GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA Requests - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Requests

Hi,

Im a newby - so please bear with me.
    My partner suffers from bi-polar disorder, and as a result has a substantial amount of debt, I'm currently trying to help him resolve his problems.

We have sent CCA requests to Link Financial and Cabot 3 months ago, after numerous chasing letters, telling them they are in default, we still haven't had a response from them (Link have sent a copy but no t&c's). Does anyone have any ideas of what we should do next?

Both companies have told my partner he must continue to pay, Cabot have even asked him to increase his payments even though they can supply no proof of the debt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: CCA Requests

Hi and welcome to AAD, could you supply us with some more info?

Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!

If you have a look at the other diaries in the diaries section, they'll give you an idea of the ideal layout.

How old are the debts and is your partner actually still paying?
    Last edited by diddlydee; 7 November 2011, 22:07. Reason: Clicky linked

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. The debts are pre 2005 I think. My partner is still currently paying Cabot and Link.

I forgot to mention we have sent both companies the Debt & Mental Health Evidence form which my partners GP completed for him.

Unfortunately I'll need to get some more detailed info from him for you to be able to help us I think.

Comment

Did you ever get anything back from the CCA requests?
        Please remember that DCAs will tell you absolutely anything to get you to pay, most don't give a fig what the state of your health is.

Have you had any correspondance since you sent the CCAs and the DMHE forms?

Comment

Hi

We received a copy credit agreement from link but there was no terms and conditions or a letter showing they had bought the debt. Haven't revived any agreements from Cabot, we asked for 4 in total.

Link haven't acknowledged the mental health form, Cabot have sent us a blank copy of the same form we have sent them!

I think both of them or stringing us along, they are always telling my partner he has to pay the debt, which he is doing at the moment.

We sent the same forms to a company called Robinson who have replied to say they have written the debt off - result!

Comment

Can you lay out a diary so that we can have a look at amounts and dates?

Comment

Working...
            X