GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax CCA, application form & reconstructed CCA. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax CCA, application form & reconstructed CCA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax CCA, application form & reconstructed CCA.

Hi I'm in need some some advice, I've put my Halifax credit card account into dispute, as I've requested a CCA and in return received a reconstructed copy along with an application form that looks like a spider has called across it! I can't understand any of the information on application form, I'm asking after putting my account into disput and sending it in registrard delivery, asking once again for a complete CCA, they have just sent me the same information. Any info greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Re: Halifax CCA, application form & reconstructed CCA.

Hi! welcome:- upload your agreement to our Unenforceability Checking Service-Online Portal.

fill this in and then send with copy as instructed
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for your email. Please reply to me with a copy of the CCA.

Regards dispute; you don't put it in dispute. The fact that they're in default of any CCA request means you simply await their next action and deal with it as and when. You don't put it in dispute, that's not how UE works. Send me the CCA then we can advise best next steps
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok this is

When did you last pay into this? Have you been defaulted? Do you have other debts?

Silence is kinda key from here in.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Ok this is

When did you last pay into this? Have you been defaulted? Do you have other debts?

Silence is kinda key from here in.....
          Hi last paid two months ago and then five pounds this month, so I've last sent a letter saying I'm putting the account into dispute, so now if they send letters or call I should refuse to speak to them? Or do I send a letter everytime they do etc? No other debts, a ccj that was paid in full within the thirty days but still given from the water board. Apart from this a next account which I pay monthly. Also do I say I'm not acknowledging this debt?
          Last edited by Bubbiz; 9 September 2016, 13:23. Reason: Adding info

Comment

if you stop paying you'll be defaulted. Is it really worth it?

The ccj shouldn't be there if you paid in 30 days.

Comment

Well as its not enforceable I don't know, the debt is 9,000, I've asked for a complete CCA, this they have not given, just the reconstructed and the original application form which is illegible. What would you suggest I do? This card was opened in 2006.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

It will knacker your credit file. You'll get defaulted. It's your call. We can't suggest anything as each has its own merit.

Would I personally do it for one debt? No.

Comment

Ok thanks, little annoyed that they haven't got a real CCA and my info has been lost. Even if it's not enforceable they are allowed to put it on my credit file?

Comment

Also if I carry on paying, I can't argue the toss that they have lost my info?

Comment

They do have your info. A recon is a lazy way to respond to s.78 using set templates. Push them and they *could* remedy and produce a compliant agreement.

If you're not bothered about a default for 6 years then try the UE route but it's risky for just one debt. AAD is designed to be a last resort when the shit's hit the fan and you're getting threats because you're borrowing from Peter to pay Paul and literally can't sleep due to the debt stress. If it's just a solitary debt; and you've otherwise got a good credit file then I'd not jeopardise that for a single account. Assuming you are up to date and not in arrears of course? If you're already defaulted then pointless paying.

You've not answered that nor my query as to whether you're a homeowner or not.

You need to have a long hard think and weigh up pros V cons. If you're up to date and you're pissed at that provider then why not try a new account elsewhere and try get a 0% balance transfer deal? There are options other than chasing UE with a perfectly good credit file.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbiz View Post
                          Also if I carry on paying, I can't argue the toss that they have lost my info?
                          Sure you can. You would complain, formally.

If they don't adequately deal with the complaint you then go to the ombudsman.

But what info have they lost here, exactly? The agreement isn't your info. You had a copy at inception - that was your copy. A s.78 literally asks the lender for their copy (or a recon). It's not part of a SAR and they CAN issue a recon if the original is archived / in storage etc.

Comment

I've sent you a picture of the documents they have sent me, a recon one and an illegible application it looks like. If I go to the ombudsman will I be treated fairly? So I should bring my payments up to date then?

- - - Updated - - -

And I checked my credit file its not great ;(

Comment

I replied saying its unenforceable.

Listen if you don't wanna pay then don't. If it's the CCA you're complaining over - don't bother. It's nothing to do with the ombudsman really cos as long as they're in default it's UE so they cannot enforce. Win win for you all round.

I don't think you quite understand what Unenforceability is yet. I'd read up in here before going ahead with cessation of payments!

-> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...dit-Agreements

Comment

Working...
                              X