    Slick
    Fight the good fight and we will prevail
    Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

Hi PlanB/Niddy,

Please accept my apologies ref my email sent last night re Restons. I will resend (correctly) later on today.

Cheers
      Slick

Comment

It's fine mate. Have replied saying as such
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Slickfm View Post
          I have had no response from Cabot to the CCA request that i sent on 3rd September and the deadline Restons have given me is the 19th October.
          I would send something like this back to Rectums and attach a copy of the CCA Request you sent to Cabot for their records. It is vague for a reason, we don't want them to actually comply with s.78 because if it remains in default then they cannot enforce (s.78(6)) but we don't want to tell them that of course

Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxx

I write with reference to your letter dated 5th October 2015, the content having been noted.

A CCA Request was sent to Cabot on 3rd September 2015 which remains in default; a copy of my request is attached for your perusal.

I suggest you seek clarity from Cabot.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I would send something like this back to Rectums and attach a copy of the CCA Request you sent to Cabot for their records. It is vague for a reason, we don't want them to actually comply with s.78 because if it remains in default then they cannot enforce (s.78(6)) but we don't want to tell them that of course

Dear Sirs,

I write with reference to your letter dated 5th October 2015, the content having been noted.

A CCA Request was sent to Cabot on 3rd September 2015 which remains in default; a copy of my request is attached for your perusal.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally.
              In case you miss this - our posts crossed and you logged off

Comment

Thanks again Niddy the above letter will be on it's way to Restons this Monday

Comment

Good luck Slick xx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Dear Sirs,

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally.
                    Thanks again Niddy the above letter will be on it's way to Restons this Monday
                    Hi all,

Received a response from Restons today regarding the letter I sent them (above). Letter says "Please find enclosed a draft letter which purports to come from you but which is unsigned. You will appreciate that we must ensure we are corresponding with the correct person and that anyone requesting information is entitled to receive it. Please ensure that all documentation is signed failing which we will not acknowledge receipt or provide any response."

Any thoughts folks?

Cheers
                    Slick

Comment

I'll sort you a response shortly. Time to rip rectums a new arsehole.

Please clarify -

1. Did you ever contact them or did they make first contact with you, and what date did they first write?
                      2. Were you sent a letter by the OC / DCA saying it was sold to Restons and if so what date and who sent that letter?

Thanks

* your CCA request is still valid. They're screwed if they issue a claim. Jo would destroy them

Comment

I'll sort you a response shortly. Time to rip rectums a new arsehole.

Please clarify -

1. Did you ever contact them or did they make first contact with you, and what date did they first write?
                        2. Were you sent a letter by the OC / DCA saying it was sold to Restons and if so what date and who sent that letter?

Thanks

* your CCA request is still valid. They're screwed if they issue a claim. Jo would destroy them
                        Haha thanks Niddy. Sorry for late reply (been away for the weekend). Answers to your questions below.

1. No, Restons made first contact with me letter dated 05.10.15
                        2. Cabot sent me a letter dated 24.09.15 in which they mention that they are referring the account to Restons.

As always, i really appreciate your help

Comment

Bump. Reminder for me in morning (it's kinda already morning mind you!!)

Comment

Morning has Broken!!!! lalalala
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all,

Received a response from Restons today regarding the letter I sent them (above). Letter says "Please find enclosed a draft letter which purports to come from you but which is unsigned. You will appreciate that we must ensure we are corresponding with the correct person and that anyone requesting information is entitled to receive it. Please ensure that all documentation is signed failing which we will not acknowledge receipt or provide any response."

Any thoughts folks?

Cheers
                              Slick
                              I would send something like the below, and attach a copy (not the original) of their last letter and your last letter........

Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxxx

I write with reference to previous correspondence the content of which has been noted.

I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that I supply you a copy of my signature. If it is for Data Protection purposes then I can supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you however the question that must first be asked is why did you write to me, using my name, at my home address on 5th October 2015 if you were not certain it was me?

The person who sent the 'purported letter' used the same name, address and reference that you used when you made initial contact and as you've now admitted in writing that you have deliberately sent letters of a legal and sensitive nature to a person that you were not certain resided there, let alone that it was the person you intended to speak to I can only assume you're prepared for the formal complaints that will now be raised.

You and your clients have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address and so I have to ask, if you are so concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken you so long to raise this and why did you write to me on 5th October 2015 if you weren't sure it was me you were writing to (bear in mind no details have changed since the last account activity..)?

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of Data Protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:

Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity; which therefore means that this account looks likely to become unenforceable until such time you actually respond to my lawful request for a copy of the agreement.

I am not going to sign anything as there is nothing that formally allows you to demand such information. Any future failings will be swiftly reported to the regulatory bodies so I politely suggest you adhere to this refusal.

I have nothing left to say to you. My position is now crystal clear.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally

Comment

Brilliant that Niddy, certainly fires one back up Rectums!!

Cheers mate
                                Slick

Comment

Working...
                                X