GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moorgate debt collector issue. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moorgate debt collector issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorgate debt collector issue.

My last issue is regarding moorgate debt collectors. They contacted me regarding two first direct CC issues. The letters were then followed up by letters from other debt collecting firms such as Arden and Idem which funnily all work out of the same building as moorgate but I suppose it is to heap the pressure on when you have people contacting you from lots of "different" firms. I did the same and asked them for the agreements and again nothing has been forthcoming. They did send through some information allegedly about the cards but it was not something that I recognised. One card was allegedly taken out in September 2007 but I know that I never took anything out in 2007, I had no need to and it was a memorable year as my youngest was born. We had not long moved house and all debt had been wiped clean when we moved, I had no need for any new card then.

They constantly ignore all requests for information whilst sending out final demands. I haven't checked any of the credit reference agencies but I do not recall ever receiving any default notice to this or any other debt. Unfortunately I know 3 posts about issues may seem bad but a lot of the issues came about after the fallout of looking after my mum in law when she was dying of cancer and we were nursing at home.

Any advice is gratefully received.

Re: Moorgate debt collector issue.

Hi josef

I've deleted your duplicated posts as it could get confusing. All your posts are now in the Unenforceability section of the forum.

Believe me, 3 posts/debts isn't a lot!! As others have said on your other threads, you may be better starting a UE diary so that we can get an overall picture and it helps to keep things together. Here's a link which tells you how to set up a diary---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...=1#post5922Use one post for each of your debts (all in the same thread)

I think you'd be as well sending cca requests to all three of your creditors CCA Request enclosing a £1 PO with each request. Remember to use a handwriting font to sign your request. The request letter is worded so that you are not acknowledging the debt.
    Last edited by Pixie; 24 February 2014, 10:53. Reason: forgot diary link
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Moorgate debt collector issue.

Thanks Pixie for your advice and help. Three feels a lot to me but have got rid of lowells and barclaycard already so was worse at one point.

Comment

Working...
      X