GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script S B Credit card and bank account threatened to pass to Howard Cohen - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S B Credit card and bank account threatened to pass to Howard Cohen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S B Credit card and bank account threatened to pass to Howard Cohen

I have a credit card and a bank account both were HSBC. They were defaulted in 2008 and then sold to MKDP. I had not heard anything from HSBC and just the odd letter from MKDP until Hoist Portfolio took over MKDP and I have ignored the letters from Hoist since. The last payment to both accounts were in November 2009 so I believe both accounts to be SB now. The latest letter received yesterday informs me that unless I come to an arrangement to pay they will pass them both on to Howard Cohen.

What would you suggest is the best way to treat these? I originally sent a CCA request to HSBC back in 2009 or early 2010 but they returned the request saying that the signature didn't match their records and after that radio silence until they sold them to MKDP.

Bugsy.

Re: S B Credit card and bank account threatened to pass to Howard Cohen

You need a CCA. So reply to the DCA with an overdraft CCA request & sign it normally as you must send a valid request.

See what that transpires - overdrafts are quite different in that the default can be many months after the actual last usage date.... Explained in the overdraft CCA page in the UE section
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will do Niddy. Has the information regarding signing changed recently as it was always said before that there was no need to sign a CCA request?

Incidently these two accounts were defaulted in June 2008 and October 2008 respectively.

Bugsy

Comment

Then they should both be SB. I'd sign the request just so you've got a valid request sent through. Why not?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Fingers crossed Bugsy
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            You need a CCA. So reply to the DCA with an overdraft CCA request & sign it normally as you must send a valid request.

See what that transpires - overdrafts are quite different in that the default can be many months after the actual last usage date.... Explained in the overdraft CCA page in the UE section
            In addition I think you should also send the usual credit card cca request as you didn't receive one in response to your original request. Remember that you need to send £1 postal order for the credit card cca request but not for the overdraft.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Both CCA requests sent. No reply as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugsy View Post
                Both CCA requests sent. No reply as yet.
                No news is good news
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

i,

Its been a while of getting the usual begging letters from Robinson but today two separate letters, one for each HSBC account has arrived from Howard Cohen giving me until the 1st December to pay up or they will issue court papers. Just t re-iterate both of these have had CCA requests made and not fulfilled and both are SB as no payment or acknowledgement has been made since November 2009.

What would you suggest is the best way to deal with Cohen?

Bugsy.

Comment

if you are absolutely sure about the SB, I'd send the SB letter twice!

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the SB letter, I can't seem to find the aad+ section anymore.

Comment

To find AAD+ , click on the black AAD website icon on top right of this page and go to the home page; it's near the bottom.

Comment

Thanks cymruambyth, found that link. Just to confirm should the statute barred letter go to Cohen or Hoist or both?

Bugsy.

Comment

Cohen

Comment

S B Letters sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X