GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script OC has combined amounts from current account and credit card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OC has combined amounts from current account and credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC has combined amounts from current account and credit card

One of my debts (no. 21 in my UE diary) is the combination of the overdraft from a First Direct current account and a First Direct credit card. I sent a very inaccurate CCA request to Metropolitan Collection Services last December (before I found AAD!) and in their reply, HSBC chose to concentrate only on Section 78 saying it doesn't apply to current accounts. They went on to say......."The overdraft agreement provides the credit and this sits separately from the current account agreement".

When sending them a proper CCA request this time, do I have to amend the AAD CCA template in any way please? I wouldn't have thought so as both the overdraft and credit card are covered by the same CCA sections as HSBC seem to be saying? Should I ask them to confirm the amounts of the overdraft and credit card separately?

The chances of the account being UE seem remote anyway as the debt is still with the OC and surely they'd be able to provide all the relevant documentation as prescribed by the CCA!??! Although both the current account and credit card date from well before April 2007 so maybe?

Thanks

Re: OC has combined amounts from current account and credit card

This is the thread that covers overdrafts. http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information

Comment

Thanks JLC, much appreciated.
      Originally posted by JLC View Post
      This is the thread that covers overdrafts. http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information

Comment

HSBC ..Did that with me over 6 years ago now ...combined my Overdraft with a Loan ...It's SB now
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Congrats Deepie. Result!!

Comment

Working...
          X