GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JASSASBLUE - UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
    Hi All, I'm new on here, Niddy has already assisted me with 1 agreement (thanks). Current position, I am in a DMP with Stepchange and have been for 5 years, 6 more years to go. I think I've just sent them my last payment, they aren't happy with me! I stumbled across the CCA route and decided to progress it.

That's the lot for now, I'll keep you updated. It's early days for me. Stepchange have said they can no longer deal with me as I've initiated the CCA process. The DMP is up to date. I've decided to stop payments from now on, I'm nervous about the whole situation but I know I'm in very safe hands!

Account Owner Originally MBNA, now with Direct Legal Collections, credit file Hillesden Security & MBNA

• Type of account Credit Card
    • Date commenced 18/01/2005
    • Approx balance £2417.06
    • Date last paid DMP 25/12/13
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
    • Status Default 30/06/2009

Letter Sent
    Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
    11/01/14 Letter received from DLC Agreement requested from MBNA
    03/02/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    22/02/14
    Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    19/03/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    14/04/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    01/05/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    11/09/14 Letter received from DLC with a copy of my agreement, not looking good this one, I'll upload it for Niddy, fingers crossed but can't grumble so far!!

Comment

Account Owner Argos

Type of account
      Store Card
      Date commenced
      16/11/2004

Approx balance
      £1590.23

Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
      Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
      Status Arrangement on Credit File

Letter Sent
      Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
      20/01/14
      No response yet
      29/01/14 Agreement received (21 pages of small print) emailed to Niddy

Niddy says ignore

03/02/14 Missing PT's template sent
      14/02/14 Letter received from Argos - Unfortunately we are unable to locate the signed copy of your agreement. We make no admissions whether or not the agreement was actually signed by yourself and reserve the right to undertake a more thorough search should it become necessary for us to enforce the agreement in court. We accept that unless we are able to locate the signed agreement or otherwise prove that it was signed by you it is unenforceable against you.

Finally after 6 years it looks like I'll get a default, this letter is very safe

25/02/14 Default notice received from Argos and notification saying DCA to be assigned. Argos never stopped the interest during my DMP, in fact I owe more now after 5 years of DMP than when I started!!!!

26/03/14 Letter from FRS Financial Recovery Services Letter, Pre Litigation Warning,
      29/03/14 SWID sent
      03/04/14 Letter from FRS - Notice of Intended Recovery, threatening they may refer for a home visit or legal action to obtain a CCJ - I think this has crossed with the SWID letter so ignored
      01/05/14 Letter from FRS - they are delighted to offer me a settlement opportunity of minus 20% - ignored!
      12/05/14 Letter from FRS - asking me to call to make payment - ignored!
      24/05/14 Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery they are now collecting the balance, request I ring to make arrangement to pay.
      03/06/14 Letter from Argos responding to my SWID 29/3/14 - They confirm that they are unable to locate my credit agreement as they have previously notified me. However they do not accept that the agreement is unenforceable and they have sent me a statement, they are to continue with Debt Collection activities. Good luck with that then Argos!
      12/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft, chasing payment and notifying me that they intend to arrange a doorstep recovery visit, consider legal action and adverse entry on my credit file - ignored
      25/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft - monthly instalment offer -
      ignored
      11/07/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Commencement of legal action by external solicitors
      15/07/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft Template Threat Received - Standard Threat-o-Gram sent
      06/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - requesting payment or threat of further debt recovery action - ignored
      06/08/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft - SWID
      17/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Account on hold until they contact Argos
      04/09/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Argos confirm they wrote to me 12/02/14, 26/04/14, 30/05/14, Argos advise the balance is now payable to Moorcroft. What they fail to mention is they can't find my credit agreement!!!! What action do I take next if any?

Comment

maybe http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...firming-no-cca, attach a copy of the Agos letter highlighting the "we cannot find you agreement" part
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Account Owner Argos

Type of account
          Store Card
          Date commenced
          16/11/2004

Approx balance
          £1590.23

Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
          Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
          Status Arrangement on Credit File

Letter Sent
          Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
          20/01/14
          No response yet
          29/01/14 Agreement received (21 pages of small print) emailed to Niddy

Niddy says ignore

03/02/14 Missing PT's template sent
          14/02/14 Letter received from Argos - Unfortunately we are unable to locate the signed copy of your agreement. We make no admissions whether or not the agreement was actually signed by yourself and reserve the right to undertake a more thorough search should it become necessary for us to enforce the agreement in court. We accept that unless we are able to locate the signed agreement or otherwise prove that it was signed by you it is unenforceable against you.

Finally after 6 years it looks like I'll get a default, this letter is very safe

25/02/14 Default notice received from Argos and notification saying DCA to be assigned. Argos never stopped the interest during my DMP, in fact I owe more now after 5 years of DMP than when I started!!!!

26/03/14 Letter from FRS Financial Recovery Services Letter, Pre Litigation Warning,
          29/03/14 SWID sent
          03/04/14 Letter from FRS - Notice of Intended Recovery, threatening they may refer for a home visit or legal action to obtain a CCJ - I think this has crossed with the SWID letter so ignored
          01/05/14 Letter from FRS - they are delighted to offer me a settlement opportunity of minus 20% - ignored!
          12/05/14 Letter from FRS - asking me to call to make payment - ignored!
          24/05/14 Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery they are now collecting the balance, request I ring to make arrangement to pay.
          03/06/14 Letter from Argos responding to my SWID 29/3/14 - They confirm that they are unable to locate my credit agreement as they have previously notified me. However they do not accept that the agreement is unenforceable and they have sent me a statement, they are to continue with Debt Collection activities. Good luck with that then Argos!
          12/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft, chasing payment and notifying me that they intend to arrange a doorstep recovery visit, consider legal action and adverse entry on my credit file - ignored
          25/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft - monthly instalment offer -
          ignored
          11/07/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Commencement of legal action by external solicitors
          15/07/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft Template Threat Received - Standard Threat-o-Gram sent
          06/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - requesting payment or threat of further debt recovery action - ignored
          06/08/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft - SWID
          17/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Account on hold until they contact Argos
          04/09/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Argos confirm they wrote to me 12/02/14, 26/04/14, 30/05/14, Argos advise the balance is now payable to Moorcroft. What they fail to mention is they can't find my credit agreement!!!!
          22/09/14 Template confirming no CCA & copy of letter from Argos sent to Moorcroft
          Letter from Moorcroft:

I can confirm that after investigating the points that you have raised with our client, it is clear there is a clear conflict of opinion here between your perception of the Consumer Credit Agreement rulings and the views expressed by our client. Where I would ask you to accept my assurance that we have been acting in good faith on the instructions of our client, it is clear there is an impasse here with regard to the account. I believe therefore that the most sensible course of action would be for the company to return the account to our client and to cease any further activity with regard to it.

Haha - I'll await the next DCA !!!!!! (Sorry to drone on)

Comment

Hi All, I'm new on here, Niddy has already assisted me with 1 agreement (thanks). Current position, I am in a DMP with Stepchange and have been for 5 years, 6 more years to go. I think I've just sent them my last payment, they aren't happy with me! I stumbled across the CCA route and decided to progress it.

That's the lot for now, I'll keep you updated. It's early days for me. Stepchange have said they can no longer deal with me as I've initiated the CCA process. The DMP is up to date. I've decided to stop payments from now on, I'm nervous about the whole situation but I know I'm in very safe hands!

Account Owner Originally MBNA, now with Direct Legal Collections, credit file Hillesden Security & MBNA

• Date commenced 18/01/2005
            • Approx balance £2417.06
            • Date last paid DMP 25/12/13
            • Status Default 30/06/2009

Letter Sent
            Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
            11/01/14 Letter received from DLC Agreement requested from MBNA
            03/02/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
            22/02/14
            Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
            19/03/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
            14/04/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
            01/05/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
            11/09/14 Letter received from DLC with a copy of my agreement. Uploaded for Niddy
            Not sure if Niddy deemed this UE or Enforceable, the uploaded agreement is on a different thread, DLC requesting affordability statement completion before further action, do I ignore??

Account Owner Allied International Credit, previously Amex

• Date commenced 11/04/2006
            • Approx balance £3112.91
            • Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
            • Status Default 26/07/2008

Letter Sent
            Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent 03/01/2014
            20/01/14 No reply yet
            21/01/14 Letter from Amex returning CCA letter requesting signature and also asking for any previous names (I've changed back to my maiden name 7 years ago)
            24/01/14 Letter Sent http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...d-of-signature
            07/02/14 Letter from Amex with copy agreement emailed to Niddy
            09/02/14 Niddy says UE, send missing PT's
            10/02/14 Missing PT's sent

17/02/14 Letter from AIC dated 12/02/14 demanding payment - ignored as crossed with missing PT's
            22/02/14 Letter from Amex, my Missing PT's letter passed to their Complaints Dept!
            06/03/14 Letter from Amex disputing my UE claim as I effectively signed when I applied online for the card by ticking a box!
            Niddy says: The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004 came into force in December 2004 meaning any online agreements entered into prior to this date still need a signed executed credit agreement. As yours was after this date the tick in the box is fine, however they should supply a copy of the actual tick-in-the-box as opposed to a signed application, if you see what I mean?

It's all very well them saying you did this, so they need to send a copy then to prove it!

01/04/14 Letter from Amex, account transferred to DCA UCA - ignoring until I hear from UCA
            03/04/14 Letter from UCA requesting I call to discuss payment terms
            10/04/14 SWID sent to UCA
            17/04/14 Letter from NCO (where have UCA gone?!) acknowledged my letter 10/04/14 - passed to Amex complaints department - ignored
            20/05/14 Letter from Amex, they've investigated my complaint and sent another letter showing an empty box which I must have ticked when applying (that's my signature!) plus on the basis I used the card they can only assume I was provided with the Agreement etc etc. They are no longer going to discuss this matter and will continue with collection activity
            Balance now assigned to Firstsource Advantage do I send SWID?

Comment

Have you had a letter from First Source Advantage (a DCA not a debt purchaser) or have you had a letter from AIC/Amex to say that they are transferring collection of the debt to First Source Advantage?

If you've had a letter from First Source you can send them the SWID in reply, otherwise do nothing until you hear from them.

Comment

Not sure if Niddy deemed this UE or Enforceable, the uploaded agreement is on a different thread, DLC requesting affordability statement completion before further action, do I ignore??

id ignore it for now but keep us updated.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  Have you had a letter from First Source Advantage (a DCA not a debt purchaser) or have you had a letter from AIC/Amex to say that they are transferring collection of the debt to First Source Advantage?

If you've had a letter from First Source you can send them the SWID in reply, otherwise do nothing until you hear from them.
                  Posted at same time. Yep I agree with your post
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Jassasblue you've posted two different credit card account updates in one post which is a bit confusing to a simpleton like me. Keep info on different debts in different posts if you can

What makes you think the MBNA is either or

Once we know that we'll be able to tell you what's best to send to dlc.

Comment

Thank you, I've had letters from both, Amex saying First Source now dealing on their behalf, then First Source chasing for payment, I'll send the SWID, thank you.

Comment

Jassasblue you've posted two different credit card account updates in one post which is a bit confusing to a simpleton like me. Keep info on different debts in different posts if you can

What makes you think the MBNA is either or

Once we know that we'll be able to tell you what's best to send to dlc.
                        Thank you, I uploaded the agreement and this is Niddy's reply (I can't remember receiving the terms as it was years ago):

This looks UE based on the agreement saying "term 11 overleaf" whereas the mini page overleaf doesn't have 11 terms. Yes on the second recon term 11 is present in 11/04 version in section Personal Info but that wasn't present when you signed. On the latest recon term 11 relates to additional cardholders and definitely wasn't present when you signed.

Its pretty easy to remedy unless you can definitely recall receiving or not those terms.

Next step please?

Comment

I've had letters from both, Amex saying First Source now dealing on their behalf, then First Source chasing for payment, I'll send the SWID.
                          Okay, that makes sense

Here's the up-to-date SWID template letter to send to First Source http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...in-cca-dispute

Comment

I uploaded the agreement and this is Niddy's reply (I can't remember receiving the terms as it was years ago):

This looks UE based on the agreement saying "term 11 overleaf" whereas the mini page overleaf doesn't have 11 terms. Yes on the second recon term 11 is present in 11/04 version in section Personal Info but that wasn't present when you signed. On the latest recon term 11 relates to additional cardholders and definitely wasn't present when you signed.

Its pretty easy to remedy unless you can definitely recall receiving or not those terms.

Next step please?
                            If you've got a separate thread for this MBNA/dlc account can you post the link on here and maybe we'll merge the two to keep everything in one place.

So far I can see that you've sent dlc a CCA and got back an UE agreement which may be temporary because they may be able to remedy that (maybe not ).

Since it's currently UE (in our terms) you could send dlc this letter http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...escribed-terms

Comment

If you've got a separate thread for this MBNA/dlc account can you post the link on here and maybe we'll merge the two to keep everything in one place.

So far I can see that you've sent dlc a CCA and got back an UE agreement which may be temporary because they may be able to remedy that (maybe not ).

Since it's currently UE (in our terms) you could send dlc this letter http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...escribed-terms

Plan B, brilliant thanks for your help, I'll keep my replies separate to make it clearer. I've uploaded the agreement here:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...reement-Upload

Not sure if I'm supposed to paste that link here, that's the other thread I was referring to, not sure if you can see it too.

I'll send the letters as you advise, thanks again

Comment

Not sure if I'm supposed to paste that link here, that's the other thread I was referring to, not sure if you can see it too.
                                Aaah, I see what you mean now. It's THAT thread - the one that only you and Niddy can see. My misunderstanding

Comment

Working...
                                X