GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Alfies Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfies Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfies Diary

Evening.
    Starting this slightly unusual one as it relates to a current account overdraft and a request for its credit agreement given the newer rules on overdrafts.
    The newish rules say that a credit agreement is required for overdrafts after 2011.
    In this case however the 'draft was originally prior to that. And that is what the creditor has relied on so far.
    But, the rules appear to say that if a prior drafts terms are changed after that implementation date then a credit agreement is required as per the legislation. Thats my argument, as its terms have significantly changed since. in my view.
    To date, it has been to their legal dept for consideration and they have replied saying they wont be taking legal action. They have since offered 60% discount.
    Last edited by alfie; 22 May 2017, 18:12.

Re: Alfies Diary

Sounds like they know they are on a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
      Sounds like they know they are on a loser.

Hopefully

Comment

I've successfully seen off a current account OD using the template letters here The debt is now SB although the CRA default doesn't drop off until later in the summer.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi
          Update; all their discount letters were ignored. I believe this is now statute barred as both the default date and last payment has passed 6 years.

Comment

Working...
          X