GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JASSASBLUE - UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Fantastic result! Congratulations.

Comment

That's great news, keep it safe in case they forget what they have sent with a 'confusion' of letters.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
        3 x letters received from Lowells today, 1 x copy of agreement following CCA request, 1 x requesting payment as they've complied with my request and the 3rd see below!!:

We purchased this account in good faith and were not aware of any outstanding disputes. We consider the best way to resolve this matter is to write off the outstanding balance, close the account and remove the default from my credit file.

Happy days, the power of a CCA request eh folks, another one bites the dust, AAD couldn't do it without you guys, big thank you to everyone
        Fantastic!
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wow, thats a fantastic result
          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Awesome result.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wow what a result xxxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Account Owner Argos

Type of account
                Store Card
                Date commenced
                16/11/2004

Approx balance
                £1590.23

Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
                Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
                Status Default on credit file 06/04/14

Letter Sent
                Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
                20/01/14
                No response yet
                29/01/14 Agreement received (21 pages of small print) emailed to Niddy

Niddy says ignore

03/02/14 Missing PT's template sent
                14/02/14 Letter received from Argos - Unfortunately we are unable to locate the signed copy of your agreement. We make no admissions whether or not the agreement was actually signed by yourself and reserve the right to undertake a more thorough search should it become necessary for us to enforce the agreement in court. We accept that unless we are able to locate the signed agreement or otherwise prove that it was signed by you it is unenforceable against you.

Finally after 6 years it looks like I'll get a default, this letter is very safe

25/02/14 Default notice received from Argos and notification saying DCA to be assigned. Argos never stopped the interest during my DMP, in fact I owe more now after 5 years of DMP than when I started!!!!

26/03/14 Letter from FRS Financial Recovery Services Letter, Pre Litigation Warning,
                29/03/14 SWID sent
                03/04/14 Letter from FRS - Notice of Intended Recovery, threatening they may refer for a home visit or legal action to obtain a CCJ - I think this has crossed with the SWID letter so ignored
                01/05/14 Letter from FRS - they are delighted to offer me a settlement opportunity of minus 20% - ignored!
                12/05/14 Letter from FRS - asking me to call to make payment - ignored!
                24/05/14 Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery they are now collecting the balance, request I ring to make arrangement to pay.
                03/06/14 Letter from Argos responding to my SWID 29/3/14 - They confirm that they are unable to locate my credit agreement as they have previously notified me. However they do not accept that the agreement is unenforceable and they have sent me a statement, they are to continue with Debt Collection activities. Good luck with that then Argos!
                12/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft, chasing payment and notifying me that they intend to arrange a doorstep recovery visit, consider legal action and adverse entry on my credit file - ignored
                25/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft - monthly instalment offer -
                ignored
                11/07/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Commencement of legal action by external solicitors
                15/07/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft Template Threat Received - Standard Threat-o-Gram sent
                06/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - requesting payment or threat of further debt recovery action - ignored
                06/08/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft - SWID
                17/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Account on hold until they contact Argos
                04/09/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Argos confirm they wrote to me 12/02/14, 26/04/14, 30/05/14, Argos advise the balance is now payable to Moorcroft. What they fail to mention is they can't find my credit agreement!!!!
                22/09/14 Template confirming no CCA & copy of letter from Argos sent to Moorcroft
                02/10/14 Letter from Moorcroft, account returned to Argos, they are no longer dealing.
                27/10/16 Letter from Moorcroft - they are acting as a collection agent for Argos - ignored

Hmm interesting, Moorcroft send a letter almost 2 years to the day they were returning my account to Argos. They state they are collections agents acting for Argos and will be in touch re repayment options.

I'm ignoring this for now until I hear from them, should I send the SWID when they next contact?

Comment

Ignore they are only collectors who beg not debt buyer, xmas is coming and they need funds for party! no doubt I will get a begging letter as few years now

Comment

Brilliant thank you Tech Clerk, I'll ignore as you suggest.

In December I'll have been on my UE journey for 3 years. Halfway. I don't want to tempt fate but I hardly hear anything these days on any of my debts.

Long may it reign.....Good luck to anyone just starting out, my advice don't panic, and follow the guidance provided at all times. I wouldn't be this far without everyone here

Comment

In December I'll have been on my UE journey for 3 years. Halfway. I don't want to tempt fate but I hardly hear anything these days on any of my debts.

Its great to see the transformation from when people first start out to gaining back control to where you are now and things start to calm down a bit.....Long may it continue

Comment

[QUOTE=jassasblue;364744]Account Owner Argos

Type of account
                        Store Card
                        Date commenced
                        16/11/2004

Approx balance
                        £1590.23

Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
                        Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
                        Status Default on credit file 06/04/14

Letter Sent
                        Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
                        20/01/14
                        No response yet
                        29/01/14 Agreement received (21 pages of small print) emailed to Niddy

Niddy says ignore

03/02/14 Missing PT's template sent
                        14/02/14 Letter received from Argos - Unfortunately we are unable to locate the signed copy of your agreement. We make no admissions whether or not the agreement was actually signed by yourself and reserve the right to undertake a more thorough search should it become necessary for us to enforce the agreement in court. We accept that unless we are able to locate the signed agreement or otherwise prove that it was signed by you it is unenforceable against you.

Finally after 6 years it looks like I'll get a default, this letter is very safe

25/02/14 Default notice received from Argos and notification saying DCA to be assigned. Argos never stopped the interest during my DMP, in fact I owe more now after 5 years of DMP than when I started!!!!

26/03/14 Letter from FRS Financial Recovery Services Letter, Pre Litigation Warning,
                        29/03/14 SWID sent
                        03/04/14 Letter from FRS - Notice of Intended Recovery, threatening they may refer for a home visit or legal action to obtain a CCJ - I think this has crossed with the SWID letter so ignored
                        01/05/14 Letter from FRS - they are delighted to offer me a settlement opportunity of minus 20% - ignored!
                        12/05/14 Letter from FRS - asking me to call to make payment - ignored!
                        24/05/14 Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery they are now collecting the balance, request I ring to make arrangement to pay.
                        03/06/14 Letter from Argos responding to my SWID 29/3/14 - They confirm that they are unable to locate my credit agreement as they have previously notified me. However they do not accept that the agreement is unenforceable and they have sent me a statement, they are to continue with Debt Collection activities. Good luck with that then Argos!
                        12/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft, chasing payment and notifying me that they intend to arrange a doorstep recovery visit, consider legal action and adverse entry on my credit file - ignored
                        25/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft - monthly instalment offer -
                        ignored
                        11/07/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Commencement of legal action by external solicitors
                        15/07/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft Template Threat Received - Standard Threat-o-Gram sent
                        06/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - requesting payment or threat of further debt recovery action - ignored
                        06/08/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft - SWID
                        17/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Account on hold until they contact Argos
                        04/09/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Argos confirm they wrote to me 12/02/14, 26/04/14, 30/05/14, Argos advise the balance is now payable to Moorcroft. What they fail to mention is they can't find my credit agreement!!!!
                        22/09/14 Template confirming no CCA & copy of letter from Argos sent to Moorcroft
                        02/10/14 Letter from Moorcroft, account returned to Argos, they are no longer dealing.
                        27/10/16 Letter from Moorcroft - they are acting as a collection agent for Argos - ignored

Further letter from Moorcroft - threatening further action if I don't respond either a home visit, legal action by Solicitors or an adverse entry on by credit file (hmm there's already a default showing from 2014!). Do I ignore?

As a side issue, it's a while since I donated to the site, when I tried to do this it gave me 3 options, membership, secure thread or site donation, I thought in the past I selected membership but can't remember, do I need to select all 3? TIA - Julie

Comment

I'd ignore them if it were me.

I think it would be site donation....and thank you very much in advance The membership option is for AAD+
                          Last edited by Pixie; 19 November 2016, 18:27.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            I'd ignore them if iit were me.

I thinkit would be site donation....and thank you very much in advance The membership option is for AA+
                            Thanks Pixie, site donation complete, worth every penny.
                            Last edited by jassasblue; 19 November 2016, 14:20.

Comment

Account Owner Debt Managers Ltd, previously Next

• Type of account Next Directory Store Card
                              • Date commenced 25/11/2002
                              • Approx balance £601.00
                              • Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
                              • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
                              • Status Default 02/10/2009 UPDATE October 16 - Default Removed due to age

Letter Sent
                              Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter sent
                              11/01/14 Agreement received from Next
                              11/01/14 Email to Niddy
                              11/01/14 Email from Niddy agreement UE :-)
                              Next course of action: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...escribed-terms
                              16/01/14 PT letter sent
                              16/01/14 Another agreement received from Next same as 11/01/2014 - only difference they say balance £201.15 instead of £601.16
                              20/01/14 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd enclosing agreement and asking for payment - ignored as crossed with PT Letter 16/01/14
                              18/03/14 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd chasing for payment, they have contacted Stepchange who inform account closed!
                              27/03/14 Letter received from Parkgate Investigation Bureau (division of Debt Managers) chasing for payment - ignored
                              10/04/14 Letter received from Scotcall - Impending Debt Collection Visit
                              11/04/14 SWID sent
                              18/05/16 Email from Next they are preparing to sell the debt to a DCA - ignored

25/11/16 Notice of Assignment received from Debt Managers (Services) Ltd, they have bought the debt from Next - outstanding balance £566.16, requesting payment - do I need to send anything off to them at this stage?

Comment

I'd ignore for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X