GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moorcroft and Wescot are not the DP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moorcroft and Wescot are not the DP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft and Wescot are not the DP

Five of my accounts are with Moorcroft and another two with Wescot. I sent CCA request letters for all of them recently and have received replies which in all cases say .... "in line with our client's procedure you are required to contact our client directly..." or .. "we are not the creditor for this account but are instructed on behalf of the client".

I'd thought Moorcroft in particular were a DP; most of their letters say they own the debt.

This seems like a considerable blow as I thought the OC had in fact sold the debt; that they haven't probably means there's more chance they will have all the original documentation so as to prove EN. Or is that not necessarily the case? All debts are Pre 2007.

The Moorcroft accounts are with Citicards (3) and Egg (bought by Barclaycard?) (2).The Wescot accounts are with Halifax and Barclaycard.

Grateful for any opinions or advice if possible please!!

Thanks

Re: Moorcroft and Wescot are not the DP

Moorcroft (and maybe Wescot) seem to mostly collect on behalf of a client rather than buying. They can send an agreement request on to their clients, but if you have sent a request to them with the fee specifically payable to them then they probably won't deal with it if they haven't bought the debt. If they had bought the debt then you should have had a formal Notice of Assignment, from the creditor as well.
    If the requests and payments have been returned to you, just send the requests to the creditors with payment payable to the respective creditor.
    If though they have actually bought the debt then they are themselves responsible for a formal agreement request.
    Last edited by alfie; 23 May 2017, 17:52. Reason: corrections

Comment

They are collectors not debt purchasers work on commissioins
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by alfie View Post
        Moorcroft (and maybe Wescot) seem to mostly collect on behalf of a client rather than buying. They can send an agreement request on to their clients, but if you have sent a request to them with the fee specifically payable to them then they probably won't deal with it if they haven't bought the debt. If they had bought the debt then you should have had a formal Notice of Assignment, from the creditor as well.
        If the requests and payments have been returned to you, just send the requests to the creditors with payment payable to the respective creditor.
        If though they have actually bought the debt then they are themselves responsible for a formal agreement request.
        Thanks for this Alfie. Since I posted this its working-out just as you've described. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X