GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Slickfm UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slickfm UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Slickfm UE Diary

wait for their next missive
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Slickfm View Post
      Hi all,

Another letter received from Lowells (Cap One) account. No threats just asking me to get in touch to arrange a payment plan, they have sent the same letter twice in the last month. I sent them a missing mpt's letter in December but no mention of that in their last couple of letters. See what comes next.........

Cheers
      Slick
      Was just thinking, rather than ignoring this letter (because i did that with the last one) would it be better if i fired something off to Lowells?

Cheers
      Slick
      Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      wait for their next missive
      Hi all,

Another letter from Lowells, "please get in touch, we are here to help, we can check your credit report". They also say that if i don't reply by 26th March that "they will prepare my account for further action".

Any response required yet?

Cheers
      Slick
      Fight the good fight and we will prevail
      Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

They say "further action" to make you think litigation and panic you but it can just mean more letters etc. (as I'm sure you know.)

I think I would send CCA Query- Refusal to Accept UE Status
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          They say "further action" to make you think litigation and panic you but it can just mean more letters etc. (as I'm sure you know.)

I think I would send CCA Query- Refusal to Accept UE Status
          Cheers Pixie,

I will send this letter off on Monday

Slick

Comment

Hi all,

Capital One/Lowells (credit card)

Received a letter from Lowells, which again had a copy of my signed application form and statements. Main points of the letter as follows:

They have complied with all my requests and cannot see any reason why the account remains unpaid. They insist that the account is enforceable and that they bought it in good faith from Capital One. Finally they would like to resolve this matter swiftly and amicably and have closed the account and will not take any further action to recover the debt. This is done with no admission or liability or wrongdoing. We hope that this concludes the matter to your satisfaction.

Sounds like a result to me

Comment

Sounds like good news to me too, well done Slickfm

Best wishes
              IF
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi all,

Received a letter from Lowells, which again had a copy of my signed application form and statements. Main points of the letter as follows:

They have complied with all my requests and cannot see any reason why the account remains unpaid. They insist that the account is enforceable and that they bought it in good faith from Capital One. Finally they would like to resolve this matter swiftly and amicably and have closed the account and will not take any further action to recover the debt. This is done with no admission or liability or wrongdoing. We hope that this concludes the matter to your satisfaction.

Result - well done
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

nice one Slick xx

Comment

Result yay xx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Great result

Comment

Hi all,

Certainly is a result! Excellent news! Copy that letter, and then keep the original somewhere safe!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Hi all,

Nothing to report at the moment, coming up to 4 years since last payments made and it's soooooo quiet Probably jinxed myself now

Cheers
                          Slick

Comment

It does go all nice and quiet after the manic letter sending of the first year or so

I hope you haven't jinxed yourself
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              It does go all nice and quiet after the manic letter sending of the first year or so

I hope you haven't jinxed yourself
                              I have noticed that as I am moving through year 5 and into year 6 that there has been an increase in activity (especially from Lowells), so expect this as it's the creditors last throw of the dice to trip you up before you've escaped.

Thats not to say you'll get the same so enjoy the peace and quiet while it remains
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Hi all,

Nothing to report at the moment, coming up to 4 years since last payments made and it's soooooo quiet Probably jinxed myself now

Cheers
                                Slick
                                oops, it's actually 5 years next month, how time fly's

Cheers
                                Slick

Comment

Working...
                                X