GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JASSASBLUE - UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
    Account Owner Argos

Type of account
    Store Card
    Date commenced
    16/11/2004

Approx balance
    £1590.23

Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
    Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
    Status Default on credit file 06/04/14

Letter Sent
    Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
    20/01/14
    No response yet
    29/01/14 Agreement received (21 pages of small print) emailed to Niddy

Niddy says ignore

03/02/14 Missing PT's template sent
    14/02/14 Letter received from Argos - Unfortunately we are unable to locate the signed copy of your agreement. We make no admissions whether or not the agreement was actually signed by yourself and reserve the right to undertake a more thorough search should it become necessary for us to enforce the agreement in court. We accept that unless we are able to locate the signed agreement or otherwise prove that it was signed by you it is unenforceable against you.

Finally after 6 years it looks like I'll get a default, this letter is very safe

25/02/14 Default notice received from Argos and notification saying DCA to be assigned. Argos never stopped the interest during my DMP, in fact I owe more now after 5 years of DMP than when I started!!!!

26/03/14 Letter from FRS Financial Recovery Services Letter, Pre Litigation Warning,
    29/03/14 SWID sent
    03/04/14 Letter from FRS - Notice of Intended Recovery, threatening they may refer for a home visit or legal action to obtain a CCJ - I think this has crossed with the SWID letter so ignored
    01/05/14 Letter from FRS - they are delighted to offer me a settlement opportunity of minus 20% - ignored!
    12/05/14 Letter from FRS - asking me to call to make payment - ignored!
    24/05/14 Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery they are now collecting the balance, request I ring to make arrangement to pay.
    03/06/14 Letter from Argos responding to my SWID 29/3/14 - They confirm that they are unable to locate my credit agreement as they have previously notified me. However they do not accept that the agreement is unenforceable and they have sent me a statement, they are to continue with Debt Collection activities. Good luck with that then Argos!
    12/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft, chasing payment and notifying me that they intend to arrange a doorstep recovery visit, consider legal action and adverse entry on my credit file - ignored
    25/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft - monthly instalment offer -
    ignored
    11/07/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Commencement of legal action by external solicitors
    15/07/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft Template Threat Received - Standard Threat-o-Gram sent
    06/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - requesting payment or threat of further debt recovery action - ignored
    06/08/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft - SWID
    17/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Account on hold until they contact Argos
    04/09/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Argos confirm they wrote to me 12/02/14, 26/04/14, 30/05/14, Argos advise the balance is now payable to Moorcroft. What they fail to mention is they can't find my credit agreement!!!!
    22/09/14 Template confirming no CCA & copy of letter from Argos sent to Moorcroft
    02/10/14 Letter from Moorcroft, account returned to Argos, they are no longer dealing.
    27/10/16 Letter from Moorcroft - they are acting as a collection agent for Argos - ignored
    12/11/16 Letter from Moorcroft -
    threatening further action if I don't respond either a home visit, legal action by Solicitors or an adverse entry on by credit file (hmm there's already a default showing from 2014!) - ignored
    10/12/16 Letter from Moorcroft, threatening further action if I don't respond by 13/12/16
    13/12/16 Letter sent with a copy of the letter I sent on 22/09/14
    28/12/16 Letter received from Moorcroft, account closed on their system, it is in the process of being returned to Argos following my letter 13/12/16 - result!
    19/01/17 Letter from Fredrickson, Argos instructed them to contact me regarding payment of the account, all communication to be sent to them, request to contact for payment and balance increased now £1726.35.

Shall I ignore and see what they send next? Only just bumped off Moorcroft so they're not hanging around!

Thanks

Comment

I'd be sending SWID.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        I'd be sending SWID.
        Thanks Pixie, I'll do just that x

Comment

Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
          Account Owner Argos

Type of account
          Store Card
          Date commenced
          16/11/2004

Approx balance
          £1590.23

Status Default on credit file 06/04/14

Letter Sent
          Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
          20/01/14
          No response yet
          29/01/14 Agreement received (21 pages of small print) emailed to Niddy

Niddy says ignore

03/02/14 Missing PT's template sent
          14/02/14 Letter received from Argos - Unfortunately we are unable to locate the signed copy of your agreement. We make no admissions whether or not the agreement was actually signed by yourself and reserve the right to undertake a more thorough search should it become necessary for us to enforce the agreement in court. We accept that unless we are able to locate the signed agreement or otherwise prove that it was signed by you it is unenforceable against you.

Finally after 6 years it looks like I'll get a default, this letter is very safe

25/02/14 Default notice received from Argos and notification saying DCA to be assigned. Argos never stopped the interest during my DMP, in fact I owe more now after 5 years of DMP than when I started!!!!

26/03/14 Letter from FRS Financial Recovery Services Letter, Pre Litigation Warning,
          29/03/14 SWID sent
          03/04/14 Letter from FRS - Notice of Intended Recovery, threatening they may refer for a home visit or legal action to obtain a CCJ - I think this has crossed with the SWID letter so ignored
          01/05/14 Letter from FRS - they are delighted to offer me a settlement opportunity of minus 20% - ignored!
          12/05/14 Letter from FRS - asking me to call to make payment - ignored!
          24/05/14 Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery they are now collecting the balance, request I ring to make arrangement to pay.
          03/06/14 Letter from Argos responding to my SWID 29/3/14 - They confirm that they are unable to locate my credit agreement as they have previously notified me. However they do not accept that the agreement is unenforceable and they have sent me a statement, they are to continue with Debt Collection activities. Good luck with that then Argos!
          12/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft, chasing payment and notifying me that they intend to arrange a doorstep recovery visit, consider legal action and adverse entry on my credit file - ignored
          25/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft - monthly instalment offer -
          ignored
          11/07/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Commencement of legal action by external solicitors
          15/07/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft Template Threat Received - Standard Threat-o-Gram sent
          06/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - requesting payment or threat of further debt recovery action - ignored
          06/08/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft - SWID
          17/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Account on hold until they contact Argos
          04/09/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Argos confirm they wrote to me 12/02/14, 26/04/14, 30/05/14, Argos advise the balance is now payable to Moorcroft. What they fail to mention is they can't find my credit agreement!!!!
          22/09/14 Template confirming no CCA & copy of letter from Argos sent to Moorcroft
          02/10/14 Letter from Moorcroft, account returned to Argos, they are no longer dealing.
          27/10/16 Letter from Moorcroft - they are acting as a collection agent for Argos - ignored
          12/11/16 Letter from Moorcroft -
          threatening further action if I don't respond either a home visit, legal action by Solicitors or an adverse entry on by credit file (hmm there's already a default showing from 2014!) - ignored
          10/12/16 Letter from Moorcroft, threatening further action if I don't respond by 13/12/16
          13/12/16 Letter sent with a copy of the letter I sent on 22/09/14
          28/12/16 Letter received from Moorcroft, account closed on their system, it is in the process of being returned to Argos following my letter 13/12/16 - result!
          19/01/17 Letter from Fredrickson, Argos instructed them to contact me regarding payment of the account, all communication to be sent to them, request to contact for payment and balance increased now £1726.35
          10/02/17 Letter from Fredrickson, requesting payment or further action
          11/02/17 SWID sent to Fredrickson
          24/02/17 Letter from Fredrickson, account on hold, information requested from Argos

Letter received from Argos, they are requesting a £1.00 fee for the CCA, do I send this? I sent a SWID to Fredrickson.

Argos previously confirmed they have not been able to find my agreement, what next please guys?

Comment

no, you sent a SWID not a CCA request, Ignore , if freds send anything else send them a copy of the original letter from Argos saying they don't have it.
            come back her first so we can help word the letter for you.
            NW xx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As long as you sent £1 when you sent your CCA request in 2014 you have satisfied your legal request

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                no, you sent a SWID not a CCA request, Ignore , if freds send anything else send them a copy of the original letter from Argos saying they don't have it.
                come back her first so we can help word the letter for you.
                NW xx
                Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                As long as you sent £1 when you sent your CCA request in 2014 you have satisfied your legal request
                Perfect, thank you both very much for your help x

Comment

• Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
                  Re: JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Account Owner Debt Managers Ltd, previously Next
                  • Type of account Next Directory Store Card
                  • Date commenced 25/11/2002
                  • Approx balance £601.00
                  • Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
                  • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
                  • Status Default 02/10/2009 UPDATE October 16 - Default Removed due to age

Letter Sent
                  Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter sent
                  11/01/14 Agreement received from Next
                  11/01/14 Email to Niddy
                  11/01/14 Email from Niddy agreement UE :-)
                  Next course of action: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...escribed-terms
                  16/01/14 PT letter sent
                  16/01/14 Another agreement received from Next same as 11/01/2014 - only difference they say balance £201.15 instead of £601.16
                  20/01/14 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd enclosing agreement and asking for payment - ignored as crossed with PT Letter 16/01/14
                  18/03/14 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd chasing for payment, they have contacted Stepchange who inform account closed!
                  27/03/14 Letter received from Parkgate Investigation Bureau (division of Debt Managers) chasing for payment - ignored
                  10/04/14 Letter received from Scotcall - Impending Debt Collection Visit
                  11/04/14 SWID sent
                  18/05/16 Email from Next they are preparing to sell the debt to a DCA - ignored
                  25/11/16 -
                  Notice of Assignment received from Debt Managers (Services) Ltd, they have bought the debt from Next and chasing payment - ignored
                  Daily emails received from Debt Managers asking for payment - all ignored
                  13/12/16 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd, I've failed to respond to their attempts to contact them, the next course of action is a referral to their solicitors to commence legal action or a home visit by their external agents
                  10/01/17 SWID sent to Debt Managers Ltd
                  21/01/17 Letter from Debt Managers Ltd, info requested from Next, account on hold
                  10/03/17 Letter from Debt Managers Ltd, account still on hold, no response from Next!
                  25/09/17 Letter from Debt Managers Ltd, (I've ignored monthly one's since March 17), they state Next Directory are unaware of any dispute on this account and haven't received any contact from me at all. They have enclosed a copy of my Credit agreement (the same one I have had twice before in 2014) also they have attached a statement, only they haven't attached mine, the one I have belongs to a chap down South (full details from them too) and not mine!!!!

What course of action do I take from here? Debt Managers state complaint closed and balance due.

I am approaching 4 years, I just cannot believe it, I hardly hear a thing from anywhere....... Thanks in advance :-)

Comment

• Just resend copy of the SWID dated 10 Jan 2017
                    With covering letter
                    I refer you to the attached copy of my letter dated 10 Jan 2017 recieved and acknowledged by yourselfs..

Say no more and no less

Comment

• Don't tell them they have sent you someone else's details - that could probably be used against them if it ever comes to legal action.

Comment

• If it were me, I would follow the advice from both Roger and Still waving......Send them a one liner referring to your letter dated 10th Jan and say nothing about them sending you the other persons details.

Keep that information very safe.....

See what comes next.......

You have their blatant failure of the data protection act in your back pocket......something I am sure they would do almost anything to avoid the matter coming to the knowledge of the information commissioner - They have handed you an ace card there

Comment

Account Owner Moorcroft Debt Recovery, previously Citi Cards

Type of account
                          Credit Card
                          Date commenced Unknown poss 95 - 96
                          Approx balance £1476.34
                          Status Dropped off Credit File

Letter Sent
                          Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
                          13/01/14 Letter received from Moorcroft saying contact Citi Financial for CCA
                          16/01/14 CCA Letter sent to Citi Financial
                          01/02/14 Letter Received from Citi Cards
                          unfortunately we are no longer able to assist you as your card account has been sold to third party organisation. All information requests (other than data subject information requests under the Data Protection Act 1998) must be requested directly from the third party organisation who purchased your account. They haven't returned my PO either !!
                          03/02/14 2nd CCA Letter sent to Moorcroft with copy of Citi Cards Letter
                          13/02/14 Letter received from Moorcroft - Account in dispute, they are to contact OC, advised I suspend payment and await further outcome.
                          07/03/14 Letter from Moorcroft, failed to pay arrangement, doorstep visit arranged.
                          01/10/15 Annual Statement received from Moorcroft - ignored

01/09/17 Annual Statement received from Moorcroft - ignored
                          08/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft asking me to ring them to make arrangements to pay - ignored
                          22/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft with Monthly Instalment offer - ignored
                          3 x Letters from Moorcroft, they are concerned that I am ignoring their letters, they are in the process of instigating further action, Solicitors etc....

Do I need to do anything? Moorcroft are quite proactive these days with letters.........

Comment

• I would ignore for now, there has been nothing new or threatening.

Comment

• see what you receive next
                              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 13 October 2017, 08:35. Reason: Amended

Comment

Account Owner Moorcroft Debt Recovery, previously Citi Cards

Type of account
                                Credit Card
                                Date commenced Unknown poss 95 - 96
                                Approx balance £1476.34
                                Status Dropped off Credit File

Letter Sent
                                Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
                                13/01/14 Letter received from Moorcroft saying contact Citi Financial for CCA
                                16/01/14 CCA Letter sent to Citi Financial
                                01/02/14 Letter Received from Citi Cards
                                unfortunately we are no longer able to assist you as your card account has been sold to third party organisation. All information requests (other than data subject information requests under the Data Protection Act 1998) must be requested directly from the third party organisation who purchased your account. They haven't returned my PO either !!
                                03/02/14 2nd CCA Letter sent to Moorcroft with copy of Citi Cards Letter
                                13/02/14 Letter received from Moorcroft - Account in dispute, they are to contact OC, advised I suspend payment and await further outcome.
                                07/03/14 Letter from Moorcroft, failed to pay arrangement, doorstep visit arranged.
                                01/10/15 Annual Statement received from Moorcroft - ignored

01/09/17 Annual Statement received from Moorcroft - ignored
                                08/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft asking me to ring them to make arrangements to pay - ignored
                                22/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft with Monthly Instalment offer - ignored
                                I have just returned from working away for a week to a letter threatening a doorstep collector will be at my house on Tuesday 12th December. It says the purpose of the visit is to assist me in establishing contact with Head Office and does not involve recovery of monies or possessions.

Help, what do I do about it? It'll be so embarrassing if somebody turns up at my house!

TIA - Julie x

Comment

Working...
                                X