GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Slickfm UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slickfm UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Slickfm UE Diary

Marlin can be b*ggers so keep a careful eye on them, especially as it's enforceable.

I think you may need to come to some repayment agreement/F&F settlement with them but, when they write to you, I would send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...lst-in-dispute and see what they come back with.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Will do thanks Pixie
      Fight the good fight and we will prevail
      Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

Originally posted by Slickfm View Post
        Morning all

In a good way it was nice to see my diary way down on page 6 of the thread, as i have received no contact from any creditors for over 5 months (until today that is). Still following all the diaries with great interest though!

Update on the TSB/Lloyds Loan account above. 2 letters arrived in the same envelope 1 from Lloyds and 1 from Marlin Europe II, Lloyds say they have sold the total balance and assigned all of it's respective rights, title and interest to Marlin Europe and future correspondence and payments should be directed to them. Marlins letter is confirmation that they have been assigned the debt and that i need to get in touch with their agent Marlin financial Services to discuss how i am going to repay this account.

After 3.5 years it looks like Lloyds gave up on this one. I'm thinking that i should just sit tight with this one and wait for contact from special agent Marlin financial Services?

Keep up the great work!

Cheers Slick

Hiya all,

Just out of curiosity why would Lloyd's sell on a enforceable 5 figure sum account for a lot less to Marlin and not see it through themselves?

Comment

they need to move these on eventually if they are not getting anywhere, it means they've written it off essentially, they also like others to do the dirty work, so keep a mean eye on Marlin like Pixie said.

Comment

Hiya all,

Just out of curiosity why would Lloyd's sell on a enforceable 5 figure sum account for a lot less to Marlin and not see it through themselves?
            Purely a business decision - how much money have they spent already on collection activity and what is going to be the ROI (return on investment) on the account.

If it looks like its going to take many years to make their money back, and they've already spent ££££'s on letters/phone calls etc then there will come a cut off point where the account is not meeting their 'investment criteria'.

So depending on those criteria it makes more financial sense for them to cut their losses (or maybe even make a small profit if they can, once including the tax write off), and sell the account to another DCA further down the food chain.
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya all

Egg Loan update:

Defaulted 2006
              Current Balance £3500
              Owned by Britannia but managed by Crapquest

This account was deemed 'enforceable' by Niddy over 3.5 years ago. Since then i have been making payments of £52 a month to Crapquest. I have just changed my standing order to £1. This is probably going to cause some upset with them so i'm expecting numerous letters to come flooding in. I've seen Crapquest off on a few other accounts over the years so hoping to fend them off on this one.

I did have to call Crapquest (i know its against house rules) just to confirm that they had my correct correspondence address (which they didn't) they had an old work address and i didn't want any letters arriving there. They tried to get loads of info from me over the phone so just fobbed them off, got the address changed eventually though.

Will update once i receive anything from them, next payment is not due until 29th Jan.

Cheers

Comment

You'll be fine. Just tell em straight, it's all they're getting..
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy

Comment

Hiya all

Egg Loan update:

Defaulted 2006
                    Current Balance £3500
                    Owned by Britannia but managed by Crapquest

This account was deemed 'enforceable' by Niddy over 3.5 years ago. Since then i have been making payments of £52 a month to Crapquest. I have just changed my standing order to £1. This is probably going to cause some upset with them so i'm expecting numerous letters to come flooding in. I've seen Crapquest off on a few other accounts over the years so hoping to fend them off on this one.

I did have to call Crapquest (i know its against house rules) just to confirm that they had my correct correspondence address (which they didn't) they had an old work address and i didn't want any letters arriving there. They tried to get loads of info from me over the phone so just fobbed them off, got the address changed eventually though.

Will update once i receive anything from them, next payment is not due until 29th Jan.

Cheers
                    Can't get more than you can afford. If they threaten court then inform them once you've given the court your I/E you will look forward to being awarded a 291 year CCJ................
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                      Can't get more than you can afford. If they threaten court then inform them once you've given the court your I/E you will look forward to being awarded a 291 year CCJ................
                      Cheers SnV,

With regards to all this, i sent a CCA request to Egg in 2010 but have no record of ever sending a SWID letter to either Britannia or Crapquest, so when i receive something from them is it worth going down this route?

I did receive i £700 ppi refund from egg in May 2010 which was applied to reduce the outstanding balance, does me accepting this and still maintaining payments affect me from sending the SWID as above, and trying the UE route with the DCA's?

Cheers

Comment

Why bother mate, send a new CCA and start again - easiest option.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Why bother mate, send a new CCA and start again - easiest option.
                          Okey dokey, will do when they get in touch.

Cheers mate

Comment

Morning all

In a good way it was nice to see my diary way down on page 6 of the thread, as i have received no contact from any creditors for over 5 months (until today that is). Still following all the diaries with great interest though!

Update on the TSB/Lloyds Loan account above. 2 letters arrived in the same envelope 1 from Lloyds and 1 from Marlin Europe II, Lloyds say they have sold the total balance and assigned all of it's respective rights, title and interest to Marlin Europe and future correspondence and payments should be directed to them. Marlins letter is confirmation that they have been assigned the debt and that i need to get in touch with their agent Marlin financial Services to discuss how i am going to repay this account.

After 3.5 years it looks like Lloyds gave up on this one. I'm thinking that i should just sit tight with this one and wait for contact from special agent Marlin financial Services?

Keep up the great work!

Cheers Slick
                            Morning all

First letter arrived from Marlin this morning asking me to get in touch with my proposals for repayment. As you will see from above post LLoyds/TSB have sold the account to Marlin. Going to send SWID and see what they reply with.

Cheers
                            Slick

Comment

Morning all

Keep up the great work!

Cheers Slick
                              Morning all

First letter arrived from Marlin this morning asking me to get in touch with my proposals for repayment. As you will see from above post LLoyds/TSB have sold the account to Marlin. Going to send SWID and see what they reply with.

Cheers
                              Slick
                              Hello fellow fighters,

Standard letter received from Marlin today stating that the account is on hold whilst they await a copy of the agreement/terms from Lloyds. Wouldn't it be great if Lloyds had destroyed it after the account was sold to Marlin, wishful thinking eh?

Cheers
                              Slick

Comment

They wont have destroyed it, but just sit tight until they contact you again.

Comment

Working...
                                X