Quandary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quandary

Wife received a letter today from Bryan Carter Solicitors acting on behalf of Lowell Financial.

They amount due is £116.09, which I think is for an old mobile phone contract.

Now the quandary is, to CCA them and go down the unenforceability route or because it's not really a big amount to offer them a low (maybe 25%ish - £30) amount in a F&F settlement, in exchange for the default removal?

My initial thoughts is to go down the CCA route, not to get out of paying it, but then if that doesn't work, then we have always got the F&F route to fall back on.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

Re: Quandary

Originally posted by Fergie76
    Thoughts?

Cheers.
    My thoughts are forget it! Mobiles, as with other utilities, are CCA exempt so you have no legal fight whatsoever - consider a £50 F&F settlement offer. No more than that.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
      Thoughts?

Cheers.
      My thoughts are forget it! Mobiles, as with other utilities, are CCA exempt so you have no legal fight whatsoever - consider a £50 F&F settlement offer. No more than that.
      Ah, Ok.

That's why I posted here first. ;LOL

Is it worth, trying to get the default removed also, or wasting our time?

Comment

Thoughts?

Cheers.
        Ah, Ok.

Is it worth, trying to get the default removed also, or wasting our time?
        Try it see here: viewforum.php?f=55

Try this template here: viewtopic.php?p=130#p130
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

[quote=never-in-doubt][quote=Fergie76][quote="never-in-doubt":3on3qr3o][quote=Fergie76]Thoughts?

Cheers.[/quote]

My thoughts are forget it! Mobiles, as with other utilities, are [b]CCA exempt so you have no legal fight whatsoever[/b] - consider a £50 F&F settlement offer. [b]No more [/b]than that.[/quote]

Ah, Ok.

Is it worth, trying to get the default removed also, or wasting our time?[/quote]

Try it see here: [url="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=55"]viewforum.php?f=55[/url]

Try this template here: viewtopic.php?p=130#p130[/quote:3on3qr3o]

Aye, I seen your template, that's what gave me the idea.

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

I'm beginning to think that Niddy has a template for everything...
            Nuff says... "Don't take yourself too seriously!"

10 loans/credit cards - 3 confirmed UE, 3 recon/copy received, 3 not received a CCA reply, 1 might be enforceable

Comment

Originally posted by enoughisenough
              Send the following template to forum members that are smart arses lol: ;LOL ;LOL

Comment

Send the following template to forum members that are smart arses lol: ;LOL ;LOL
                I was hoping it was true!!! 2
                Nuff says... "Don't take yourself too seriously!"

10 loans/credit cards - 3 confirmed UE, 3 recon/copy received, 3 not received a CCA reply, 1 might be enforceable

Comment

I was hoping it was true!!! 2
                  you know me, lol, answer [size=5]template[/s] for everything ;LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X