GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch's Diary

• Type of account Was Skycard, they changed it to Barclays Gold CC (hubbys)

• Date commenced Sky 2005 - change 2007

• Approx balance £1,663.06

• Date last paid Always pay minimum

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status UTD

• Account owner Barclaycard Gold Mastercard

• Current state of play
      Stopped paying in December 2013.

Letter received 28th December 'you haven't paid, we can take from current account if you have one'not 100% sure I 'have' one?

Statement arrived 20th January 2014 with an Office of Fair Trading 'Arrears' leaflet in with it. Balance now at £1,722.

Statement arrived today 20th January 2014 with an Office of Fair Trading 'Arrears' leaflet in with it. Balance now at £1,722.
    Filed and ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
      Statement arrived today 20th January 2014 with an Office of Fair Trading 'Arrears' leaflet in with it. Balance now at £1,722.
      Filed and ignored.
      That's the spirit
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Do I need to wait until they have been sold before a F&F?

It's all making me poorly, I want these people gone and my life back.
        Please don't let it make you feel poorly

I would wait until the debts have been sold on before you do anything. I don't know why you're thinking of F&F settlements as you don't know yet if they're UE or not. I know you want them out of your life but it can actually be quite "enjoyable" playing the game with the banks/dcas. It sounds daft but you actually miss the letters in a way once they stop coming at such regular intervals.

I'm so stupid for ever getting credit.
        No you are not!!! Credit was thrown at us willy-nilly. The banks were the stupid ones.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Type of account Barclays CC (mine)

• Date commenced Around '97

• Approx balance £2,481.48

• Date last paid I always pay the minimum quit in December 2013

• Status UTD

• Account owner Barclaycard
          Had a text at 11am to tell me to expect a text.
          Immediately I got a text from a different number telling me my payment is 'a little late this month' .. oh noes! Whatever shall I do!

Another text at 12 telling me to expect a text.
          Immediately the same text as before about being a 'little late'

No idea how they got my mobile number unless I gave it to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            I've checked mine once in 5 years....a few weeks after I checked I got a flurry of letters and phone calls...So it's best to keep under the radar......
            So am i right if you check your credit file they are monitoring when and then start bombarding you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon2345 View Post
              So am i right if you check your credit file they are monitoring when and then start bombarding you?
              Yep........ best stay away if you ask me..........

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                Yep........ best stay away if you ask me..........
                Really? I thought thats personal information only you can access or if you authorise a company to search your file?

So what are they looking for when you access your credit file?

Comment

I'd like to expedite my lot into action so should I check all the credit doo-dahs? Would that alert everyone and get them writing to me?

What ones are there? I only know of Experian...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon2345 View Post
                    Really? I thought thats personal information only you can access or if you authorise a company to search your file?

So what are they looking for when you access your credit file?
                    Contact details I should imagine

Comment

I'd like to expedite my lot into action so should I check all the credit doo-dahs? Would that alert everyone and get them writing to me?

What ones are there? I only know of Experian...
                      I use Noddle as it's free! Don't think it is as accurate as Experian etc, might be best leaving it be though as Deepie suggested.
                      Last edited by Loopyloo; 24 January 2014, 18:36.

Comment

Never ever ever looked at my credit file. Why should I? I know it's trashed umpteen times by Banks and Debt collectors who seem to think I owe them. Think not.

Comment

There is Experian, Equifax & CallCredit (Noddle is the free CallCredit version).

Lenders or agents with whom you have business such as a dca, can regularly search your file or use tracing services to search your details against an analytical company such as N Hunter.

Try & avoid searching your file as Experian, for one, alert creditors if you suddenly pop up via search or you've applied for your file. It's not worth it if you're fighting UE. Just forget it for a few years!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            There is Experian, Equifax & CallCredit (Noddle is the free CallCredit version).

Lenders or agents with whom you have business such as a dca, can regularly search your file or use tracing services to search your details against an analytical company such as N Hunter.

Try & avoid searching your file as Experian, for one, alert creditors if you suddenly pop up via search or you've applied for your file. It's not worth it if you're fighting UE. Just forget it for a few years!
                            Many thanks Niddy thing is I used equifax before Xmas to just have a look how many defaults I had left and I noticed Apex had been searching me. It stated it under searches. Equifax another one who will report?

Comment

• Type of account Was Skycard, they changed it to Barclays Gold CC (hubbys)

• Date commenced Sky 2005 - change 2007

• Approx balance £1,663.06

• Date last paid Always pay minimum

• Status UTD

• Account owner Barclaycard Gold Mastercard

• Current state of play
                                Stopped paying in December 2013.

Letter received 28th December 'you haven't paid, we can take from current account if you have one'not 100% sure I 'have' one?

Letter received 25th January 'You bad boy, you still haven't paid so we are passing it over to Mercers, which is still us but with a scary name... perhaps... so pay up or we will write to you again!'

Just got this... is now a good time to send a CCA or should I wait until Mercers write to me? Or wait until they sell it to a DCA?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 25th havent paid we threaten.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	1399218

Comment

Send them a CCA, urgently. Then check terms & conditions, including variations. If there is no right of set off in original or varied terms, you will have a FOS case for refund. Barclays had to alter T&C last October for current accounts to clarify this.

Comment

Working...
                                X