GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Card Agreement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Card Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Agreement

I asked for an original credit card agreement from my creditors only 1 company responded, which looked like a photocopy which someone in their bedroom and cheap printer has made up.

Question is when you sign up for credit is their a proper credit agreement like an original not photocopy which is signed in ink?

For example company when providing ID and proof of address don't accept photocopies and some ask it to be certified by a solicitor is it the same concept that these banks should be adhering to?

Also, if they fail to provide you with a credit agreement when asked or even advise you on how to obtain one or sent any request forms is your debt still enforceable by courts? I would imagine the judge would rule well you didn't provide a credit card agreement which he/she wanted therefor dismissed?

Re: Credit Card Agreement

Could you send this over to Niddy with your username in the title ,I'm sure he will take a look.
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

His username is not found through private message?

Comment

Niddy's user name is Never-In-Doubt but Niddy's easier to say.

If you're going to send an agreement for him to check over, email it to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk and put your username in the subject line.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks Pixie xxx to the rescue .

Comment

Does Niddy check credit agreements to see if they are enforceable? Is he/she a qualified debt solicitor?

Comment

Yes Niddy checks agreements to see if they are enforceable in his opinion...and it is only his opinion. However he has checked many, including mine, over the years. When you send an agreement he needs to see all the details so nothing should be blocked out.

He is not a qualified debt solicitor, we tend to use our solicitor to deal with claims.

Comment

what if you have asked for a original credit agreement through a letter of your own and they haven't sent you it? I did not include £1 fee nor did I ask for a form i may be getting mixed up with a subject access request?

Comment

They are under no obligation to send you an agreement if you don't send the £1 fee. A SAR request needs a fee of £10.

Comment

I didn't know you had to send a £1 fee or fill out some sort of request form for an agreement. They haven't even advised my options? Could I dispute this if they take me to court? I asked for 4 bits of documentation about my account they have sent me nothing probably because they haven't got it or can't be bothered printing and sending?

Comment

I'm getting a bit confused. Are you talking about different debts in post #1 and post #10?

If you've requested agreements simply by writing your own letter and not enclosing the £1 fee then it isn't surprising that they've ignored you. And they certainly aren't going to advise you of your options!

I suggest that you send the cca request template (in the template section at the top of the page) plus the £1 fee to the creditors that haven't responded to you. Our templates are very carefully worded which is why it's better to use them than your own letters.

Comment

Rest assured what ever you send Niddy stays with him which is why Pixie said leave no details out, no one else will see it .We trust him completely he has helped all of us over years.

Comment

So, why did HBOS send me a credit agreement and not the others? I didn't pay the £1 fee? Confused.

Comment

They sent it because you requested it, however, if a letter is not sent quoting the relevant legislation and £1 the fact that an agreement has not been sent cannot be used as a defence.

I think you are getting confused and ahead of yourself. You need to send the letter that Pixie told you with £1 and proof of postage. After 12+2 days if you have not received your agreement it becomes UE; however a lot of companies send out documents which are not legally binding to try and fob you off. Niddy checks these agreements and only he sees them; this is totally confidential which is why you are asked not to delete any details.

Comment

Working...
                            X