GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Orange mobile to the next and then the next and so so - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange mobile to the next and then the next and so so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange mobile to the next and then the next and so so

Not sure if I'm in the right place. Short version - moved overseas and my parents sent me a scan of a letter from Orange (22nd of hte 9th 2010) stating that I owed them 2570 pounds.

I was overseas for some years and had no interest in this until recently as I've returned. Since then the debt has been passed on through about 5 different companies each claiming their right to the debt etc. The most recent one does the thing where they offer to accept half then mark it as partially paid on my credit rating.

I'm looking to settle and buy a house so I need to rebuild my credit score.

What should my course of action be with this pass the parcel sum? All that's happened is they've kept sending letters to my parents address - never a bailiff just letters. It's been basically 6 years now and there's just a pile of letters from different companies.

Also where is it best to get an idea of credit score? I heard experian are nonsense.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I've been scanning the forums looking for similar cases and will continue to do so.

Re: Orange mobile to the next and then the next and so so

Hi

from 2010 it'll almost be gone from credit files and likely be statute barred. Why would you pay it - are you mad?

Take a look at Noddle for your free report. If it shows the entry please confirm the details here - ie default date.

If it doesn't show up, you're home & dry.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Definitely don't even think about paying them. The amount 'owing' seems way over the top but that won't matter if it's statute barred (they can't take legal action against you if it's more than 6 years since you missed a payment/were defaulted)

Let us know what your Noddle report says.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Definitely don't even think about paying them. The amount 'owing' seems way over the top but that won't matter if it's statute barred (they can't take legal action against you if it's more than 6 years since you missed a payment/were defaulted)

Let us know what your Noddle report says.

Thanks - seems to be problems getting onto noddle at work - never heard of it before. I'll try from home later.

Thanks so far.

Comment

Totally agree, Fingers crossed for you
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X