GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch's Diary

I thought as much.... yes a CCA is here ready to be posted, just need to get to town to do it but work is UBER busy and my boss is a bitch and wont let me have time off... (pssst, I'm my own boss)

Comment

Or they pressed the wrong button on the threat computer. Monkeys do this sometimes. The number of letters we have had following something we have sent them and we think wtf it has no relevance to anything past or present we have ever talked about.

Being cynical and knowing many people blow a fuse when they get someone not listening/saying something not true then many want to sort it out straight away.

Sitting down and composing a letter or even sitting down and composing an email isnt the same as picking up the phone and letting rip.

And you see what they have just done. Whoops you instigated phone contact.

I am sure some letters are monkeys pushing wrong buttons but reckon a fair smattering are designed to rile people with the hope you get to pay the phone bill while they try and extract money out of you.

Comment

Coincidence it arrived the day after Barlcays signed for the CCA request.. my initial confusion was "The assholes, they used the £1 to reactivate payments!" Then I thought.. hang on.. Link was the MBNA card not Barclays... wtf?

lol

Comment

OK I have finally paid off the Tesco Credit Card in full today. I know you all said I shouldn't but I just want one thing GONE and dead so I can concentrate on the other ones.. the Tesco CC was a low amount anyway so not worth pissing my pants over.

Question is... should I leave the card as it is, paid off ... or should I call them and ask them to close the account? Which is better? (am also waiting for results of PPI claim on this card)

Will any of my other debts see the Tesco card with a £2k limit and try to offset?

Also, Niddy... when I donated again just now I got an old page http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...-your-donation ... The donation went through .. it's the return page from Paypal that gave the 404

Comment

Thanks

the correct page should be -> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...-your-donation
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Tesco is independent do no risk of RoSO here. Keep it open. Why not, you might need it
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Tesco is independent do no risk of RoSO here. Keep it open. Why not, you might need it

I hope to never ever EVER need a credit card again! lol ... cheesus Mice it's stress enough with the ones I have! lmao

Plus.. doubt they'd send me a new card after the horrendous way I've handled the account. Although... knowing them, now I am debt free to them they will miss the interest £ coming in so may well entice me back with a new card!

Comment

Anyone know?

oops wrong thread.. lmao

Comment

• Type of account Was Skycard, they changed it to Barclays Gold CC (hubbys)

• Date commenced Sky 2005 - change 2007

• Approx balance £1,663.06

• Date last paid Always pay minimum

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status UTD

• Account owner Barclaycard Gold Mastercard

• Current state of play
                      Stopped paying in December 2013.

Letter received 28th December 'you haven't paid, we can take from current account if you have one'not 100% sure I 'have' one?

Letter received 25th January 'You bad boy, you still haven't paid so we are passing it over to Mercers, which is still us but with a scary name... perhaps... so pay up or we will write to you again!'

Sent CCA request 27th Jan 2014

CCA signed for by Luke Hawker on the 28th Jan

Letter received 4th February saying they got the CCA request and are dealing with it.

Letter received 4th February saying they got the CCA request and are dealing with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCA request aknowledged 4th febraru.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1399324

Comment

Hi Patch...just wait and see what they send.

BTW you don't need to scan every letter...just a summary of what it says will usually do. We'll let you know if we need more info.

When you do receive your cca from them scan it and send it to Niddy as outlined here ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ement-to-Niddy
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Type of account Barclays CC (mine)

• Date commenced05/06/1998
                        • Approx balance £2,481.48

• Date last paid December 2013

• Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying since December 2013

• Status UTD

• Account owner Barclaycard
                        • Current state of play

24th January 2014 - Two texts telling me to expect a text, two texts telling me I am late paying.
                        And now the automated calls have started.....
                        28th Jan - text "Barclaycard are here to help"
                        29th January 0844 calls at 08:51 - 18:43 - 20:15 - 20:16 - 20:16
                        30th January 0844 calls at 08:43 -
                        31st Jan 0844 calls at 09:38 - 19:09 - 20:37
                        1st February - text telling me to expect a text. Text then telling me I was a 'little late' again.
                        2nd Feb - 0844 calls at 09:38 - 18:05 - 20:20
                        4th Feb - 0844 calls at 11:58 - 18:14
                        5th Feb - text telling me I am a little late paying
                        6th Feb - 09:33 - 19:08 - 20:36

8 texts
                        17 calls
                        In two weeks I have had 8 texts and 17 calls to my mobile.... HOW they got my mobile number I have no idea. it's some disjointed recorded voice of a man who can't even pronounce my name right...

Can I send them something to tell them to get the feck off my 'phone or is this something I need to grin and bare.... They haven't sold the account yet.

I'd actually like to CCA them but feel that it might be better to wait until they sell the account as less likelihood they will find the agreement?

Comment

You may be able to block the calls to your mobile.
                          Some phones you can.

Comment

:-(

Two letters.. onefrom hubby's barclaycard containing terms and agreement... no signature though.

One from Lowells with my loan agreement with my ruddy signature from 2008.

Now what.... *sigh*

Comment

Have you sent tele harassment ? xxx
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                                Have you sent tele harassment ? xxx
                                What's that?

Comment

Working...
                                X