GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds/Cabot/Marlin - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds/Cabot/Marlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds/Cabot/Marlin

5 years ago Niddy gave me tremendous help with accounts with Halifax and Yorkshire Bank. I don't think they are quite statute-barred yet so I'm not completely safe, but I have heard nothing for a long while so I'm hopeful that's 27 grand I'll be relieved of.

I have a third account taken out before the relevant date, with Lloyds, but for some reason did not send it to Niddy along with the others. Perhaps I felt I had already imposed on him enough, as indeed I had!

The trouble is this. I have been reading through the forums carefully for the last couple of days and keep seeing references to Lloyds mucking things up, but it rather looks to me that Lloyds have singled me out to do everything by the book. Does anyone else have experience of Lloyds getting every detail right?

A further possibility has crossed my mind. After Cabot/Merlin took over the debt they started calling me every day, usually at 8 a.m. or 8 p.m., right at the limits of acceptable timing. They would finish every call with "the calls will continue." That suggests to me they were in breach of The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and furthermore they knew it. In fact I think it was an essential part of their business model. Could that be relevant in any defence?

Re: Lloyds/Cabot/Marlin

Hi and welcome back. You will have noticed that lots has developed since you were last around. Your Lloyds account may have defects, not all of them are in the open forum .
    I suggest you send the unedited agreement to Niddy with a link to this thread at webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Fingers crossed for you xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have sent the documentation using the new Enforceability Checking - Send us your Agreement section.

Comment

Great hold on xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

There's no original agreement. Just a recon of terms so it's UE.

That isn't harassment - however try and relax. If they push we'll help you to defend it
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you, thank you. I particularly appreciate the fast response as I have a writ - I have returned the ackowledgement of service but have limited time to get a defence in.

Did you see DocScan 25 and 26? 25 bears my signature - is that not an original agreement?

I will hugely appreciate some help in the defence. It's not just the money (although that's the main thing, I just haven't got it) but I believe Cabot paid about 10p in the £ for the debts they bought.

Comment

You say that you have a writ, is that a court claim in Scotland? If so we need a lot information to help you. We now have a Scottish solicitor to help with claims.

Comment

No, it's an English County Court Claim, in the County Court Business Centre at Northampton.

Comment

Can you mail me the N1 and I'll pass to our solicitor.

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

time is critical. Thanks.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sent. I don't know whether it's relevant but the date of "on or about Mar 28 2006" they mention is quite wrong.

Comment

Hi, you need to look here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...rom-a-Creditor and start a new thread. Also have a look at AAD+ which is a more secure area.

Comment

OK, new thread started in the place you suggested. I'm beginning to get more than a little confused now!

Comment

OK I just joined AAD+ but now I have 9 tabs open and I don't know whether I'm coming or going!!!

Comment

The one that counts is the legal thread, where you will be given guidance - if you are dealing with Jo direct (she has a fantastic success rate ) then most of your contact will be with her direct. You can still post "silly" questions which we will try to answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X