GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch's Diary

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
    Looks like Andrew is using an image for his signature now... it is impossible that his siggy is THAT exact each time... especially considering his first one to me!
    on AAD? Or via email? Both are stored into the system so that when he replies it sends a signature...... Not an image either, it's stored in settings.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      on AAD? Or via email? Both are stored into the system so that when he replies it sends a signature...... Not an image either, it's stored in settings.
      ha ha sorry.. I meant Andrew from Lowells.. on my letters attached... oops... I'm a web designer, I hope I am not that ditsy about forum / email signatures! lol

Sorry i should have been more specific.. I forgot the legal beagle on here was also Andrew. :-)

Comment

You need to refresh the page, you cannot thank if you've just replied to a thread then try and scroll up - you need to come out/go back in. So refresh and it'll work again.

Thanks is Ajax operated meaning it refreshes in huge background and there might be a small delay stopping a full refresh so hit F5 and try it manually
        ahh flood control got it.. and yes can now see the thanks...

Comment

ha ha sorry.. I meant Andrew from Lowells.. on my letters attached... oops... I'm a web designer, I hope I am not that ditsy about forum / email signatures! lol

Sorry i should have been more specific.. I forgot the legal beagle on here was also Andrew. :-)
          oh right

When we refer to Andrew on AAD it means our solicitor Andrew

thanks for clarifying - a web designer eh?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ahh flood control got it.. and yes can now see the thanks...
            Flood control on vB relates to the time between posting messages so that a user cannot post spam on multiple threads etc - on AAD it is 30 seconds so you must wait 30 seconds between each post, until you move up user groups in which case it drops to 15 seconds then disappears (like me/mods etc)....

The Ajax refresh is normal, as once you reply to a post you've in essence disabled Ajax until you leave that page or refresh it, that's what hides the thanks button on occasion. It's a vB thing cos our website doesn't do it and I've never coded a site to affect it either so it's new to me, but a vB issue.

Comment

a web designer eh?
              not getting the wink, is it an in joke? lol I know you know who I am and have seen my business pages.. I am crap I know that too.

Comment

not getting the wink, is it an in joke? lol I know you know who I am and have seen my business pages.. I am crap I know that too.
                not at all, it was a wink to say I've seen your work - nothing else - didn't I write and say I liked your site

Comment

lol yah you did.. :-)

Comment

Hello everybody peeps.....

When or how do I go about offering debts 2 - 5 a full and final offer.... I've only just stopped paying them apart from MBNA who are now owned by "Link Financial Outsourcing"...

Do I need to wait until they have been sold before a F&F?

It's all making me poorly, I want these people gone and my life back.

Comment

Made me ill, high blood pressure, then bleeding and in acute ward of hospital for 3 days. Never again, they can all piss off !

Comment

Do I wait until they sell my debt then? Do I then send them a request for a F&F or do I offer them what I want and see if they accept?

Or should I ask for a F&F from them even though Barcalay cards aren't defaulted yet.. so confusing... I'm so stupid for ever getting credit.

Comment

Do I wait until they sell my debt then? Do I then send them a request for a F&F or do I offer them what I want and see if they accept?

Or should I ask for a F&F from them even though Barcalay cards aren't defaulted yet.. so confusing... I'm so stupid for ever getting credit.

Best waiting until they sell it on ....But don't rush into anything too quickly......

I'm 5 years in things do get a lot easier as time goes by.....
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It does get easier i promise. At the start you feel like every post has a letter from an OC or DCA that you have to deal with, after a few months, it calms down. If you can, please try to hold on for a little longer.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              It does get easier i promise. At the start you feel like every post has a letter from an OC or DCA that you have to deal with, after a few months, it calms down. If you can, please try to hold on for a little longer.
                              Absolutely agree - I'm now 18 months into my UE journey after almost 3 years of doing a self managed DMP. I actually received MORE letters and hassle from creditors while on the DMP than I have done the last 12 months of trying the UE route. It would seem that if they think they have a sniff of getting money out of you they will hassle you endlessly, which is why I would wait a fair bit longer yet before considering F&F letters.

You'll also notice once you've been doing this a while that you get 'letter cycles' which tend to be just before Christmas (as they think this is when people will have money so will hassle), and also end Feb/early March (as near end of financial year).
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Ha ha... just got a pre-selected letter from Vanquis.. apparently I already have a starting credit limit of £1k..

yeah I think not...

Comment

Working...
                                X