GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bricktop's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricktop's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bricktop's UE Diary

Access card was Mastercard, originaly as I had.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes
      Access changed to Mastercard.Originally you could only buy petrol and clothing but not food and you could not get cash out(a very primitive card by nowadays standard) then big changes with the intro of MC( Cerainly with NW)
      GM

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
        Indeed, I had an access card in 1972. The bank just sent it to me.

All changed for cards after 85. There had to be an agreement.

If your agreement was before may 85, then it would not fall under the 1985 changes to the CCA.

For court, it would just come down to a matter of evidence. The CC company could prove that you had used the card and would doubtless argue that there was no need to provide original terms pre 85, just those current ones.

How they would ever prove that they had the right to vary the interest rate or other conditions, I don't know. Perhaps they dont.
        mmmm seems they can be quite flexible with your flexible friend access

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          Jeebus, the grey matter is on overdrive now.....

I 'think' what happened was this, I may have got a flyer for a loan, went to the bank and was told if I upgraded the current account to the advantage gold account the rate for the loan would be cheaper than the advertised rates so it would be in my interest long term to upgrade the account.

So I probably signed several bits of paper and part of the upgrade was the Visa gold card. (possibly ?)

Exact circumstances may be a bit off, but sure that visa card was there or thereabouts when all my accounts turned 'gold' ( especially for those robbing )

And it may have been mid '90's rather than early '90's, can't remember exactly and none of the paperwork they sent me in response to my CCA request has a date on it !

I am liking the idea of the template letter 'run along, photocopy my CCA and pop it in the post to me' .... worth a bash ?
          Well this is clearly a different account.

You must get back to them firmly stating that the card you require the s78 info on is the 90's card. A completely different product and don't be put off by their crap.

Comment

4/9/12

Bricktop in reply to the t&c's they sent: Where is my true copy of my agreement letter sent (the 'pop it in the post' template)

Nat West: you still haven't paid us our monthly £1, will commence further proceedings for the recovery of our money.
            Last edited by Bricktop; 6 September 2012, 20:16.

Comment

14/09/12

Nat West: Blah... Blah.. We have complied with your S78 request, a true copy does not need to include signature or dates of signatures.... we have complied with the regulations made for controlling what is a 'true copy'.... we don't consider this account to be in dispute... we see no reason to enter into further correspondence re alleged cca breaches.... we will be pursuing for repayment.

I still think if they had a copy they would send it.

So I will treat Nat West the same as Cap One and Amex, (no agreement but they are going to try and baffle me with bullshit to try and get the money).

Comment

Sounds like the usual nonsense they send out...
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

18/09/12: DLC - still waiting for cca from MBNA

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    18/09/12: DLC - still waiting for cca from MBNA

Had many a nights sleep waiting for O.Hs so called non agreement she never made with them couple of years ago, as they bought accounts from other companies, and in the end they sent her a copy of a MBNA agreement with a siggy on it, naughty naughty, lifted siggy, seeing she never took it out with them?? they ran away and passed to DCAs who have run away as well. The CCA was a small bit of paper with siggy and address on it nothing else.
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 18 September 2012, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                      How long have you been waiting? You may be a candidate for the exclusive MBNA Have Lost It Club!
                      They have only been looking for 3 months........ lol !

Comment

20th September: 2 letters arrived today.

Cabot have bought the account I held with Halifax. Now Halifax have previously confirmed there is no CCA so what should I hit Cabot with to explain they have bought a big fat lemon ?

Nat West have written asking for £1 and a signature re S78 request.

A brief history on this, after numerous requests I eventually sent £1 and a sig on anti-tamper, they in turn sent back t&c's (no sig, no dates) and said they have complied. I then responded with the 'pop the CCA in the post to me' template, and this is their reply asking for another quid and a signature.

Should I write back saying they have already had my quid and sig or just leave them alone for a while and see what happens ?

Comment

Cabot I would just wait until they contact you

the eejits at Natwest (who appear not to be able to read) I would send a one liner referring them by date to your previous letter and tell them when it was signed for.

Comment

Thanks, I will send the one liner off to Nat West

It was Cabot who wrote to me saying they have bought the account, not heard from Halifax since they confirmed they don't have the CCA

Comment

is it a notice of assignment or a chasing letter?

if its a NOA I'd wait until someone contacts you with a chaser
                              if it is a chaser I'd send this

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Comment

It's an NOA, so will wait for next one.

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X