GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wife's letter threatening Howard Cohen from Robinson Way - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife's letter threatening Howard Cohen from Robinson Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's letter threatening Howard Cohen from Robinson Way

My wife has received a letter from Robinson Way giving her 10 days to come to a repayment agreement for her Barclaycard account or they will put in the hands of Cohen for legal action. We sent for the CCA some time ago and received the usual T&Cs and nothing resembling an actual agreement from Barclaycard even though Barclays say they have fulfilled her request. It has since been sold on to MK which has subsequently been passed to their mother company Robinson Way. The last time she paid anything to this account was in 2011 so still a long way off statute barred status. What is the most effective way to respond to this please? Can this letter be considered a LBA or will that come after Cohen get involved?

Bugs.

Re: Wife's letter threatening Howard Cohen from Robinson Way

Robinson Way are probably acting for Hoist Portfolio who bought MKDP at the end of last year.

From what you say that's not a LBA. Howard Cohen send their own version, usually too late for the recipient to respond but that's another story.

If I were in your shoes I would send Robinson Way the AAD template SWID. With any luck that should mean Howard Cohen don't become involved.

I would also send Niddy the Barclaycard CCA Request response which you received to check it's definitely UE (they usually are). He's away until the end of the month so don't send it to him for another week.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Plan B, Do you have a link to that template please? Where has the link to AAD+ gone too?

Comment

Hi Bugsy,
        Here's the link, just select the SWID option: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post489180

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks Elsa.

Comment

good luck xxxx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have had a look back at what was sent to her and realised that the latest reply to a CCA request was actually from MKDP which is now Hoist. It was just a copy of what Barclaycard sent previously.As Rob Way is also part of Hoist now does that alter her reply to this latest threat any? Is the SWID template still appropriate or is there another more appropriate?

Comment

I sent the SWID letter, as if I didn't know Hoist and MKDP were the same company,Robinson way have put it on hold while they speak with their client, I would be called barmy if I spoke to myself,
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All the best xx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                  X