GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card cheques - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card cheques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card cheques

Does anyone have any experience using credit card cheques in the past (I think they may be banned now) and in particular should there be terms and conditions separate to the terms and conditions supplied with the card?

Seamus

Re: Credit card cheques

I used to use them and I thought that the letter that used to accompany them said that they were the same as a cash withdrawal.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yep, they are treated as cash withdrawal and come with a letter advising you that you can use them for this or that payment. So they were doing you a favour giving you the opportunity to use up to your maximum balance without a withdrawal charge, instead of using a cashpoint limited to £200 a day, although GM card allowed you to take £200 a go, every time it was used, even if many times in a day.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yes I used them a lot in the last few months before I stopped paying on my cards and they were the reason I built up a lot of debt particularly on one particular card as all I was doing was paying other card's minimum payments every month with the cheques from another card. The company couldn't send them out quick enough while extending my credit limit to cover them.
        The reason I was interested was that I was wondering if it was another tool in the unenforceability tool box, maybe regarding T&Cs.

S

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus View Post
          The reason I was interested was that I was wondering if it was another tool in the unenforceability tool box, maybe regarding T&Cs.

S
          I'm not sure about that Seamus as I think Niddy would have picked up on it before now. However I might be wrong.

I used to use the cheques...they used to give them to you like confetti.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

CC Cheques are treated as a cash advance, and there are terms linked into the card main terms describing the rates and processes of allocation (ie interest first, then charges, then capital then cash advances (and cheques))

You cannot argue UE with CC Cheques, as the cheques are a feature of the account - it's like trying to argue UE on a Visa Card - no, you're arguing over the lawfulness of the agreement and associated terms that allows you to become a customer, upon which an account card / cheques are issued. You aren't arguing about the card (or cheques) but the actual agreement which was created!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yep thanks Niddy, understood. My thinking was more that there might be separate T and Cs that could be picked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus View Post
                Yep thanks Niddy, understood. My thinking was more that there might be separate T and Cs that could be picked on.
                Sadly not mate
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X