GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch's Diary

Well tbh they can keep it for ten or a hundred years, it doesn't matter. Any unlawful and excessive charges can be argued later; but yea maybe sending them a letter literally saying you're not paying this and to take you to court will force their hand.......

also once it's sold to a dca the charges are a lot less. Can you clarify, of the amount owing how much roughly would be charges, would you say?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have no idea sorry... it looks like they slap around £20/£23 a month on as interest. I did write to them a few years ago saying I couldn't afford to pay them if they kept charging interest but they wanted me to do an income sheet to prove it and at the time I couldn't be arsed. I have no access to the account and no bank card or cheque facility... it's literally only there waiting to be paid off and they said if I wanted to have a Barclays account I'd have to apply for one AFTER I'd paid off this one.

Not that I want one!! lol

I've CCA'd all the others now but understand I can't with this as it's a bank account.. it's old though... 1997 I opened it!

Comment

If you go to the templates there is one for bank accounts.

this may be the one....
        http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...request-part-1
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post

this may be the one....

Thank you..
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post

this may be the one....
            Hi.. thanks, I think this is the one someone else linked me to but my overdraft isn't unauthorised yet and I have another £1k to go before I am past the limit... so going by the £20 a month interest I could be waiting another 4 years for it to get to unauthorised LMAO!!

Comment

Oh you're in an approved OD limit lol

Maybe paying it off isn't such a bad idea then.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Oh you're in an approved OD limit lol

Maybe paying it off isn't such a bad idea then.
                Can I pm you (or email) a copy of the statement I received this morning? Might explain it better than my dumb ass.

Comment

Email me please then we'll devise something

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Email me please then we'll devise something
                    Super.. will do

done

Comment

Ok leave it with me for now please.

Comment

• Type of account Barclays CC (mine)

• Date commenced05/06/1998
                        • Approx balance £2,481.48

• Date last paid December 2013

• Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying since December 2013

• Status UTD

• Account owner Barclaycard
                        • Current state of play

24th January 2014 - Two texts telling me to expect a text, two texts telling me I am late paying.
                        And now the automated calls have started.....
                        28th Jan - text "Barclaycard are here to help"
                        29th January 0844 calls at 08:51 - 18:43 - 20:15 - 20:16 - 20:16
                        30th January 0844 calls at 08:43 -
                        31st Jan 0844 calls at 09:38 - 19:09 - 20:37
                        1st February - text telling me to expect a text. Text then telling me I was a 'little late' again.
                        2nd Feb - 0844 calls at 09:38 - 18:05 - 20:20
                        4th Feb - 0844 calls at 11:58 - 18:14
                        5th Feb - text telling me I am a little late paying
                        6th Feb - 09:33 - 19:08 - 20:36
                        7th Feb - 0844 calls - 17:52
                        8th Feb - 0844 calls - 17:40 - 19:59
                        13th Feb - text telling me to expect a text.
                        13th Feb - Text telling me my payment is a 'little' late.
                        17th Feb - text telling me they are here to help if I need them... nope.. I has AAD!
                        20th Feb - 0844 calls at 09:13 - 09:14 - 18:53 - 19:09 - 22:25 -
                        22 Feb - 0844 calls at 09:47 - 18:21 - 20:34 -
                        24th Feb - 0844 calls at 08:59 - 20:18 -
                        25th Feb - text telling me my credit rating could be affected... HA! No shit Sherlock!
                        26th Feb - 0844 calls at 09:31 -
                        27th Feb - 0844 calls at 16:43
                        28th feb - 0844 calls at 09:11 - 18:52 - 20:23
                        1st March - text telling me they have tried to call me, I need to call them or pay at www.I'drathereatskunk.com
                        2nd March - 0844 calls at 09:25 - 17:44 - 19:57
                        4th March - 0844 calls at 08:47 - 18:40 - 20:14
                        5th March - text telling me they have tried to call me, I need to call them or pay at www.kissmyass.com
                        6th March - 0844 calls at 09:25 - 19:01 - 20:34

14 texts
                        45 calls

27th February CCA request sent.
                        3rd March CCA signed for by 'JOHN' .. does this mean the texts and calls will stop?
                        7th March letter dated 3rd March arrives.. they are concerned and I need to pay or they will 'Set off' on my Barclays account.
                        So the letter took 4 days to get here and was apparently sent the day 'JOHN' signed for the CCA... Will ignore for now as it seems the CCA crossed over in the office.

Still getting texts and calls... not bothering me much I ignore them.

I'm not too keen on the threat of SET OFF in the letter... I have a Barclasy current account which is overdrawn but still in authorised overdraft to the tune of £1k still available... are they going to use up that £1k?

Click image for larger version

Name:	March 7th dated 3rd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	1399566

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post

I'm not too keen on the threat of SET OFF in the letter... I have a Barclasy current account which is overdrawn but still in authorised overdraft to the tune of £1k still available... are they going to use up that £1k?
                          Nah they can only use right of set off against an account in credit. Have you sent them the telephone harrasment letter? That should stop the calls and texts.

Comment

Yeah planning on sending that next week when I am in town..

Comment

It's worth sending, I was getting bombarded constantly from Lowell's not that I ever answered, I've not had a call since. I kinda miss their calls, felt rather popular! Ha!

Comment

LMAO!!

Comment

Working...
                                X