GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch's Diary

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
    In my (naive) head I am thinking IF we ever had to go to court for any of the other 5 debts then we could argue that we never started any of this with the intention to not pay and that we have indeed struggled on and paid off the Tesco CC (and would have paid off the others had they agreed to stop interest the dicks!)... I might be getting PPI money back for the card and then be able to pay the rest off... not sure why I feel so strongly about doing right by this card.. but hubby feels it too.. but yes I take on board what you are saying about the sticker, I was being peurile.. the 'sticker' is more in my head and self esteem.
    I can't shake off the guilt feelings of my upbringing, if my Dad was still alive he would be dead against me doing this... I think...?

The other 5 debts can get stuffed though! lol
    What you need to keep thinking is this. They have refused to stop interest and charges. Over the years you have done your utmost to repay a debt you owe, but they have never helped you to do this, i should imagine they have increased the apr a number of times over the years, putting you in to a position where anything you was paying, was being swallowed up by interest. If you think about it, you probably would have paid this off years ago, had it not been for the high interest rates they impose on you.

Theres no room for honor with this, where was there honor to allow you to repay the debt at a rate you could afford? A debt is not a crime, the system is designed this way, to place people in debt. If we borrowed money and could repay it at the same rate or slightly more than at which we borrowed, you would be right to feel duty bound to repay it. But they are sneaky, tricky, and would not lose 1 ounce of sleep, if they thought they could get as much money out of you as possible. So when weighing all that up, i dont think you are being un reasonable to say, ive had enough of being walked over. Its that simple.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Anyone seen this before? Sending the same-ish letter twice and the chap having totally different signature... why would they do this?

Comment

they do all sorts of unprofessional stuff, we've seen outright forgeries(got one of those myself), our signatures lifted from other documents and pasted into agreements, we've been told downright lies, abused and generally been royally pissed upon, so in the great scheme of things, a dodgy printed signature is pretty run of the mill.

Don't worry about that, just keep a really accurate file, send the letter and we'll do our best to get you through.

Comment

Well Friday is day 12..... not sure what that means, is that good or bad for me...

Comment

it means that it is UE until they produce a lawful CCA, you just need to hope that they can't find one in the next 6 years.

Comment

Excellent.. Thank you.

As a side note I know it's annoying having the same questions asked over and over and I know that you all are very knowledgeable about the whole process but I still find it a bit scary. Which is why I keep asking questions that to others seem a bit "Oh for goodness sake chill will you Patch"
              It's like when I was diagnosed with a tumour a couple of years back, my consultant kept telling me to relax and that everything would be fine "It's not as horrid as you think!". Well it would for him as he'd performed the operation a zillion times, but it was new to me and I wanted to know everything from who would be in the OR to how big the scar would be (big!!) to what colour stitches I was having.
              Of course NOW... 24 months on I have had other people with the same condition ask me for advise and I am tempted to say "Chill, it will all be fine" because it is. But I remember how scary it was for me 24 months ago (this week actually!)

Anyway, what I am trying to say is I am sure in 12 months time once I have been through all of this I will be confident and sure of what the process is, but for now every signature, every phone-call, every mention of my debts and the UE process makes me sit up and say "Oh what does that mean?!" lol

When I saw Andrews signature was totally different.. and I mean utterly different it started all sorts off in my head LMAO!! So again.. sorry :-) I'm not usually such a worry wart!

Comment

P

We all started that way so I wouldnt worry about being a worry wart too much.

Joining in here is a mind set change from ignoring and hiding from creditors to confronting them. That takes some doing and getting your head around some of the stuff is mind blowing. But by being here you become enlightened. And knowledge is power.

Good to open all correspondence and flag it up here soonest to get the best advice in a timely fashion which enables you to deal with whatever they are throwing at you. It starts with a flurry and many wonder what they have done. But calmer waters follow as the creditors realise this one is no longer to be bullied

Getting the banks and DCA's in a tangle feels very good. Very empowering.

No other industry would get away with the lies and deceit this one does aided and abetted by the politicians.

You will be fine enjoy the ride.

Comment

We got paid early... I usually sit and go through my little household accounts book while also online at the bank and pay off down the list... feel SO naughty putting a big lines through all the debts sections!!! squeeeee

So.. should I put the money I WOULD have paid them to one side or just spend it and have a corker of a Chrimbo? (approx £200)

Comment

Excellent.. Thank you.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is I am sure in 12 months time once I have been through all of this I will be confident and sure of what the process is, but for now every signature, every phone-call, every mention of my debts and the UE process makes me sit up and say "Oh what does that mean?!" lol

When I saw Andrews signature was totally different.. and I mean utterly different it started all sorts off in my head LMAO!! So again.. sorry :-) I'm not usually such a worry wart!
                    Firstly, never ever speak to them on the phone. If they call, inform them to contact in writing only then refuse to answer the security questions.

Dont worry, there will be what seems like a bombardment from them initially, that's the way they work. It will tail off. Just post all letters and updates here and someone will advise best course of action.

Have a look at other Diaries that were started a couple of years ago to see what is usual, but remember every case is different.

Keep all incoming and nd outgoing mail in a folder in date order. Also attach the envelopes that the letters come in to the relevant letter.

Comment

Absolutely.. I do all that anyway and no way do I ever go through any security checks on the 'phone.... my reply is "Well how do I know you are who you say? tell me YOUR date of birth and mothers maiden name" lol they give up and slink off...

oh unless I am calling my bank or business account etc etc....

Comment

We got paid early... I usually sit and go through my little household accounts book while also online at the bank and pay off down the list... feel SO naughty putting a big lines through all the debts sections!!! squeeeee

So.. should I put the money I WOULD have paid them to one side or just spend it and have a corker of a Chrimbo? (approx £200)
                        Enjoy Christmas

Comment

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooohoooo

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                            Enjoy Christmas
                            Ditto

Comment

oooh yesterday was day 12 for the loan CCA request.. not sure what that means if anything lmao... just remembered.. ahhh first Xmyth all relaxed and calm about the doorbell... lol ... what a lovely solstice day it is today too.

Comment

Well the 12th day plus posting is only relevant in that they cannot enforce while they are in default.

Good to hear you are more relaxed about Christmas this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X