GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch's Diary

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
    oohh ok.. why?
    I've checked mine once in 5 years....a few weeks after I checked I got a flurry of letters and phone calls...So it's best to keep under the radar......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's what I thought.

I did however purchase an Experian one a few months ago... oddly on there there was a Capital One search on my husbands name back in October last year... he hasn't applied for a Captial one card?

Comment

• Type of account Tesco Bonus CC

• Date commenced pre 2007

• Approx balance £533.77 (I am not wanting to challenge this one and intend to pay it off)

• Date last paid £30 December 2013

• Are you on arrangement or not paying pay every month enough to cover minimum and interest of £9

• Status UTD but account locked and can't use it, would have to re apply for a new card.

• Account owner Tesco Bonus

Debt number: 6 from OP

OK got a letter this morning, "Please take the time to read this letter and the enclosed questionnaire as we want to check that we sold you your PPI correctly and this letter sets out what action you may be able to take." yadda yadda yadda...

Now this is the card I decided back in 2011 I would pay over the minimum to pay it off as fast as possible, it was well over £1,500 in 2011 and is now at £533.

I had no idea we even had PPI on this card... would they have just sent this letter out to everyone regardless? As far as I know I never took PPI as it's a con.

Will I be rocking the boat for my other debts if I fill in the questionnaire.... I mean if I HAVE been paying PPI then I want it back, although the statements say nothing about PPI

Comment

Debt number: 6 from OP

OK got a letter this morning, "Please take the time to read this letter and the enclosed questionnaire as we want to check that we sold you your PPI correctly and this letter sets out what action you may be able to take." yadda yadda yadda...

Now this is the card I decided back in 2011 I would pay over the minimum to pay it off as fast as possible, it was well over £1,500 in 2011 and is now at £533.

I had no idea we even had PPI on this card... would they have just sent this letter out to everyone regardless? As far as I know I never took PPI as it's a con.

Will I be rocking the boat for my other debts if I fill in the questionnaire.... I mean if I HAVE been paying PPI then I want it back, although the statements say nothing about PPI
          If it were me best to challenge them all in one go....that's the mistake I did.

If you have PPI on this could be enough to pay this with some left for you.....

Might be worth starting a new thread over in the PPI section and di30 will pop in and take a look........
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

oh no I don't want to challenge the Tesco card, would like to pay it off as it's been a 'project' of mine lol ... so I shall fill in their questionnaire and hopefully get some money back and finish / close this card!! I just wanst sure if it would mean the ones I am challenging would say "Hang on, you're asking for a PPI refund and nto paying us?"

Thank you....

Comment

oh no I don't want to challenge the Tesco card, would like to pay it off as it's been a 'project' of mine
              Thank you....

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

LOL what? lmao... I will feel satisfaction that I paid it off, mad huh? Lets say the PPI is £400.. that will be MOST of the debt... one more payment and I can close it with a nice good girl sticker handed to me...

awww.. dont shatter my dreams! ha ha ha

oh and it's hubbys card anyway... would be nice to keep at least his name positive!

Comment

LOL what? lmao... I will feel satisfaction that I paid it off, mad huh? Lets say the PPI is £400.. that will be MOST of the debt... one more payment and I can close it with a nice good girl sticker handed to me...

awww.. dont shatter my dreams! ha ha ha

oh and it's hubbys card anyway... would be nice to keep at least his name positive!
                  OK .........That makes sense if the other cards are all in your name...........

Comment

um..... yeah.... lol They aren't....

Comment

• Type of account Loan HSPF (mine)

• Date commenced original October 2005, asked for more £ in 2008

• Approx balance £15k

• Date last paid Last FULL payment 2012 I think

• Are you on arrangement or not paying Not paying but since 2012 was paying dribs and drabs

• Status um.. haven't paid, it's been sold ... default?

• Account owner Lowell

• Current state of play - CCA signed for 5/12/13

Reply to CCS request - 13/12/13 (letter dated 11/12/13)

Interesting, the amount owed is £2k more than I anticipated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lowell reply to CCA december.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	1398760

Comment

nice good girl sticker handed to me...
                        There's no point having one good girl sticker when everything else is big red crosses. When was the Tesco card taken out? If it was pre2007 I'd be stopping paying and sending a cca request. Better £500 in your pocket than theirs

Interesting, the amount owed is £2k more than I anticipated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10640[/ATTACH]
                        Probably interest/charges.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

In my (naive) head I am thinking IF we ever had to go to court for any of the other 5 debts then we could argue that we never started any of this with the intention to not pay and that we have indeed struggled on and paid off the Tesco CC (and would have paid off the others had they agreed to stop interest the dicks!)... I might be getting PPI money back for the card and then be able to pay the rest off... not sure why I feel so strongly about doing right by this card.. but hubby feels it too.. but yes I take on board what you are saying about the sticker, I was being peurile.. the 'sticker' is more in my head and self esteem.
                          I can't shake off the guilt feelings of my upbringing, if my Dad was still alive he would be dead against me doing this... I think...?

The other 5 debts can get stuffed though! lol

Comment

UE isn't about intention (or not) to pay. It's all about the lenders' legal responsibilities in making sure their paperwork complied with the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Happily for us a lot of it doesn't.

A judge will wonder why you were paying one debt and not the others...you can't show "favouritism".
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

oh... hmm ok that changes things lol

Comment

• Type of account Loan HSPF (mine)

• Date commenced original October 2005, asked for more £ in 2008

• Approx balance £15k

• Date last paid Last FULL payment 2012 I think

• Are you on arrangement or not paying Not paying but since 2012 was paying dribs and drabs

• Status um.. haven't paid, it's been sold ... default?

• Account owner Lowell

• Current state of play -

CCA signed for 5/12/13

Reply to CCA request - 13/12/13 (letter dated 11/12/13)
                                Another reply to CCA request arrived 17/12/13 - letter dated 12/12/13
                                Curious... why have they sent me an almost identical letter dated a day later than the last but only arrived today?

AND... it's from Andr*w B*rtle yet the signature looks nothing like the first letter????

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lowell reply number 2 to CCA December.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	1398808

Comment

Working...
                                X