GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JASSASBLUE - UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

NIddy, thanks pal

Financial chap will be suitably advised. I definitely don't want to reset the SB clock. I'm 14 months into this now and it's going well so far, I get limited amount of letters and I don't want to upset the apple cart. They are both Credit Cards with Barclaycard, they admitted early on they don't have the agreements and there's little chance I'll pay.

I'm going to sit tight with this and let the clock tick down until they should be removed. I was defaulted in June 2014 and I have all the necessary paperwork.

Thanks for the advice, Financial Adviser pfffffttttttt. My 'friends' are better than yours !!

Comment

Hi there

All quiet on the western front? Any news?

Best
      SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi SnV

Mmm I feel like I'm going to jinx myself by mentioning the 'Q' word but yet it is all quiet on the western front so far!

The only problem I'm having is with American Express, I'm receiving letters from 3 different organisations, I'll do a separate post for that next though.

Thanks for the post

Comment

Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
          The only problem I'm having is with American Express, I'm receiving letters from 3 different organisations
          Is that because your the account has been sold on so you're getting a "Goodbye" letter from Amex and a "Hello" letter from a debt purchaser who's got a DCA on the case writing to you on their behalf?

Comment

Hi Plan B, I've got UCA writing and asking for payment, I sent off the SWID and NCO replied, I've now got Firstsource Advantage in India and also Firstsource in UK sending letters too asking for payment, I ignored India as previously advised due to postage costs, do I need to send a SWID to Firstsource UK?

Comment

First source advantage = Belfast? & Cardiff ? yanky company trades in a few countries:=

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Our capabilities span credit cards, bank cards, private label retail cards, automotive loans, personal loans, overdraft accounts, and mortgage collections. The compliance-driven culture at Firstsource ensures that we find the best solutions for our clients. Here is a prime example:Firstsource offers a comprehensive suite of collection service programs, including:
                Scoring strategies and account segmentation
                Dispute resolution
                Customized calling campaigns and letter series
                Skip tracing
                Full account resolution
                Negotiating and monitoring partial payment arrangements
                Credit bureau reporting
                Litigation
                For more information about our Financial collection services, please call our toll free number:
                [COLOR=#00AFFD !important]0800-056-1037[COLOR=#EC008C !important] FREE
                [/COLOR]
                (UK).
                [/COLOR]Disclaimer: Firstsource Advantage, LLC is not affiliated with 1st Source Bank.

Comment

Hi Plan B, I've got UCA writing and asking for payment, I sent off the SWID and NCO replied, I've now got Firstsource Advantage in India and also Firstsource in UK sending letters too asking for payment, I ignored India as previously advised due to postage costs, do I need to send a SWID to Firstsource UK?
                  Oh dear, I'm so bad at deciphering abbreviations for debt chasers. Who is UCA and who is NCO?

You always write to the last person who writes to you which would be Firstsource Uk. I can't believe you got sent a letter all the way from India!

Depending on the tone of that letter you could send the SWID.

I've checked back through your diary and can see Firstsource have been writing to you since October last year and you've ignored all their letters so far. What does this latest one say and does it threaten anything nasty?

Plan B x

Comment

S&V had dealings with them if I remember correctly?

Comment

siness value for our clients.Our Offices
                      India (Corporate Office)
                      Paradigm B, 5th Floor, Mindspace
                      New Link Road, Malad West
                      Mumbai 400 064
                      Tel.: [COLOR=#00AFFD !important]+91 22 6703 5700[COLOR=#EC008C !important][/COLOR][/COLOR]
                      Fax: +91 22 6703 5701
                      UK
                      Space One
                      1 Beadon Road
                      London W6 0EA
                      Tel: [COLOR=#00AFFD !important]+44 20 8237 4500[COLOR=#EC008C !important][/COLOR][/COLOR]
                      Fax: +44 20 8237 4501
                      USA
                      1661 Lyndon Farm Court,
                      Louisville, Kentucky 40223
                      Tel: [COLOR=#00AFFD !important]+1 502-499-0855[COLOR=#EC008C !important][/COLOR][/COLOR]
                      Fax: +1 502-515-5364
                      Philippines
                      5th Floor, Firstsource Building,
                      Plaza D, Northgate Cyberzone,
                      Filinvest Alabang, Muntinlupa City
                      Tel: +63 2 858 2000

Comment

Hi All, I'm new on here, Niddy has already assisted me with 1 agreement (thanks). Current position, I am in a DMP with Stepchange and have been for 5 years, 6 more years to go. I think I've just sent them my last payment, they aren't happy with me! I stumbled across the CCA route and decided to progress it.

That's the lot for now, I'll keep you updated. It's early days for me. Stepchange have said they can no longer deal with me as I've initiated the CCA process. The DMP is up to date. I've decided to stop payments from now on, I'm nervous about the whole situation but I know I'm in very safe hands!

Account Owner Originally MBNA, now with Direct Legal Collections, credit file Hillesden Security & MBNA

• Type of account Credit Card
                        • Date commenced 18/01/2005
                        • Approx balance £2417.06
                        • Date last paid DMP 25/12/13
                        • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
                        • Status Default 30/06/2009

Letter Sent
                        Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
                        11/01/14 Letter received from DLC Agreement requested from MBNA
                        03/02/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
                        22/02/14
                        Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
                        19/03/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
                        14/04/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
                        01/05/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
                        11/09/14 Letter received from DLC with a copy of my agreement. Uploaded for Niddy
                        09/10/14 Letter received from DLC with affordability statement - ignored
                        11/11/14 Letter received from DLC offering 50% reduction to settle today
                        - ignored
                        15/12/14 Letter received from DLC offering 50% reduction to settle - ignored
                        29/12/14 Niddy says UE, missing PT's sent
                        13/01/15 Letter from DLC - they haven't received any contact and the balance remains outstanding, They have instructed Mercantile Data Bureau Ltd, a subsidiary of Hillesden Securities Ltd to manage my account from the date of the letter - ignored until further correspondence received
                        29/01/15 - Letter from DLC, they write and confirm:

1. As the above account does not relate to a fixed term agreement the prescribed terms are not required to be on the face of the agreement.
                        2. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the agreement where you will find the relevant terms of your agreement.
                        3. Due to the above, the agreement complies with all regulations set out by the CCA 1974.
                        4. We are happy to rely o the documents previously provided in any future agreements.

We have provided you with a copy of the original executed agreement along with a true copy. This is more than sufficient to satisfy the CCA 1974 regulations. It is important to remember that the purpose of section 77/78 of the CCA 1974 is to provide information to customers, not to establish whether or not there was a properly executed agreement i the first place or to be used as a tool to withhold payment. Collection proceedings to progress.

11/02/15 Letter from Mercantile Data Bureau asking for immediate payment
                        14/02/15 SWID sent to MDB
                        16/03/15 Letter from DLC, assigned account to Ruthbridge to collect balance.
                        20/03/15 Letter from DLC, response to SWID, they have reviewed my account and find they have complied with CCA. Following query over prescribed terms in January they do not consider the account to be in dispute. They are happy to rely on the documentation in future proceedings.

Hmm ok, should I take any action?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          Oh dear, I'm so bad at deciphering abbreviations for debt chasers. Who is UCA and who is NCO?

You always write to the last person who writes to you which would be Firstsource Uk. I can't believe you got sent a letter all the way from India!

Depending on the tone of that letter you could send the SWID.

I've checked back through your diary and can see Firstsource have been writing to you since October last year and you've ignored all their letters so far. What does this latest one say and does it threaten anything nasty?

Plan B x
                          Hi Plan B, sorry for the delay I overlooked this post. No nothing nasty, just asking for payment. Another letter received today, as they are unable to contact me regarding the balance, they will have no choice but to return the account to their client, noting their inability to reach a satisfactory resolution.

I guess I just ignore? Re the UCA and NCO, it doesn't say who they are, just those initials!!!!! x

Comment

20/03/15 Letter from DLC
                            Really? That's tomorrow. Are you psychic

Comment

Another letter received today, as they are unable to contact me regarding the balance, they will have no choice but to return the account to their client
                              I like the sound of that and so should you

That's your Amex card isn't it?

Comment

Really? That's tomorrow. Are you psychic
                                Hahaha, oops it's been a long week !!!
                                I like the sound of that and so should you

That's your Amex card isn't it?
                                DLC is my MBNA card. The one above is AMEX who have used every single branch of Firstsource Advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X