GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Security Pacific Finance, now Bank of Ireland? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security Pacific Finance, now Bank of Ireland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Pacific Finance, now Bank of Ireland?

Hi

Searched through old mortgage papers this morning, hoping to find PPI on at least one of our mortgages. No luck I'm afraid!

I did though find the original documentation and settlement information for a loan secured on the house we had in 1985 by Security Pacific Finance that had "Life, Accident, Sickness and Redundancy Insurance" on it. I've heard that these guys were taken over in the UK by Bank of Ireland.

Can anyone confirm this and if so, does anyone have an SAR address for Bank of Ireland. Also is it worth going after such an old instance of PPI?

Regards

Re: Security Pacific Finance, now Bank of Ireland?

Hi there

Anything is worth a try, is this mortgage still ongoing? and what type of mortgage was it? if endowment, maybe you have an opportunity to make a complaint and reclaim on that side of it.

I found the website to Bank of Ireland below, check it out and find relevant contact details, you can ask them direct if they taken over the other business and also details of the data dept address at the same time, just so to get it right first time round :-)

http://www.bank-of-ireland.co.uk/contact-us/

Comment

Thanks Di for your help and information. I'll contact BoI as you suggest.

The mortgage and loan secured against the house were paid off when we moved.

Comment

Originally posted by colonelsensibl View Post
        Thanks Di for your help and information. I'll contact BoI as you suggest.

The mortgage and loan secured against the house were paid off when we moved.
        Your most welcome :-)

I say there is absolutely no harm in giving it a go x

Comment

........Also to add, now going back to the mortgage itself, do you know if it was an endowment mortgage or not?
          Back years ago many were sold them and have had rights to reclaim on overpayments for this type of mortgage, no matter if its now paid off or not, okay its not ppi but I thought I would mention this in case it applies to you, it may be well worth thinking about :-) x

Comment

Working...
          X