GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help needed ref UE and IVA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help needed ref UE and IVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed ref UE and IVA

Hi niddy and the guys
    Havent been on here for a while as al has been very quiet on the UE front and i feel i have been succesful with my 2 main cards i have been pursuing UE with. all thanks to Niddy's advice and guidance i have sent my final responses to both and am not getting much hassle...... but i now need some more advice.
    Thanks to a creditor pushing us for money we are seriously considering going into an IVA - have done all the research and have had discussions with several companies - but i was wondering is there any way that i can keep these two cards that are UE out of the IVA?
    Can this be done?
    Has anyone done this?
    Should i tell my IP that this is where i am with these two cards?
    Or have they to be included?
    Any answers appreciated.
    Thanks#

Re: help needed ref UE and IVA

Hi gandj,

Niddy is *supposed* to be having some time off but he's still lurking from time to time. I'm sure he'll be happy to help you out but for the time being, please be patient as normal service will be resumed on Tuesday 2

In the meantime, I'll try to find you someone who may be able to help with the IVA.

Angelic 2
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Thanks angelic!

Hiya... firstly do you really know what an IVA is.. and why do you want to go this route...? Have you tried going down a negotiation for repayment-- thats if UE isn't a possibility? No DMP approves of the UE.

If its the fact they are harassing you I would suggest talking to your CAB which is a free service (IVA costs) and ask them to write to this company or companies on your behalf they will send out a SOA and negotiate what you can afford if anything to pay. I went down this route and included the 2 ccards that are UE. for the crieditors to see they are treated fairly... then i just didn't pay the 2 UE ones and am in a plan to pay back a loan and OD. Also, I found with the CAB behind you the company is less likely to send you crap!

I feel that this may be better for you and unless there is a specific reason you want to go IVA which is one step before BR then the above might be better?

im sure ill get corrected if im wrong but thats what I have done.

Comment

Gandj - Can you provide more info please?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

HI Guys
          Sorry for delay in getting back - away from home a lot with work at minute.
          Thanks you all for your excellent support on this one - i cant help feelling i panicked a little last week and saw and IVA as our only route. i do realise what an IVA is and thought long and hard about it before approaching an IP.
          After a lot of thought and browsing the forums i now realise i have a lot more options open to me.
          I am currently following the UE route on 2 cards which are at their final response stage
          i have today started the CCA process on 2 more cards
          I have also today written to my remaining creditors enclosing a SOA asking them to accept reduced payments ( fingers crossed they will).
          I will keep you updated as to my progress.
          Thanks again - i think you have saved me from going down a route that was not going to work out in the end!

Comment

Brilliant news - ok well we're here if you need help. y
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy ;Hi1
              sent u an email with some good news on it - i think! ;-y

Comment

Originally posted by gandj
                Thanks Niddy ;Hi1
                sent u an email with some good news on it - i think! ;-y
                Hiya

Regards to the email (citi) yes - this is now finished until such time they send an agreement signed by you, or least compliant within the boundaries of s.78 (CCA).... so you can forget this for now - they can pursue you for the debt but that is all they can do - they cannot take court action against you. This applies to all unenforceable agreements - regardless of whether they admit it. As they have admitted this, you need to ensure that you retain that letter in a safe place!

Other point you asked about, FPC - just ignore them, nothing you can do i'm afraid..... just change numbers or bear with the hassle.... I know its a pain but its a small price to pay, having to ignore the phone. ;-y

As for citi - again, well done! :UE :UE

Comment

:UE
                  thank you Sir Niddy
                  first good news in a long time ;-y
                  to everyone else on the UE route - persevere and you will win ;LOL
                  i started this UE journey with CITI in May and have now succeeded in getting £5K on this card made :UE
                  this will make such a difference to our lives
                  one down three to go!

Comment

Hi gandj - as I say, well done. That's your first - we'll plod on with the others, however you'd be better starting a diary see here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

Just provide the info for all accounts and then we'll work through them, even the post 04/07 ones - however if you provide the info on this thread, i'll then rename it and move it to the diaries section for you.

Again, glad this worked for you y

Comment

Working...
                    X